Adventure Express Enhanced - What do you want to see?

beastfan11

On 11/2/2022 at 11:30 AM, super7 said:

Although it would slightly reduce capacity I would love to see the front car have a train theme like Carowinds Goldrusher.   It looks great.   CF has been theming front coaster cars in the recent years like Carowinds did in the 70s.   I doubt if it happens 

They will probably do some knickknack theming in the station and maybe queue like they have done at Jungje Expedition at Kings Dominion.  Someone is having a good time at flea market treasure hunts!

it would be nice if the fog returns.    Any on ride theming should be done in the 2nd and final tunnels.  The reset of the ride is too fast to see theming.    I hope they leave the first tunnel dark.  It’s great at night. 

This isn’t theming but the biggest improvement they could make to the current coaster is removing that stupid  kink in the helix.   Arrow really knew how to make a coaster unnecessarily janky. 

Some people enjoy the jank, but I would like to see some of those worst spots fixed (I count about 3 that I would fix) and honestly, it probably wouldn't break the bank to do it on AE.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I wonder if the mist is possible now. Clearly there is some sort of paint or coating available. See: Diamondback splash. 

Give it a few more years I am sure Diamondback will need the splashdown replaced long before the rest of the coaster.  Sheikra at BGT had its splashdown track totally replaced earlier this year due to damage from the water.

• Like 2

A return of train 3, also would be great to add some more tunnels. I honestly would love to see most of the ride in tunnels and allow it to pop out into the wilderness here and there. 
They still use train 3 just not all 3 at once. The 3rd train would often set up on lift 2. This year trains 2 and 3 where in operation while train 1 was going through its rehab.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

They still use train 3 just not all 3 at once. The 3rd train would often set up on lift 2. This year trains 2 and 3 where in operation while train 1 was going through its rehab.

Not entirely related to AE; but KI apparently owns 4 FoF trains. Does anyone know if they just refurb 2 at a time and swap every so often or are 2 just used for parts for the other 2? 

• Like 2

They only had 3 trains converted to lap bars, and they only run 2 trains each season. Whatever trains sits out typically goes through rehab then, so they only have one train to rehab during the off season. Since the ride is open during Winterfest I have seen them do a train switch with the train that has already went through its rehab to get a jump start on the other train. Trains 2 and 3 ran during 2022.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, rlentless said:

I would love for the mist to come back but I thought they removed it because it prematurely rusted out track.  I guess they can use non-misting type of foggers but not sure how cost effective it would be for the long term.

I love AE but I remember the year it opened and I went to ride the new coaster that year.  I was loving every moment and then the final lift hill, the music, the statues with the arms swinging, the lava being dumped on the train.  I think they even had droplets of water dripping on you (not sure about that one).  The doors opened and I thought with this huge buildup we would be dropped in a deep dark tunnel or something.  But no, the just opened back to the queue line.  I thought "What the crap, that's it"!! 

Like I said I love the ride, rode it dozens of times.  Just that first time I was expecting something amazing after the final lift hill.

The ride ending is totally anticlimactic. 

I always thought that they should extend   the final lift hill, add track thst turns left into a  900 degree helix with a tunnel finale.     They would be able to market it as a new ride with smaller investment.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, super7 said:

I always thought that they should extend   the final lift hill, add track thst turns left into a  900 degree helix with a tunnel finale.     They would be able to market it as a new ride with smaller investment.   

Wow...a 900 degree helix!  That would be inspirational. 

5 hours ago, super7 said:

I would love to know which manufacturer would want to take on that job....S&S acquired Arrow but they seem to have moved on from the Arrow Designs and Coaster Types. I would just be curious to see if they would even consider manufacturing new mine ride track and altering an Arrow Dynamics ride....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnjniehaus said:

I would love to know which manufacturer would want to take on that job....S&S acquired Arrow but they seem to have moved on from the Arrow Designs and Coaster Types. I would just be curious to see if they would even consider manufacturing new mine ride track and altering an Arrow Dynamics ride....

I'd be very curious if they ever considered somehow "extending" the ride after the final lift hill, like going above and around the new area. Not likely at all but would be neat. Would likely mean they need to put the third train on the track because often the train leaves the station before the one on the course hits the brake run for a few seconds. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

To my knowledge, Adventure Express has 4 block zones: Station, 1st lift hill, second lift hill, transfer track. (If I’m missing one, please correct me.

3 train operations would require one train going through the course of the ride while one train is in the station and one train is on the transfer track. The 3rd train, in theory, could be waiting at the top of the second lift hill in tunnel but that would ruin the affect of the final tunnel imo. 

If I’m right on the total number of block zones being 4, and you want to run 3 trains, you would need to slow down the chain speed on the lift hills to space out dispatches (similar to The Beast). A 5th block could be added in the 2nd tunnel before the hill and a show scene could be incorporated (similar to BLSC) but that would require a lot of work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

To my knowledge, Adventure Express has 4 block zones: Station, 1st lift hill, second lift hill, transfer track. (If I’m missing one, please correct me.

3 train operations would require one train going through the course of the ride while one train is in the station and one train is on the transfer track. The 3rd train, in theory, could be waiting at the top of the second lift hill in tunnel but that would ruin the affect of the final tunnel imo. 

If I’m right on the total number of block zones being 4, and you want to run 3 trains, you would need to slow down the chain speed on the lift hills to space out dispatches (similar to The Beast). A 5th block could be added in the 2nd tunnel before the hill and a show scene could be incorporated (similar to BLSC) but that would require a lot of work.

Yes

It could be incorporated into the theming because it almost seems like it’s partially through an action (the fist/pour people) as you’re still going up the lift. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, SonofBaconator said:

The 3rd train, in theory, could be waiting at the top of the second lift hill in tunnel but that would ruin the affect of the final tunnel imo. 

It also used to ruin that lift motor ;) which is why the ride switched to two trains. 

I have always found it interesting that Adventure Express opened before the Paramount days but was sort of an omen as to what was coming next for the park. I'm not sure if the park management knew Paramount was going to swoop in the year following the opening of the coaster however it has remained one of the most unaltered rides from that period of park history. 

I really hope they bring back all the old effects that are "broken" most of the time like the spear traps and the lava effects and add more skeletons and snakes, etc. Something else I would love to see is a mist or something in the final tunnel with the cauldron guy with a red light behind it to make it appear that the lava is actually physically falling onto the trains/riders. (Much like the big thunder mountain waterfall effect on the first lift hill). I doubt they will do anything like that because the mist/water probably puts more wear on track and whatever but it would still really heighten the experience! 

• Like 4

"rMc Son of Beast cOnFiRmEd" lol

Obviously not that! It’s an RMC Adventure Express lol

But seriously though, I feel like their putting way too much teasing into this just for some more theming on Adventure Express. I guess it’s just the speculator in me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still holding onto hope for a great refresh of AE, but honestly these teasers are having the opposite effect on me. Seems like they are just adding story to what is currently there than adding/changing anything so far. As long as they fix all the effects that will still be great. My one real hope though is they add something to the third tunnel. It has always felt so lackluster compared to the others with just a red light in a wood box essentially.