Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

Noticed two things yesterday. 

1: It looks like an old arrow mine train is being used as theming, it looked like a crash train near the track.

2: it looks like it might have gotten a new or refurbished chain lift. Ik that it got The Vortex chain but yesterday I noticed maintenance Unpacking a new chain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I'll see for myself in a couple of weeks, but it looks like this will be a home run.

I wish they had chosen a different surface for the Mercado (beirgarten)  patio, from the pictures it looks like plain concrete. 

I hope they put themed garbage cans in. 

Everyone, enjoy the park today!

Kings Island have the nicer “Disney” trash cans in Adventure Port. I hope Kings Island puts decals on them with an Adventure Port logo like at Aeronautica Landing or the Boardwalk. Also, I feel like many of the other trash cans in the park have had their decals removed. Most do not even say Kings Island anymore. I would like to see Kings Island put new Kings Island logos on each trash can or area specific logos, but it has been like this for at least a year.

3 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

1: It looks like an old arrow mine train is being used as theming, it looked like a crash train near the track.

2: it looks like it might have gotten a new or refurbished chain lift. Ik that it got The Vortex chain but yesterday I noticed maintenance Unpacking a new chain.

It would be cool if Adventure Express’ lift(s) got programmed like Mystic Timber’s lift to go along with an audio sequence or even a whole show sequence (on the final lift hill.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

Definitely something going on with a new chain. Unpacked and staged by parade tent along with a lot of propping. 

• Like 2

Adventure Port is looking really nice. I especially like the theming in the queue for Cargo Loco and around Adventure Express’ entrance. I do hope that before it opens, the banners from the concept art are put up around Enrique’s. That is the one part of the new area that looks a tad like a “concrete jungle” in my opinion.

• Like 2

Using the ride foundations and queues for contrast, I'm pretty sure the Mercado deck's concrete has some shading in it. It's not blatant, but there's some light blue/steel grey or something in there. Up close, just compare the new cap on the old Skyride foundation to the Mercado surface right next to it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures @IndyGuy4KI; the aerial views make the area look fantastic! Can't wait to see the more of the progress next time I go! :D Also, that queue line that wraps around Sol Spin's plot is for Sol Spin, correct? I thought it was either that or extra queue for Adventure Express. TIA.

• Like 3

There is now 164 construction photos in the AP Construction gallery. I am sure I will be taking more before the area is complete. I think we will have this whole area documented with photos in our galleries pretty well.

https://kicentral.com/photos/adventure-port-construction

Video of construction too. I am not sure why  the video is a little choppy. Sorry about that.

• Like 2

One interesting change that Kings Island made this past week was that they ripped out part of the plain concrete from edge of the Mercado patio bordering the midway and replaced it with the colored concrete of the midway. I really like this change. It makes the midway seem a lot less like a bottleneck compared to before even though it is technically the same size. Before, it seemed a lot tighter than it was. I attached two Kings Island Central pictures for reference. One is from April 14, and the other is from this past weekend.

2526AAE7-7954-4ED7-B912-5498EE404C81.jpeg

FC5769C4-EF55-497C-9265-7ADF2D9E2BE7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Is it safe to assume that the brown roof of Mercado/Enrique’s is here to stay- or rather not to be changed?

It seems like the brown roof will not be changed at this point, but I suppose there is still a chance. Unfortunately, I also think the shade structures on the Mercado patio are not going to happen as the support beams likely would have been built before the concrete was poured or foundations for the support beams would have been poured before the concrete was poured. I guess anything is possible, though, considering they just ripped up some of the newly poured concrete.

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It seems like the brown roof will not be changed at this point, but I suppose there is still a chance.

Using KIC’s and KI’s photos to compare:

IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_3361.jpeg

I’ve stated before that concept art is to be taken lightly as it’s just to show what can be… not necessarily what will be. With that being said, I think that primarily red roofs create a thematic consistency for Adventure Port. If you leave the brown roof there, you’re leaving a part of the old restaurant and not really embracing the brand that you’re trying to sell to your guests. I’m sure people don’t read much into it but it just doesn’t seem complete to me and represents more than just an unpainted roof. Like you said, maybe things will happen.

• Like 2

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic