Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

34 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

The attention to detail is insane. I’m excited to see what else the park has in store for Adventure Express. I wish they returned to 3 train operations but I understand why they only run two trains.

It’s frustrating as you see what they are capable of when given time and budget. That’s why the hosing down of brown that VikingFury got a few years ago seems even more odd. 

• Like 6

On 2/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, Oldschool75 said:

I just hope they put the Coney Mall sign back up. 

Given the fact that they are gonna string colored confetti banners all over Adventure Port, there's no reason why they cant bring back all of the themed area archways/signage.  I doubt they will, but one can hope.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

What you see in the photo is just the base color on the masks. More to come to make them feel aged and ancient. ;) :rolleyes:

I'm excited to see more. I appreciate the detail work that has gone into them already, but they did seem a bit "clean" compared to the overall vibe of Adventure Express.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I'm excited to see more. I appreciate the detail work that has gone into them already, but they did seem a bit "clean" compared to the overall vibe of Adventure Express.

Just give it a couple of summers and it'll look weathered no matter what they do. There are so many spores and junk in the air around here.

• Like 2

Am I going to far out on a limb to say I think they should just incorporate The Viking Ship into the Adventure Port area?  Give it a matching paint job and update the queue then call it the Pirate Ship or something.  I would guest if there are cargo ships, then there are pirate ships.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, rlentless said:

Am I going to far out on a limb to say I think they should just incorporate The Viking Ship into the Adventure Port area?  Give it a matching paint job and update the queue then call it the Pirate Ship or something.  I would guest if there are cargo ships, then there are pirate ships.

"Cargo Fury" would be a good name imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, rlentless said:

I think the only way that works is if the re-route the queue to the Adventure Port side. I’d rather make it part of the German mini land that is what’s left over of Oktoberfest. Put a bar back along the back wall (where a bar actually is) and bring at least a few German offerings to FestHaus. Add paint details back to Viking Fury and add striped canopies in the colors of the German flag. It’s such a tiny area now that they could bring a real Germanic feel with minimal investment.  Even if Delerium (renamed) moved into this area with a slightly re-routed queue it would balance things better. Then you’d have a central/South American mini land, a German mini land both coming off of International Street. Then on the other side create an  Italian mini land coming off of Graeters/LaRossas with a new dark ride in BOOBlasters that could be an Italian Phantom Theatre. Let IS be the corridor that a few international themed mini lands connect to. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I believe this post violates KIC’s TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

? Is it the video link? If it is, I don't know how to post video in Kings Island, if it's not and it's the drone flying over Kings Island, then I can see why. But either way, we know how it's going on.

6 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

? Is it the video link? If it is, I don't know how to post video in Kings Island, if it's not and it's the drone flying over Kings Island, then I can see why. But either way, we know how it's going on.

It is good practice to know and be aware of the TOS one agrees to by signing up for any social media platform one is posting in...

• Like 1

I have a genuine question. I know no drone footage or pictures cannot be posted on here, but are we allowed to talk about Adventure Port progress (or really progress on any Kings Island projects for that matter) based on what we see from drone pictures online. So if a user saw that progress was made on Adventure Port from a drone post online, would they be able to talk about it on here without actually referencing the drone post?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I have a genuine question. I know no drone footage or pictures cannot be posted on here, but are we allowed to talk about Adventure Port progress (or really progress on any Kings Island projects for that matter) based on what we see from drone pictures online. So if a user saw that progress was made on Adventure Port from a drone post online, would they be able to talk about it on here without actually referencing the drone post?

Then you end up in a circular loop as another section of the TOS says you have to name the source...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Then you end up in a circular loop as another section of the TOS says you have to name the source...

Then could you talk about a drone post AND name the source but just not actually post the drone pictures or footage on here? Or could you just be very general about the source (like saying I saw a drone picture or footage online). I have seen a lot of users on here saying stuff like “I caught wind that Kings Island has done this” or “O heard Kings Island has done that” when, in reality, they aren’t giving a very specific source. I feel like saying something like “I saw something online and it looks like Adventure Port…” is no different if not even more descriptive of a source.

26 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Then could you talk about a drone post AND name the source but just not actually post the drone pictures or footage on here? Or could you just be very general about the source (like saying I saw a drone picture or footage online). I have seen a lot of users on here saying stuff like “I caught wind that Kings Island has done this” or “O heard Kings Island has done that” when, in reality, they aren’t giving a very specific source. I feel like saying something like “I saw something online and it looks like Adventure Port…” is no different if not even more descriptive of a source.

No, that is still promoting the acts that we deemed illegal by the TOS. There is no loophole, what the mods wrote originally rules both situations as violations.

• Confused 1

As a fan site of Kings Island, we want to follow and respect the parks rules. Giving promotion to such channels (even if they followed all laws and regulations to a T) can influence amateurs who have no regard for FAA rules or have the knowledge to properly pilot one. This can result in someone being seriously hurt or property damaged just to get some extra clicks. We want to be good stewards for the park to keep the park staff and rides safe from such potential problems. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It appears that the patio of the Mercado will have concrete as new concrete has started being poured on the right side of this picture. Hopefully, the rest of Adventure Port receives pavers, though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpIQpWHOlID/?igshid=MjkzY2Y1YTY=

If they actually DO something with the concrete (stain, color, texture etc) I prefer that over pavers, but if its just smooth concrete thats not really playing into the theme. I'm actually intrigues by the raised concrete structure - FOUNTAIN?? or at least planter to bring more color to the area

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

If they actually DO something with the concrete (stain, color, texture etc) I prefer that over pavers, but if its just smooth concrete thats not really playing into the theme

From the picture, it unfortunately does look the concrete is smooth. I agree with you, though, a plain concrete surface adds nothing to the theme. I feel like a lot of people rave about Area 72 and it’s theming, but in my opinion, it does not hold a candle to Blue Ridge Junction or Jungle X-Pedition. Besides a few props, Area 72, looks like a concrete jungle. And I know it is supposed to be a military base, but I feel like more detail could have been added.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

unless it is a base for tile or paving stone... but either of those I'd assume they would do with stamped concrete for better durability... time will tell

It would be neat to see terracotta tiles in Adventure Port like in the new Fiesta Village at Knott’s Berry Farm. I noticed in this picture, that there is a thin gap between the newly poured patio on the side of Enrique’s and the support beams. Maybe the gap is for tiles to be placed?

image.png

• Like 2

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic