Kings Island Announces Adventure Port for 2023

Coasterteam

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So is Oktoberfest no more?

Is Festhaus still going to be “Festhaus”?

What about the glockenspiel?

It doesn't say for sure, but my guess is Oktoberfest and Festhaus are both still there. Festhaus is too big of a people collector. I think it's that the beer gardens/Hank's are going to be rethemed to the Mercado/Enrique's. 

I love this addition. It clears up that transition area between Coney Mall and Action Zone nicely AND it creates an area where Adventure Express is the anchor attraction, which should dispel any of those rumors of it disappearing any time soon (as someone with young kids, AE is a ride we hit several times each visit). 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

But agree, redo of the mexican restaurant and then bringing back 2 older rides (spin ride is updated version of old one).

So does that mean the VIP lounge there is gone and if so where will it be?

Due to all the complaints of the VIP lounge and amenities being devalued, they eliminated it for next year :P

• Like 1

Very excited that Adventure Express is finally getting some attention! I'll be interested to see what the enhancements are. It'll be fun to take a ride on it next season.

Also, the announcement says that they're adding two new family sides. Are they considering Sol Spin a family ride? Looks a little too intense to be a family ride.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

My thoughts are that they will either 

A. Keep Oktoberfest as literally just the Viking Fury and Festhaus

B. Incorporate Oktoberfest into I Street and maybe focus more into bringing an "International" flavor to that part of the park.

While I am excited to see some TLC to Adventure Express and for us to get a solid flat ride package the theme feels way too concentrated on an Arrow, which has a shelf life that isn't too far out. I would have loved to see a true expansion of Oktoberfest but for the sake of keeping a classic and finally fixing the theming issues surrounding that part of the park I'm pretty impressed. 

• Like 8

Festhaus and Viking Fury will still be there and themed to Octoberfest from what I have heard. I’m excited for the additions but would have been happier if they would have kept it all Octoberfest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I also seem to notice that the VIP area is no longer behind the "adventure Freestyle" building

Just now, fyrfyter said:

I’ve never seen the water behind Octoberfest that blue, it’s always just brown… :rolleyes:

Kill the fish and put dye in, you know everyone's favorite natural color, Kool-aid Blue

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

From their Facebook Page:

NEW IN 2023: Adventure will take centage stage in 2023 when we debut our newest themed area, Adventure Port. Located between Coney Mall and Action Zone, the area will feature two new family rides, enhanced theming for the Adventure Express roller coaster, Enrique’s quick service restaurant and the Mercado. Learn more: https://bit.ly/3ML5Py8 #KingsIsland

Looks like Adventure Express will also be spruced up!

• Like 2

Honestly, the more I think about this, the happier it makes me. It builds off two commitments I think KI has been really good about in recent years: creating new experiences for families, not just thrill-seekers, and respecting its history. 

My kids are on the cusp of late-preteen/early middle school age, and we hop on AE a lot. This gives them two new flat rides to get their feet wet one and means we don't have to treat AE as an out-of-the-way trip, because now there's also a good place to stop, rest and eat, as well as several rides around there. 

And I love that the two new flat rides are throwbacks to things like Skylab and Der Spinning Keggers. I think this area is going to really give KI a personality boost. I'd love to see them forgo adding a new giant roller coaster in The Vortex area and do another themed land there, but my hunch is that now that there's Adventure Port, they will focus on putting a coaster there (which is fine, too, so long as they commit to making it as photogenic as Vortex). 

• Like 7