New Product - Nano Coaster Plus

BoddaH1994

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Sure wish there was a pre built option. I don't have the patience for the really small ones, much less a 2' model. 

How a out a Home Depot builder add on?

My issue is the removal of the pieces from the metal plates.  The instructions tell you to just use a pair of nail clippers.  Yeah right.  How the heck do you get those in the slots to cut the tabs?  I’ve also tried x-acto knives, wiggling the pieces back and forth, using wire snips etc.  It’s still hard as heck to get the pieces separated.  I get aggravated because by the time I get them off I’ve distorted or bent them in some way.

• Like 3

On 11/4/2022 at 12:50 AM, Shaggy said:

My issue is the removal of the pieces from the metal plates.  The instructions tell you to just use a pair of nail clippers.  Yeah right.  How the heck do you get those in the slots to cut the tabs?  I’ve also tried x-acto knives, wiggling the pieces back and forth, using wire snips etc.  It’s still hard as heck to get the pieces separated.  I get aggravated because by the time I get them off I’ve distorted or bent them in some way.

Use these, when I was in the field this is what I used (and still use in my personal electronic hobbies) to cut the 22AWG wires in a twisted pair cable after terminating it in a phone or server board.  They are appropriately called flush cuts.  https://www.amazon.com/Cutter-Lightweight-Klein-Tools-D275-5/dp/B000GTMZHG/ref=asc_df_B000GTMZHG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312003160272&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7674252148202395304&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016578&hvtargid=pla-383611725565&psc=1

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:37 AM, standbyme said:

Maybe the park could utilize slow periods in the gift shops…and instead of the old “Leaning Time Is Cleaning Time” signs, they could switch it to “Nano Coaster Building Time”! :P

THAT would make me want to work for the park, as a full time model builder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1