Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

8 hours ago, silver2005 said:

KI's past problems with 'giant' flat rides (see Tomb Raider, a Giant Top Spin and Delirium, a Giant Frisbee) may  have deterred them from getting the bigger model as well. 

Definitely possible. Though, with no real basis besides a hunch.. I would wager the demise of the giant top spin was the decision to chop off an entire row, changing the balance of the ride & then trying to push the hardware to be more thrilling.. TR:TR definitely had downtime... but maybe about as much as Delirium? (i was young) I always wondered if we'd have the ride still given the theming, alone, were changed to be very cheap generic scary stuff.. (and) or the ride sequence was similar intensity.

Afterall, people also tout SOB to be a reason to not do a vertical loop on a woodie... but that was like.. the most successful thing about it, despite its removal being a consequence rather than a cause. (again just my hunches)

---

In on-topic news ... Testing happened today May 24th for Cargo Loco :) but with all barrels in this time~

if the Eiffel Tower ridership hasn't gone up for adventure port, then people just don't know what they're missing :p

• Like 6

It's actually not smaller, the 24 and 48 are the same physical size. The only difference is the seat carriers have two single seats instead of two double seats.

Personally I think the one-across will provide a better open-air feeling for riders.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, calakapepe said:

In on-topic news ... Testing happened today May 24th for Cargo Loco :) but with all barrels in this time~

I'm happy to see they are running it at a pretty descent speed. The tea cups at some parks seem to crawl and you are forced to madly spin the cups to get any sort of thrill out of the ride.

• Like 3

I was going to guess that that is when Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is set (i.e., a movie featuring the Indiana Jones theme and a mine cart scene), but apparently it was set in 1935. It's been a while since I watched it. (Raiders of the Lost Ark was set in 1936 and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was set in 1938, if anyone was wondering.)

1937 is the only year between 1935 and 1938 where there isn't an IJ movie set in it, so maybe it was chosen to further emulate that series/era without directly copying IJ any further?

• Like 1

I thought, perhaps 1937 was a play on the loose ties to Indiana Jones that AE has and Adventure Port expands upon.  1937 would fit in that time line, right between Raiders (1936) and The Last Crusade (1938).

What really blew my mind, at least according to this

https://screenrant.com/indiana-jones-movie-timeline/

Is that Temple was set in 1935, so its actually a prequel to Raiders.  Maybe that should have been obvious, but I've never picked up on that before.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, medford said:

I thought, perhaps 1937 was a play on the loose ties to Indiana Jones that AE has and Adventure Port expands upon.  1937 would fit in that time line, right between Raiders (1936) and The Last Crusade (1938).

What really blew my mind, at least according to this

https://screenrant.com/indiana-jones-movie-timeline/

Is that Temple was set in 1935, so its actually a prequel to Raiders.  Maybe that should have been obvious, but I've never picked up on that before.

It’s borderline nonsensical since there’s a direct reference to the Ark in Temple of Doom. But yeah, it’s a prequel! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

It's actually not smaller, the 24 and 48 are the same physical size. The only difference is the seat carriers have two single seats instead of two double seats.

Personally I think the one-across will provide a better open-air feeling for riders.

While not a huge difference per Zamperla's website the 48 seater is 1.5 meters larger in diameter (likely just how double seats would center versus single) and .4 meters more in height during operation (that part I'm not sure what makes up the difference unless the seat connection hardware is slightly taller) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JubJester said:

Going with the 24 capacity was the best idea in my opinion. After this season, I don't think lines will be as packed (besides busy days, but that's the case with almost every ride).

Getting the smaller model just makes sense to me. 

One thing you may not be considering is that a lower capacity means less theoretical ride time. They could run a 48-seat model for 2 minutes rather than a 24-seat model for 90 seconds and still come out ahead on capacity.

Unless the line is empty you will be waiting more than you could have, and and you could very well be riding for less time.

10 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

I wonder if this means they could just bolt on the 2 seat units at some point in the future if the capacity proves to be a problem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AintNutinElse2Do said:

While not a huge difference per Zamperla's website the 48 seater is 1.5 meters larger in diameter (likely just how double seats would center versus single) and .4 meters more in height during operation (that part I'm not sure what makes up the difference unless the seat connection hardware is slightly taller) 

I'm guessing the seat carriers themselves are slightly different as on the 24 they only have a single attachment for each seat, instead of the hardware needed to attach a two-seat pod. Otherwise I'm pretty sure they're the same mechanically.

• Like 1

Spoiler info about the possible #KiRightTrack below if interested.

Spoiler

So if you’re looking at the Adventure Express from the first drop on Banshee there is a false track that was added that goes right from the original layout. It’s at the first left turn before you go down and to the right into the first tunnel. That could be the “right” track they are talking about.

Photo credit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/drpwcu/adventure_express_kings_island/?utm_source=embedv2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_body&embed_host_url=https%3A%2F%2Fkicentral.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Futm_source%3Dembedv2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_body&embed_host_url=https%3A%2F%2Fkicentral.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php

IMG_3248.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

That photo is from 4 years ago

I'm not talking about the photo. Some details of new experiences were said and I know many would like to see the new changes for themselves. It's not against TOS or anything but the forum does have a 'Hidden' option 

• Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic