Six Flags Over Texas

johnjniehaus

Ok visited Six Flags Over Texas (10/10/22) and here's my thoughts/experience

1. This park is SO CONFUSING to navigate. The Dallas/Ft Worth airport was easier to get around than the park was! I got lost/couldn't find the entrance for a ride on 3 separate occasions. Even the employees couldn't tell me where the entrance to Titan was! 

2. Plagued by typical Six Flags understaffing issues. They really need to start fixing some of that. Judge Roy Scream and Mini Mine Train were both closed the entire day and countless flat rides weren't open either. If Six Flags doesn't want to be the Walmart amusement park chain and wants to start charging Busch Gardens and Dollywood prices, they absolutely MUST have all the rides that are able to operate open. 

3. They don't get enough credit for their unique coaster collection...I was actually surprised In the diversity of coasters and thrill levels. This was a really good lineup. New TX Giant was a great RMC and I didn't mind that it doesn't have inversions. Titan while not a traditional hyper is still a good ride and one of only two giovanolla hypers. Shockwave is the #1 Schwarzkopf coaster I've ridden and the back row ejector airtime is rivaled only by pheonix at Knobles. Runaway Mountain was a really neat premier rides indoor coaster and La Vibora was my second (and preferred) bobsled credit after Flying Turns at Knobles. Runaway Mine Train was really good for an early arrow mine train and had great pacing and 2 awesome tunnel sections and of course the saloon! The clones (Mr Freeze, Batman, Pandemonium, Joker Freespin) were all running smoothly and were enjoyable as well. 

4. The ride ops were really good! Most six flags parks don't have enough ride ops and Over TX seemed to be short staffed but the ops they did have were working hard with a smile on their face. For example, Six Flags Over GA has 5 ops in station and 2 for seat assigning/fast pass line and all 7 seemed to have got up on the wrong side of the bed. Over Tx had 2 ops working Shockwave who were super energetic and were giving high-fives plus they were dispatching trains WAY faster than GA was on Mindbender. The Shockwave ops needed the employees of the year award they were so good! 

This is probably my last out of state amusement park trip for 2022. Making my list for 2023....any suggestions? 

• Like 2

I've been to the following parks - 

Kings Island, Cedar Point, Strickers Grove, Coney Island (Cincinnati), Kentucky Kingdom, Kennywood, Knobles, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Hershey Park, Camden Park, Lakemont Park, Universal Studios, Universal Island of Adventure, Disney World (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom), Six Flags Over TX, Six Flags Over GA, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags St Louis, Six Flags Great Adventure, Dollywood. 

I haven't been to Dollywood since 2013 so that one is probably due for a revisit. 

• Like 1

I have not personally been there, but this past summer, my brother went to Bush Gardens Tampa and he said it's a fantastic park. I trust his opinion as we have experienced a lot of parks together and pretty much have the same taste. I want to go there myself.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, KIBeast said:

I have not personally been there, but this past summer, my brother went to Bush Gardens Tampa and he said it's a fantastic park. I trust his opinion as we have experienced a lot of parks together and pretty much have the same taste. I want to go there myself.

I got to Williamsburg this summer and I definitely want to do the Tampa location in 2023. Busch Gardens has such a good lineup and at least at Williamsburg their maintenance is immaculate. Loch Ness Monster is SO SMOOTH for an Arrow Dynamics coaster....can tell they take pride in maintaining it.

• Like 1