Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

17 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

Hard to tell since the photo is so distant, but it looks like they repainted and/or added some theming to the trains.

I took this photo earlier before they put them on the track. When I walked past them they seemed like they were last year. I couldn't tell a difference.

20230518_104402.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Is this area accessible to guests right now? I know by Coke Free-style it's closed. 

This section of the midway is open. About where Adventure Express’ old entrance was, the walking pathway has been temporarily re-routed through the Mercado patio and Enrique’s

Also, while I really like the new sign, there is only any signage in one of three entry points into Adventure Port. It would be cool if when (or if) the banners are hung around the area, they read “Welcome to Adventure Port” or something by the Coney Mall and International Street entrances into the new area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know I’m picking nits about concrete here, but the ET photos have me convinced they actually did cut out and replace the part at the edge of Mercado. It’s a very clean line, and the new surface is exactly the same shade as what was poured for the AE entrance last week. A slightly deeper shade than the midway right next to it, which has been in place for over a month and had time to weather in compared to the new.

And now back to construction, lol.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

They are making progress.  They were testing the mechanics.20230519_112025.jpg20230519_111948.jpg

The things they get done in a few weeks are insane. I can't wait to see the finished product; it'll be here before we know it.

• Like 6

Thanks again for all the photo updates! :D I am looking forward to seeing the progress in person soon. Is the area with the mini-water tower Cargo Loco's queue line or exit path? Whichever it is, it reminds me of pictures I've seen of KI's safari-themed areas of the past and I love it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

I know I’m picking nits about concrete here, but the ET photos have me convinced they actually did cut out and replace the part at the edge of Mercado. It’s a very clean line, and the new surface is exactly the same shade as what was poured for the AE entrance last week. A slightly deeper shade than the midway right next to it, which has been in place for over a month and had time to weather in compared to the new.

And now back to construction, lol.

I think it was stained/painted.

If it were cut out and replaced with colored concrete, the pigments are added to the concrete mix prior to placement so that the color goes all the way through. 

Here is the new break point between the two and you can clearly see the color is not all the way through the concrete...

image.png

• Like 3

Nope, those were just plain wood walls.

Sol Spin’s foundation makes sense now. There hadn’t been anything visible for the side braces of the ride structure to attach to, only the row of main attachments, but now it seems they drilled and chemically anchored the bolts for those during assembly.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I was told yesterday we should be pleased with the updates. Nothing will be shared by the park before it opens.

Whoever told you that must not read this thread and see people complaining about concrete stain, roof shingles, and the color of the sky not blue enough :P

Tough crowd the internet is and someone won't be pleased...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just did my first ride on "Sol Spin" and I thought it was pretty fun, although spinning rides aren't really my cup of tea.

All joking aside, this should be a good fit for the park once Sol Spin actually does open, from my ride on Kentucky Kingdom's version (Pictured here. Same exact ride model as Sol Spin), I found the over the shoulder restraints to be pretty tight if you have a larger form, but they aren't nearly as restrictive as Drop Tower's restraints. I do have concerns about the capacity being only 24 seats, given Kings Island is a much larger park than Kentucky Kingdom and even at KK it had a pretty long line earlier in the day (In the picture it's pretty empty since this was right before closing). Maybe if KI ran theirs more efficiently it might not be too bad, but we'll have to wait and see.

20230520_182404.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic