Kings Island Announces Adventure Port for 2023

Coasterteam

I really hope those two large pine trees beside Adventure Express queue entrance aren’t going to be removed but knowing the parks disdain for trees im not hopeful. 

I like these smaller themed sections like Area 72 and Adventure Port.      

There is still enough to have Oktoberfest as a themed area.   The entrance to Delerium could easily be moved to the pathway beside Festhaus and thst ride could be incorporated into Oktoberfest.    In fact there is already an existing sidewalk connecting the queue to that path.      Plus there is room for some small food or game stands.    That’s enough to keep the area as its own. 

• Like 3

On 10/31/2022 at 2:35 PM, super7 said:

I really hope those two large pine trees beside Adventure Express queue entrance aren’t going to be removed but knowing the parks disdain for trees im not hopeful. 

I like these smaller themed sections like Area 72 and Adventure Port.      

There is still enough to have Oktoberfest as a themed area.   The entrance to Delerium could easily be moved to the pathway beside Festhaus and thst ride could be incorporated into Oktoberfest.    In fact there is already an existing sidewalk connecting the queue to that path.      Plus there is room for some small food or game stands.    That’s enough to keep the area as its own. 

Great idea reassigning Delerium just so the “mini area” has 2 rides and a food option. 

• Like 2

Why do you think that?  There is no past precedent for going two years with no capital investment at all.  2021 and 2022 were close, but I would argue that some of the investments in 2022 probably came from capital dollars (all the painting of rides, restoration of the carousel band organ and painting the carousel) and not from maintenance dollars.  There was also the pandemic in there too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

With the addition of Adventure Port in 2023 I don’t think we will see anything new in 2024 or 2025.

Parks with the attendance, size, and profitability of Kings Island almost need annual additions.  The number of years where almost nothing happened in the entire history of the park is very short.  They don’t need to be large in scale but there is almost zero chance there will be nothing in 2024 or 2025.  But I am expecting something much larger than this one of those years.

The longest gap between coasters since the park opened in 1972 has been 5 years and it’s only happened twice, between Diamondback and Banshee, and after the park initially opened to when Demon opened in 1977.  2025 will have been 5 years since Orion opened.  Typically it’s 3 years between coasters although the pandemic has changed plans and schedules, I would be extremely surprised if we don’t see a new coaster in either 2024 or 2025.

• Like 2

I think they will continue to keep adding things to the park in 2024, 2025 to keep the momentum up, since 2021 and 2022 we saw no rides being added. All of Cedar Fair's top 5 parks are getting something next year, and they will want to keep pushing to get the parks attendances back up to 2019, and last month already was above 2019 levels, and to keep making new records for the company.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I think they will continue to keep adding things to the park in 2024, 2025 to keep the momentum up, since 2021 and 2022 we saw no rides being added. All of Cedar Fair's top 5 parks are getting something next year, and they will want to keep pushing to get the parks attendances back up to 2019, and last month already was above 2019 levels, and to keep making new records for the company.

I hope they do as well! 

I just didn’t think they would because originally Orion wasn’t supposed to come to our park and they were going to focus on the water park and kids area. So I think those will happen in 2024.

• Like 1