Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

53 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The concrete for 72 was to fit with the flight base theme. Flight bases have concrete/blacktop. 

Fair, but I feel like a darker black or grey paver color would have worked just fine. Kings Island could have even used lighter colored pavers to make the ground look like a runway. I think that would have looked and aged better.

On a side note, I think he would be awesome if Kings Island hired IMAscore to create a custom soundtrack for Adventure Port. I think that would add a lot to the new area.

• Like 4

I don’t know for sure if the construction crews are done removing the concrete in the area, but it appears that only a specific section of the concrete was cut out with how clean the cut lines are. I don’t know why Kings Island would only remove some of the concrete and not all of it, but it is interesting.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I don’t know for sure if the construction crews are done removing the concrete in the area, but it appears that only a specific section of the concrete was cut out with how clean the cut lines are. I don’t know why Kings Island would only remove some of the concrete and not all of it, but it is interesting.

image.png

There could be way more concrete beyond that camera view or it could be for utility routing. if only the camera was pointed towards the area.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

There could be way more concrete beyond that camera view or it could be for utility routing. if only the camera was pointed towards the area.

There likely is more concrete removed beyond the area. I wish the camera was panned a little more to the left. LOL! If it is for utilities, I think we will see construction crews dig deeper to place the utility lines.

• Like 1

Initially I had thought that they were painting the building brown but after I have looked at this more on a bigger screen, it almost looks like it is a new hole in the building as opposed to brown paint so it looks to be lighting from inside the building causing it to look brown.  If it is a new hole, could they be putting in glass and turning that building into a ride operator's building or something else as the spot in the builiding in question looks well framed/sized.  This spot wasn't earmarked for anything in the original concept art.

Screenshot_20230205_125343_Samsung Internet.jpg

image.png

image.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

Looking good so far! I’m really liking the colors on the Mercado. But I would be shocked if Adventure Port is finished by opening day. It looks like there’s still a lot of work left to do. 

Not to mention that ride crews need to get trained at the new rides. Construction started on Adventure Port pretty late, which I one reason why I assume the addition was last minute,m. Cedar Fair always wants new additions to be announced by the time season passes go on sale and to be ready for Opening Day.

• Like 2

I like that this seems to clean up the mess that the biergarden patio had become where pergolas had been cut down, light poles added, railing tacked on where bridges used to be etc. speaking of bridges-wish that one came back to connect the food/bev location more directly to the other food location (festhaus). Now they just need to bring back the banners/streamers to the “German area extension of international street formerly known as Oktoberfest” to balance the colors. One side of the pond is looking bold and bright-the other is gonna seem a bit brown and dowdy by comparison. Even if they “absorbed” Delirium (renamed) into Oktoberfest as an additional ride for that area. It seems more like part of that area anyway with a minor re-route of the queue line. 

• Like 2

Liking what I'm seeing and I'm very hopeful this will all be done by opening day...it will be almost as disappointing as opening day 2022 when we walked back to The Beast and realized it would still be closed for another month or so if Adventure Port isn't finished by opening day. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Looking good so far! I’m really liking the colors on the Mercado. But I would be shocked if Adventure Port is finished by opening day. It looks like there’s still a lot of work left to do. 

I could see it being like Jungle X at KD where we keep seeing theming added throughout the season. I'm also holding out hope that Viking Fury could be rethemed to some sort of cargo ship and it gets a late "hidden temple" like announcement like Reptilian and Arachnidia at KD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I could see it being like Jungle X at KD where we keep seeing theming added throughout the season. I'm also holding out hope that Viking Fury could be rethemed to some sort of cargo ship and it gets a late "hidden temple" like announcement like Reptilian and Arachnidia at KD. 

That wouldn’t make sense as it isn’t in the same area. That “zone” seems to be staying a “German neighborhood” of IS with the pretzel building (can we PLEASE for the love of God get rid of Auntie Ann’s and instead do real, artisan pretzels with creative toppings and flavors) and Festhaus, the completely un-German, German food and festival haus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

That wouldn’t make sense as it isn’t in the same area. That “zone” seems to be staying a “German neighborhood” of IS with the pretzel building (can we PLEASE for the love of God get rid of Auntie Ann’s and instead do real, artisan pretzels with creative toppings and flavors) and Festhaus, the completely un-German, German food and festival haus. 

Well a shipping port is a dock with boats and it is a large ship so I think it can work. They could even keep it a viking ship, but have it be a cargo ship overtaken by Vikings. They can easily reroute the queue and have the entrance near Enrique's. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well a shipping port is a dock with boats and it is a large ship so I think it can work. They could even keep it a viking ship, but have it be a cargo ship overtaken by Vikings. They can easily reroute the queue and have the entrance near Enrique's. 

But why? If anything that side needs lusher landscape to make it less confusing. You want “the land formerly know as Oktoberfest” to have NOTHING to show for itself any more? Lol

• Like 3

The swinging ship fits better thematically in Adventures Port.   However I would hate to see its entrance moved to the other side as they would probably cut more trees out.   

They would be wise to keep Oktoberfest as a small themed official area.  For marketing purposes, more themed areas make the park “seem” bigger.     And it’s better than I Street overflowing to that area. 

To do this the swinging shop and Delirium should be Oktoberfest rides.  

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic