Jump to content

Kings Island Shares Details about New Adventure Port in 2023


Recommended Posts

Adventure will take center stage at Kings Island in 2023 when the amusement park debuts its newest themed area, Adventure Port. Located between Coney Mall and Action Zone, the area will feature two new family rides and enhanced theming for Adventure Express, the park’s mine train family roller coaster.

Adventure Port Backstory
The myths of an ancient civilization, and its mighty city carved out of stone, have lured travelers from around the globe to this bustling port community for more than a century. Resting in the foothills of overgrown mountains and dense tropical terrain, Adventure Port is a hub for explorers searching for an ancient civilization’s forbidden temple and mysterious wonders. If asked, the locals will tell tales of those who came before and vanished. Did they unwittingly disturb ancient spirits and fall victim to an age-old curse?

image.jpeg

 

Additional improvements include a refresh of Hank’s Mexican Grill which will be renamed to Enrique’s. The current Bier Garten will be transformed into a portside Mercado, a favorite watering hole for tourists and explorers. “What I love about Adventure Port is that we’ve taken parts of the Adventure Express story and built upon it to create this new themed area,” said Mike Koontz, vice president, and general manager of Kings Island. “When guests who have been coming to the park for years visit this area for the first time, the story will feel familiar, but it will be told in a whole new way.”

 

image.jpeg

 

image.jpeg

 


Adventure Port Rides

 

Sol Spin

This recently discovered mechanism appears to be an immense sun disk created by an ancient civilization. Riders will board open air, suspended passenger vehicles and experience the sensation of flying 60
feet through the air at 25 m.p.h.

image.jpeg


 

Cargo Loco

Their methods might be a little dizzying, but the Arrow Cargo Company will get your goods from Point A to Point B...eventually. Riders will board these shipping barrels where they will be able to manually control the speed of their spin with a wheel in the middle of the barrel.

 

image.jpeg
 

Adventure Express

Embark on a treasure-hunting mine train expedition in search of a forbidden temple. This family coaster opened in 1991 and features a 63 ft. first drop with speeds up to 35 m.p.h. Enhancements for
2023 includes a relocated queue line and additional theming. The ride was repainted in advance of the 2022 season.

image.jpeg

New Adventure Express entrance

image.jpeg

 

The project’s design is being led by JRA, part of the RWS Entertainment Group with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Other contractors on the project include RSL Commercial Architects, Schaefer Engineers, Abercrombie and Associates and SHP Architects.

For more details about 2023 and to purchase tickets visit https://www.visitkingsisland.com/


 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Adventure will take center stage at Kings Island in 2023 when the amusement park debuts its newest themed area, Adventure Port. Located between Coney Mall and Action Zone, the area will feature two new family rides and enhanced theming for Adventure Express, the park’s mine train family roller coaster.

Adventure Port Backstory
The myths of an ancient civilization, and its mighty city carved out of stone, have lured travelers from around the globe to this bustling port community for more than a century. Resting in the foothills of overgrown mountains and dense tropical terrain, Adventure Port is a hub for explorers searching for an ancient civilization’s forbidden temple and mysterious wonders. If asked, the locals will tell tales of those who came before and vanished. Did they unwittingly disturb ancient spirits and fall victim to an age-old curse?

image.jpeg

 

Additional improvements include a refresh of Hank’s Mexican Grill which will be renamed to Enrique’s. The current Bier Garten will be transformed into a portside Mercado, a favorite watering hole for tourists and explorers. “What I love about Adventure Port is that we’ve taken parts of the Adventure Express story and built upon it to create this new themed area,” said Mike Koontz, vice president, and general manager of Kings Island. “When guests who have been coming to the park for years visit this area for the first time, the story will feel familiar, but it will be told in a whole new way.”

 

image.jpeg

 

image.jpeg

 


Adventure Port Rides

 

Sol Spin

This recently discovered mechanism appears to be an immense sun disk created by an ancient civilization. Riders will board open air, suspended passenger vehicles and experience the sensation of flying 60
feet through the air at 25 m.p.h.

image.jpeg


 

Cargo Loco

Their methods might be a little dizzying, but the Arrow Cargo Company will get your goods from Point A to Point B...eventually. Riders will board these shipping barrels where they will be able to manually control the speed of their spin with a wheel in the middle of the barrel.

 

image.jpeg
 

Adventure Express

Embark on a treasure-hunting mine train expedition in search of a forbidden temple. This family coaster opened in 1991 and features a 63 ft. first drop with speeds up to 35 m.p.h. Enhancements for
2023 includes a relocated queue line and additional theming. The ride was repainted in advance of the 2022 season.

image.jpeg

New Adventure Express entrance

image.jpeg

 

The project’s design is being led by JRA, part of the RWS Entertainment Group with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Other contractors on the project include RSL Commercial Architects, Schaefer Engineers, Abercrombie and Associates and SHP Architects.

For more details about 2023 and to purchase tickets visit https://www.visitkingsisland.com/


 

JRA has direct ties to Kings Island. Don’t believe me? Read the book? :)

They are an incredibly quality-driven company. This is exciting!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting that it doesn’t sound like R&R Creative Amusement Designs is involved at all. They designed Adventure Express’s theming in the first place…maybe they were outside the budget? JRA is great too though. Excited to see how it turns out!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Interesting that it doesn’t sound like R&R Creative Amusement Designs is involved at all. They designed Adventure Express’s theming in the first place…maybe they were outside the budget? JRA is great too though. Excited to see how it turns out!

Also interesting that Daniels Woodland is not involved seeing as they were listed on the notice of commencement and did the theming for Orion and Mystic. Maybe that's for 2024 with potentially B&M and SkyHigh? as were also listed on the NOC. Trying not to put the cart before the horse though. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Also interesting that Daniels Woodland is not involved seeing as they were listed on the notice of commencement and did the theming for Orion and Mystic. Maybe that's for 2024 with potentially B&M and SkyHigh? as were also listed on the NOC. Trying not to put the cart before the horse though. 

I am starting to think that all the companies on the Notice of Commencement not involved in this project are carry-overs from the Orion project and have simply not been removed. After all, besides the companies involved in Adventure Port, all the companies on the Notice of Commencement are the exact same as the previous Notice of Commencement and may have not been removed. I hope not, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am starting to think that all the companies on the Notice of Commencement not involved in this project are carry-overs from the Orion project and have simply not been removed. After all, besides the companies involved in Adventure Port, all the companies on the Notice of Commencement are the exact same as the previous Notice of Commencement and may have not been removed. I hope not, though.

There is no way that is the case. NOC's have to be correct. They are legal documents. The city is not interested in playing games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

There is no way that is the case. NOC's have to be correct. They are legal documents. The city is not interested in playing games. 

Is it possible that the other companies are still on contract for a few years after the Orion project? I find it highly unlikely that every single company Kings Island worked with in 2019, 2020, and 2021 has new work for the park going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Interesting that it doesn’t sound like R&R Creative Amusement Designs is involved at all. They designed Adventure Express’s theming in the first place…maybe they were outside the budget? JRA is great too though. Excited to see how it turns out!

I’d venture that JRA will turn out a better developed product. I feel R&R is a bit lower end in look and overall execution. JRA definitely is has the chops to knock it out of the park. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...