Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

I find it amusing that KI is playing catch-up to KK:

Prod johns flying machine, frog hoppers.  Then ki gets their flying eagles substitute and rocket bouncer .

Storm Chaser...medium sized coaster...then ki gets Mystic Timbers. (Both are mid sized coasters, but ki followed kks lead)

Onion, then KI got Orion ..or do I have this backwards? :)

Scream Extreme ...sol spin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I find it amusing that KI is playing catch-up to KK:

Prod johns flying machine, frog hoppers.  Then ki gets their flying eagles substitute and rocket bouncer .

Storm Chaser...medium sized coaster...then ki gets Mystic Timbers. (Both are mid sized coasters, but ki followed kks lead)

Onion, then KI got Orion ..or do I have this backwards? :)

Scream Extreme ...sol spin.

The comparisons are definitely astute. KK is a competitor to KI when it comes to the Kentucky market (with exception to NKY of course and individuals looking to get more out of their amusement park experience.) 

I always hoped KK would’ve went with a hyper that I believe was a very loose rumor years ago, but with T3 apparently biting the dust, we might see a higher quality thrill ride that might force a response from KI.

17 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

The comparisons are definitely astute. KK is a competitor to KI when it comes to the Kentucky market (with exception to NKY of course and individuals looking to get more out of their amusement park experience.) 

I always hoped KK would’ve went with a hyper that I believe was a very loose rumor years ago, but with T3 apparently biting the dust, we might see a higher quality thrill ride that might force a response from KI.

I think it primarily depends on Kentucky Kingdom's budget. Although you can consider KK to be a competitor to Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom is a much smaller park that doesn't have nearly the same amount of attendance that Kings Island has. That park also has a strict height restriction since it's located right next to the airport, so I don't think a hyper would really be feasible and that's probably one of the reasons we haven't seen one built there. There are still several coaster types I can see replacing T3 that would make sense for the type of park Kentucky Kingdom is, but I'm unsure whether the T3 replacement (if it's even a coaster at all) will have much of an effect on Kings Island's next coaster. I'd be willing to bet we'll probably see Vortex's replacement before T3's, but time will tell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

I think it primarily depends on Kentucky Kingdom's budget. Although you can consider KK to be a competitor to Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom is a much smaller park that doesn't have nearly the same amount of attendance that Kings Island has. That park also has a strict height restriction since it's located right next to the airport, so I don't think a hyper would really be feasible and that's probably one of the reasons we haven't seen one built there. There are still several coaster types I can see replacing T3 that would make sense for the type of park Kentucky Kingdom is, but I'm unsure whether the T3 replacement (if it's even a coaster at all) will have much of an effect on Kings Island's next coaster. I'd be willing to bet we'll probably see Vortex's replacement before T3's, but time will tell.

Yes I don’t think what we have is a huge competition between parks but what @BeeastFarmer said does have some logic to it. I’m surprised we haven’t seen something like a S&S 4D Freespin or a Premier Skyrocket II come from KK considering how both are marketable to the general public and could certainly take two models out of KI’s potential ride selections (not that two parks in overlapping markets haven’t had similar rides in the past.) 

With Herschend at the wheel, assuming they work well with the fairgrounds, only time will tell with how aggressive they are with new attractions.

15 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

My heart weeps for the two redbud trees they planted in the deforested grassy area in front of AE last year.  I sincerely hope they were relocated elsewhere.

Those are really some beautiful trees. I hope they were relocated, especially since the park lost some trees this off-season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sixflags82 said:

On a more positive note they are now playing thematically accurate music in adventure port 

Did the music sound more custom or was it just more thematically appropriate song choices? Either one is an improvement, but a custom soundtrack would be REALLY cool.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Park Confirmed. We are getting the 24-seat capacity!

Hopefully, it will be a non-issue regarding waiting times. Should it it prove to be a significant problem, they very easily could relocate Sol Spin to smaller park and replace it with a 48-seat model next year.

The silver lining of this is that riders get a little more of an open feeling having nothing around them on all sides.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the updates! The sign looks pretty cool; the bottom part of it looks woven (even though it's not!). Also, the names on the Cargo Loco barrels are an interesting choice. Finally, Sol Spin looks like one of those Lego-esque construction sets that has some assembly required. :P

Are we thinking AP will be finished by Memorial Day weekend?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Wrecking ball or prop?

IMG_5987.jpeg

I think they are working on the bust of the head (like the ones on the final lift hill of Adventure Express) that is going in front of the Adventure Express entry plaza. There is a foundation poured for it, and it is also in the concept art.

• Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic