Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

10 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think the building is for Sol Spin’s machinery, but it also looks like it will also house one of Sol Spin’s operator booths. I hope Kings Island gets creative with the building and paints it to fit in with the theme of the ride and area.

Yeah. Seems to big to just be one of the other. There looks to be another standard small op booth of the other side. Looks like they just combined both needs here into one structure. which side is entry (from Adventure Express plaza or off the midway?)There is an area of switchbacks behind the trees by the smaller booth and it also looks like there’s a bit of queue along the far side of the ride deck  I’m sure there will be some “hidden temple” type details added as this looks like a trailer plopped there now. Still looks like sone interior work to knock out first. 

• Like 1

There are two Fenton Rigging cranes in the parking lot today. Fenton Rigging has done many rigging projects with Kings Island before. I wonder if vertical construction on the new flat rides is going to start soon. Yesterday, I saw a truck carrying one of those massive shipping containers in the parking lot, which could have honestly been part of the shipment for the new flat rides. The shipment also could have been a number of other things, though. People used to go to Panjiva to look up recent shipments to Kings Island (and other parks), but I don’t know how to see Kings Island (or any parks) on the website anymore without purchasing a subscription.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

There are two Fenton Rigging cranes in the parking lot today. Fenton Rigging has done many rigging projects with Kings Island before. I wonder if vertical construction on the new flat rides is going to start soon. 

I watched Fenton unload one of the PLC cabinets for one of the new rides yesterday. Big, shiny, stainless steel. 

• Like 3

Here are some updates from yesterday:

Bamboo railings going up for Cargo Loco's entrance/queue. Also the water tower seen in the concept art in the queue has begun construction.

A375B5D2-66C5-41F7-99B0-C2ADB61A9D81_1_102_o.jpeg

Additional bamboo has been installed for Sol Spin's queue/entrance. Something worth noting is that speakers have been added to almost all the light posts across Adventure Port. You can see them if you zoom in on the below picture. Hopefully for an IMAScore soundtrack?? Or unthemed pop/jazz music. Not much in-between at Kings Island these days!

5948BE58-EB49-4999-84F2-1B6C34AE3398_1_102_o.jpeg

Rockwork(?) in front of Sol Spin for a sign(?). Last week it was just a wire frame.

CDBFE8E9-16DF-4606-ACD4-08DD2C8A971B_1_102_o.jpeg

There is a new, painted Mercado sign that was added to the building.

54B9A407-C250-42CE-8774-BE90058B2317_1_102_o.jpeg

The painted Enrique's sign has been added to the front facade. I think this sign looks really, really good. Hopefully they're able to stick a fake window on there like in the concept art but I'm just not sure how it would fit given the size/location of the sign. 

79AAFEBF-C085-4D8B-9C03-7CC8D62FDFBF_1_102_o.jpeg

Additional painted detail work has been added to the Coca-Cola Freestyle building compared to last week.

5CBFD4FD-5904-4805-BB71-A649CB304BCC_1_102_o.jpeg

Who knows when it's going to open...but I would say that it's certainly encouraging to see that when it does, it will be detailed and high-quality, based on the progress I've seen so far!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

There looks to be a lot of new speakers in the queues for the new rides as well in front of Enrique’s. I assume there are additional speakers in Adventure Express’ queue line and around the whole area. Obviously rides usually have speakers in their queue lines for communication with guests and for FunTV’s, but there are A LOT of new speakers for just a few FunTV’s (which usually have a sound bar for the sound anyways). The sound system setup in the queues honestly reminds me of Mystic Timbers’ queue, which plays an IMAscore soundtrack throughout the entire queue. Seeing these updates makes me really hopeful for a custom Adventure Port soundtrack! Atmospheric music really enhances the feel of any area by helping set the theme.

Edit: I just realized @KIghostguy already mentioned this. I guess I am just really excited.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Here are some updates from yesterday:

Bamboo railings going up for Cargo Loco's entrance/queue. Also the water tower seen in the concept art in the queue has begun construction.

A375B5D2-66C5-41F7-99B0-C2ADB61A9D81_1_102_o.jpeg

Additional bamboo has been installed for Sol Spin's queue/entrance. Something worth noting is that speakers have been added to almost all the light posts across Adventure Port. You can see them if you zoom in on the below picture. Hopefully for an IMAScore soundtrack?? Or unthemed pop/jazz music. Not much in-between at Kings Island these days!

5948BE58-EB49-4999-84F2-1B6C34AE3398_1_102_o.jpeg

Rockwork(?) in front of Sol Spin for a sign(?). Last week it was just a wire frame.

CDBFE8E9-16DF-4606-ACD4-08DD2C8A971B_1_102_o.jpeg

There is a new, painted Mercado sign that was added to the building.

54B9A407-C250-42CE-8774-BE90058B2317_1_102_o.jpeg

The painted Enrique's sign has been added to the front facade. I think this sign looks really, really good. Hopefully they're able to stick a fake window on there like in the concept art but I'm just not sure how it would fit given the size/location of the sign. 

79AAFEBF-C085-4D8B-9C03-7CC8D62FDFBF_1_102_o.jpeg

Additional painted detail work has been added to the Coca-Cola Freestyle building compared to last week.

5CBFD4FD-5904-4805-BB71-A649CB304BCC_1_102_o.jpeg

Who knows when it's going to open...but I would say that it's certainly encouraging to see that when it does, it will be detailed and high-quality, based on the progress I've seen so far!

Unlike the Crypt's bamboo fences. Adventure port's version is actually bamboo.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if the Airbrush stand is actually going to be a part of Adventure Port? Right now, the map lists it as being in Adventure Port, but the colored concrete does not even extend all the way to it, and its color scheme does not fit the theme of area at all.

• Like 1

Despite what the map says, I think they might have dropped it from being part of Adventure Port. No repaint, and no new concrete to or around it.

It doesn't really fit in either AP or I-Street, honestly it would probably fit best in Coney. There are better things that building could be used for.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Despite what the map says, I think they might have dropped it from being part of Adventure Port. No repaint, and no new concrete to or around it.

It doesn't really fit in either AP or I-Street, honestly it would probably fit best in Coney. There are better things that building could be used for.

I don’t mind too much if it is not part of Adventure Port as it would not add much to the area, but it would have been cool to see the banners hanging all the way down that pathway. I do hope that we still see the banners around the area, though.

• Like 1

It would actually be, layout-wise, a little strange to make it part of Adventure Port considering the location across from the Tower Gardens entrance, which is very much I-Street. Maybe they decided not to try splitting areas in the middle of the midway there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

I agree that it could surly have a better use. It seems so dated (do people even buy airbrushed stuff anymore? Must or it wouldn’t be there) but I agree that making it part of AdventurePort seemed odd (especially if they kept it airbrush instead of making it more of an “outpost explorer” themed shop…unless it had been a “travel supply” shop themed to outpost 5! Maybe it could find a new purpose if they reworked that entire area around the pond with VikingFury to open up the path around to Festhaus and clean up the queue. 

• Like 2

I think someone mentioned a while back that the new paint looked too fresh. The pictures on this page of Enrique’s and the Coca-Cola Building show that they went back and did some distressing. The whole area is looking really good and can’t wait to see the final product.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, befat said:

I think someone mentioned a while back that the new paint looked too fresh. The pictures on this page of Enrique’s and the Coca-Cola Building show that they went back and did some distressing. The whole area is looking really good and can’t wait to see the final product.

The sun will do that in a few seasons naturally.

• Like 1

And to be fair, they have been distressing the paint on both the Coke Market Place and Enrique`s to make it look older.  It wasn`t that way on opening weekend, but they have added that during the week when the park has been closed.

• Like 2

I'll see for myself in a couple of weeks, but it looks like this will be a home run.

I wish they had chosen a different surface for the Mercado (beirgarten)  patio, from the pictures it looks like plain concrete. 

I hope they put themed garbage cans in. 

Everyone, enjoy the park today!

• Like 4

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic