New Product: Intamin Dynamic Motion Stage

Intamin has a long history with building motion simulators, and a long history of announcements like this that no one ever purchases.  For instance they built the old Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios, but when it was updated for The Simpsons, Universal instead went with Oceaneering.  Go take a look at Intamin’s website and it’s got I believe 5 completely different styles of screen based motion rides, none have ever been built.

Before anyone asks this appears to be just small enough to fit inside the old TRTR building with enough room for the screen.  I just doubt Cedar Fair wants to buy an attraction like this or one from Intamin.  I do think a screen based attraction would one of the best uses for the building, because it’s just not big enough for anything larger than a flat ride.  But with the majority of park guests being locals not sure how popular a screen based ride would be long term without having new movies produced.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kenban said:

Intamin has a long history with building motion simulators, and a long history of announcements like this that no one ever purchases.  For instance they built the old Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios, but when it was updated for The Simpsons, Universal instead went with Oceaneering.  Go take a look at Intamin’s website and it’s got I believe 5 completely different styles of screen based motion rides, none have ever been built.

Before anyone asks this appears to be just small enough to fit inside the old TRTR building with enough room for the screen.  I just doubt Cedar Fair wants to buy an attraction like this or one from Intamin.  I do think a screen based attraction would one of the best uses for the building, because it’s just not big enough for anything larger than a flat ride.  But with the majority of park guests being locals not sure how popular a screen based ride would be long term without having new movies produced.

Yea that was my thought, if keeping the building this would be a good concept for it. The theming in the video and the layers, like the area below when the platform tilts down gave me a TR:TR vibe. Agree that a screen based attraction would be best for a new ride in the building (top choice would still be to tear down the building and add a large flat like a Screamin' Swing). Thought a flying theatre would be good too.