Hersheypark Announcement

Why not. Various entertainment industries have been doing that for years. Announcements of announcements and even special websites counting down to said announcement. Teasers for teaser trailers, short teaser clips literally right before the actual movie trailer (that one really bugs me), and so on.

I hope they go the Six Flags route and just attach a word before "Wildcat"

Twisted, wicked, steel, iron...

I'm hoping for Wild Wildcat

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Saw the video; looks pretty cool. Interesting choice going for a straight drop rather than Wildcat’s curved drop. A cool detail I noticed on the logo is that there are two claw marks- almost like “Wildcat II”. 

I think that RMC is straying away from curved drops. They've mentioned many times that the best option for lift structures is the steel lifts on rides like Zadra and Iron Gwazi. I have a feeling that almost every conversion will have these from now on. Also, notice the first element after the drop and it will make much more sense. The first inversion is what was the lift and drop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I think that RMC is straying away from curved drops. They've mentioned many times that the best option for lift structures is the steel lifts on rides like Zadra and Iron Gwazi. I have a feeling that almost every conversion will have these from now on. Also, notice the first element after the drop and it will make much more sense. The first inversion is what was the lift and drop.

(Re: in bold) I kinda thought they’d do something different with the drop (as I saw part of a video either this morning or last night showing that the curved drop was removed), but it’s good to get a confirmation. Also, that layout picture is very helpful @DiamondbackFan. Thanks for (re)posting! :D

• 2 months later...

The Hershypark whip was not fun, when I went in 2021, me and my family rode it. It's not forceful at all, one of the saddest whips I rode. On top of that, the ride was VERY loud. They had earplug containers at the operator's booth because it was so loud. If you need earplugs to work a ride all day, there's a serious issue. We came off of that ride very underwhelmed.

• 2 months later...

Obviously, since I'm heading to HP in July, I'm watching this closely.  It looks like it'll be close to whether or not I ride it.  I see on various HP fan vids that it's about ~80% done with the only major element left being the lift, which, is starting to finally go vertical.  I'm hoping its getting its testing done by at the latest, early June if I have any shot at riding it (I go the week after July 4th).  

• Like 1

So vids from the HP faithful from this past weekend have me very optimistic.  Track work should be done within a few days (maybe even tomorrow), they've done transfer track tests, I think the chain is on the lift, and now they basically just have to do clearance test and actual testing.   I trust the HP fanbase a lot based on personal experience with some of them, and most of them are guessing Memorial Day or early June for an opening.  If true, that gives it roughly a month for me for it to get as much of the kinks out of the way as possible before I go in mid-July.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

From what I'm aware, the drone footage in this was taken legally and within the proper guidelines.  Overall, the track is done, they're adding a bit more bracing to some of the later elements, and getting the queue and locker area finished (the ride has 2 stations a la Flight of Fear or Millennium Force).   The red track with the black bracing makes it pop a bit more visually than some other red RMC's IMO.   Also like the use of the old track as a nod to the original GCI.    

• Like 1