Adventure Port Construction Updates

IndyGuy4KI

3 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I guess Saturday is the “really open” date? Should we assume if it ain’t done by Saturday it was just a missed opportunity at this point? 

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

What exactly would be a missed opportunity?

I agree Bacon. We got a new well themed area, two new rides, and AE with some much needed attention to boot.  Sure, it would have been nice if everything was done and ready by opening day. Unfortunately it was impossible for almost every park this year.

What park had anything new open on opening day besides CP? KI - nope, Carowinds - nope, WOF - nope, Dollywood - nope, Hersheypark - nope. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I agree Bacon. We got a new well themed area, two new rides, and AE with some much needed attention to boot.  Sure, it would have been nice if everything was done and ready by opening day. Unfortunately it was impossible for almost every park this year.

What park had anything new open on opening day besides CP? KI - nope, Carowinds - nope, WOF - nope, Dollywood - nope, Hersheypark - nope. 

And CP Wild Mouse is constantly down

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I guess Saturday is the “really open” date? Should we assume if it ain’t done by Saturday it was just a missed opportunity at this point? 

That ship sailed a couple weeks ago. They desperately wanted it all open for Memorial Day weekend and they weren’t able to have it all ready. They were fortunate enough to manage to get Cargo Loco and AE opened tho. Even tho I don’t think they spent anytime to adjust Cargo Loco so that it would provide the desired ride experience. 

• Like 1

I kind of hope that Kings Island closes Adventure Express the next couple of days to really work out the kinks with the audio on the ride and in the queue. There is also now audio in Cargo Loco’s queue, but it is very quiet. The speakers in front of Enrique’s still seemed to be off. I unfortunately did not get a chance to see if the speakers were working in Adventure Express’ entry plaza. I hope all the technical glitches get resolved before Adventure Port officially opens.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I kind of hope that Kings Island closes Adventure Express the next couple of days to really work out the kinks with the audio on the ride and in the queue. There is also now audio in Cargo Loco’s queue, but it is very quiet. The speakers in front of Enrique’s still seemed to be off. I unfortunately did not get a chance to see if the speakers were working in Adventure Express’ entry plaza. I hope all the technical glitches get resolved before Adventure Port officially opens.

Yeah that’s another thing that leads me to believe that things were rushed to get it opened . Adjustments won’t be made till the park gets some downtime when the regular season ends. I’m a little less critical now that this is an industry problem and not specifically KI related. I’m sure going forward in the seasons to come Cedar Fair will adjust its strategy to mitigate these delays.

• Like 2

Sounds like the air quality for the weekend will be really poor due to the Canadian wildfire smoke. From what I'm hearing, we will get some of the worst (that we've had) during Friday and Saturday. It sounds like it's going to be quite the experience those days. One of the haziest ride openings in Kings Island history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I never said it should’ve been open opening day. Point is it’s been down this long, what’s another few days to get audio correct, gems in a gem mine. Snakes in a snake mine. Area specific retail in a themed retail location. Area themed restrooms. Etc   Sone of those were never going to happen, and sone things have probably just been budget or time cut- hence missed opportunities. Things like like rarely make it from “idea for phase 2” to actually ever implemented. That’s all. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

Whatever issue was causing downtime early on has apparently been resolved, as it's been running almost nonstop for some time now.

I've been here for last 9 days and it's constantly been broke down and today was the first time we actually got to ride it

• Like 2

WHY???? Plastic plants are are really cheap, tacky add. As we’ve seen with Mystic and International Street, they get the cheapest, non UV protected version that fade before the season is over and never replace them. The water tower really didn’t need plastic bushes shoved in it. Maybe actually buy VINE PLANTS and do it naturally. 

Adventure Express—please stop live spieling over the pre-recorded spiel  it was done for a reason  volume needs to be higher  and STOP the “ how was your ride?”   

Adventure port polos with the logo would’ve been great with the khaki shorts

image.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I love when our park gets something new and people find things to complain about :)

People’s complaints usually do not stem from intense hatred for the park but rather from their passion for the park. I have not seen a single person on this forum or anywhere else comment that, as a whole, they do not like Adventure Port. People are just offering their critiques on the area because they want to see Kings Island be the best it can be. As good as Adventure Port is as a whole, it is not perfect (nothing is), and they want to see the park improve what it can. We have already seen the park fix some of the audio and theming on Adventure Express. Why can the park not fix the rest of the audio and theming on the ride?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

People’s complaints usually do not stem from intense hatred for the park but rather from their passion for the park. I have not seen a single person on this forum or anywhere else comment that, as a whole, they do not like Adventure Port. People are just offering their critiques on the area because they want to see Kings Island be the best it can be. As good as Adventure Port is as a whole, it is not perfect (nothing is), and they want to see the park improve what it can. We have already seen the park fix some of the audio and theming on Adventure Express. Why can the park not fix the rest of the audio and theming on the ride?

Thank you! I’m so f’n tired of people saying anyone with valid, constructive critiques should basically shut up and be happy that’s the park is “giving us something new” like it’s a gift, not a capitol investment. Some of these critiques are “wish list items” true, but many are based on proven track record when it comes to lack of long-term maintenance of their own investments. I’m the first any time I see Mike Koontz in the park, or any other leadership-which is often, to praise their efforts and thank them for their sensitive and obviously passionate leadership, but I’ll also be the first to make observations here as to things I think are realistically achievable to continue to make KI the amazing place it is. So “at the end of the day” my 8 year old will continue to say-unprompted  as we were leaving last night with fireworks going off, “to a lot of people KingsIsland isn’t much more than a than a theme park, but it IS more dad!” darn! That kid gets it! 

• Like 4

On 6/7/2023 at 10:38 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Yes, it’s an industry wide thing at the moment. If everything opened on time with exception to us, I’d understand the criticisms. However, like I said earlier, this seems to be an industry wide issue this year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DispatchMaster said:

I mean, it's obvious even from an occasional glance at the park cams that what you're saying isn't true.

We tried multiple times to ride it, and it either broke down when we was in line or was already broke down when we was in the area. I'm not going to lie about it. So don't call me one

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

We tried multiple times to ride it, and it either broke down when we was in line or was already broke down when we was in the area. I'm not going to lie about it. So don't call me one

And then there could be someone who has gone multiple times this season and been able to ride it every time without issue. I just looked at the webcams and it seems to be running fine. I’ve gone to KI on a couple of occasions where Invertigo was down, but when I would be driving down on Kings Island drive, I would see it full of people operating like normal. Just because things happen when you’re there, doesn’t mean that’s the norm.

• Like 1

Like I said I was there 9 days straight,  we tried at least once a day to ride it and it was either not running,  or quit running while I was in line. I ain't lieng, got no reason too. Sure, tons of people rode it I'm sure in that 9 days, but getting one ride on it in 9 days, I wouldn't call running smooth IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Like I said I was there 9 days straight,  we tried at least once a day to ride it and it was either not running,  or quit running while I was in line. I ain't lieng, got no reason too. Sure, tons of people rode it I'm sure in that 9 days, but getting one ride on it in 9 days, I wouldn't call running smooth IMO

The truth is, I could care less,  I won't be back to CP probably for a few years,  not because I don't love it, but I want to experience other Cedar Fair parks. For the other guy, who says I ain't telling the truth, just to make him feel good, we will just say it doesn't have problems and it's flawless 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Actually I'm in fastlane line now. They are letting about 5 at a time from fastlane. So not to bad of a ratio.

Is it roomy? I'm 6'5 and can ride everything, but Drop Tower... Can you compare to delerium?

On 5/24/2023 at 8:49 PM, KIghostguy said:

Lots of new crates and barrels around Adventure Port today!

9486501C-4958-4462-BA67-8D91FC4FD811_1_105_c.jpeg

093905F4-DCB6-42A2-80C9-6F3C2D7DDFEB_1_105_c.jpeg

12F2133E-C565-4FD1-A224-6BD3CF8BC690_1_105_c.jpeg

B8E01EE4-5BF4-4664-A873-00873BC3FD78_1_105_c.jpeg

1561FC4D-831A-4F2E-87ED-9B6B101B2C7F_1_105_c.jpeg

I see the area getting scaled back after the end of the season, removing a lot of the crates and clutter. Remember all of the empty chemical tanks in Area 72 at first?

2 hours ago, CoryK said:

I see the area getting scaled back after the end of the season, removing a lot of the crates and clutter. Remember all of the empty chemical tanks in Area 72 at first?

I thought those chemical crates were for the Area 72 Launch Party in 2021. I do wish some of them stuck around past 2021 and were used as theming around the area, though.

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic