New KI Capital Announcememt TOMORROW!! 10/19/22

scoriell

While I'm not ruling out just year round operations, KD and Carowinds didn't drop any teasers yesterday regarding their announcements today. It just came out of the blue kinda like the prestige passes. I could see them announcing year round operations along side a ride/waterpark attraction announcement kinda like when KD announced Winterfest alongside TT. 

• Like 3

Ok my guess is something lame like a retheme of the Miami River Brew house or an additional restaurant somewhere else in the park. Could be an all year season announcement which I don't think is a good idea. What rides can operate in the Jan/Feb weather? 

Ok my hope is it's a flat ride announcement for Octoberfest and a reboot for that area with new scenery/architecture improvements. That would make me jump for joy! 

It will be interesting regardless because even if it's a stupid announcement it can't be any worse than when the Cedar Fair announcement said we were getting nothing! Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voicetek said:

I was really hoping for them to continue the Phantom Theater trend after the Encore show. Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed at this point. I'd still love to see a retheme of Boo Blasters. After 12 years, it's time to move on.

I’m also on the PT reboot team. They gotta do something with Boo Blasters. It’s in an awful state. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voicetek said:

I was really hoping for them to continue the Phantom Theater trend after the Encore show. Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed at this point. I'd still love to see a retheme of Boo Blasters. After 12 years, it's time to move on.

Maybe next year

• Like 2

A flat rides collection in Oktoberfest makes a ton of sense.  Especially if the park is looking to go year-round, family flats would be good there with Festhaus, Hanks, Chicken Shack, and Coney BBQ close by, the flats could run year round.  A new Spinning Keggers and a Nebulaz would be very nice additions to the park.

If the park is open in January thru March, I wonder if they will close some sections off.  I could also see some small additions in Planet Snoopy as well.

• Like 3

I don’t think we will see a Boo Blasters conversion into Phantom Theater as Boo Blasters is open for Winterfest. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new Phantom Theater constructed, though, without replacing Boo Blasters, as an extra dark ride wouldn’t hurt anyone.

37 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

If the park is open in January thru March, I wonder if they will close some sections off.

I’d like to think Action Zone would be closed as there isn’t anything to ride in the winter. I think the focus would be I-Street, Planet Snoopy, and Coney Mall/Oktoberfest. I like to think they’d close Rivertown to allow for maintenance on Mystic Timbers and the train after Winterfest.

• Like 2

IMO these year round announcements are questionable.    It’s been my experience multiple times at Cedar Fair parks if they have to low attendance they will close the park early or totally close the park.  

I have experienced this at Carowinds on a 50 day degree when the weather was clear.  At Kings Island multiple times because of tolerable rain but no attendance.   And the same by Kings Dominion. With Cedar Fair his reputation of not staying open If the weather affects the crowd. I don’t see this working.  Because the weather is going to be bad more days than good in the winter months

• Like 2

IF it's year round operations I wonder how many of the "complaining crowd" will give them credit for adding days to the operating calendar.  Probably none since I've seen nothing about how platinum passes got more bang for their buck because of KD and Carowinds year round operations.  

This would explain the increase in the gold pass prices.  (120 instead of 99).  Seems plausible that if we get year round operations it was "baked in" to the 2023 pass price.  Some may think it might be harder to get employees but I don't know if I'd agree.  Yes, you lose students in the winter season but on the other hand do you gain "full time, year round" employees (benefits, etc?).

Either way speculation is always fun and, of course, if it's a new flat I'm hoping for Der Spinning Keggers !!!! :) 

The contract for CGA was designed to give the park several more years of operations and one year at the end to remove attractions.  It’s way too early to be removing attractions whatever is happening at Kings Island it’s not attractions from CGA.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kenban said:

The contract for CGA was designed to give the park several more years of operations and one year at the end to remove attractions.  It’s way too early to be removing attractions whatever is happening at Kings Island it’s not attractions from CGA.

lol we'll see 

13 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

While I'm not ruling out just year round operations, KD and Carowinds didn't drop any teasers yesterday regarding their announcements today. It just came out of the blue kinda like the prestige passes. I could see them announcing year round operations along side a ride/waterpark attraction announcement kinda like when KD announced Winterfest alongside TT. 

This is what I'm hoping for. Don't see any announcements for big additions this late in the season, especially with no construction having been visible, however Slingshot's location being cleared does open a spot for a flat ride that could be installed fairly quick. Just seems odd that it wasn't announced along with other park additions. But, the same could be said for year-round operations not being announced alongside Carowinds and KD yesterday. 

I'm expecting year-round announcement. Winter's can be bad hear but if KD can, Ohio isn't that drastically different from VA. My hope if there is a year round announcement is that we will get more attractions in the future that can support this. The park really needs more flats and maybe we can get more indoor/dark rides added that would be able to run throughout the year. Have always felt that the old Action Theatre is a perfect spot for a new dark ride and would put it on opposite end as Boo Blasters to spread out. 

• Like 1

Year round operations or a flat ride perhaps

Year round operations would make sense. It would not make sense north of Cincinnati. Cedar Point and Lake Erie have a far cooler climate than Cincinnati even if it is only 200 miles away. Being a law school student in NW OH, there are sometimes 20-30 degree differences in temps during winter.