Racer apparently getting more track work done this offseason

BoddaH1994

6 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Good news! KI really takes care of their wood coasters! I wonder if they're going to do some more work on The Beast. 

Maybe next season unless we see/the park tells us otherwise. My guess is the helix would be fully redone if they did more work on Beast. 

• Like 2

What wonderful news!  Hopefully they will retrack the entire returns, especially the pothole on the Red Racer.  It would be a shame if they did not repaint it.  I haven't seen Racer 75 in person, but the photos show wonderful work on the structure but lots of unpainted wood, and this was after they snazzed it up for their 40th.

• Like 4

Mapped it out a bit.

(sourced from google maps, lightshot for editor) 

Green: Possible work (toss-up [unconfirmed])

Red: Known work (currently only one side thanks to the photo from the park)

image.png

edit: shift red line forward a hill; the hill alongside KMAA is unknown atm

• Like 7

If I'm not mistaken, blue side had one more additional hill retracked over Racer (either it was before the turnaround or the one after, can't exactly recall atm) but wonder if they're going to do that on the red side too. 

Really interested in all this work! So glad to see it. Looking forward to the additional intensity on the return run!

• Like 2

Maybe this explains why some parts of the structure like the turnarounds weren’t painted this past off-season. I hope all parts of the ride that were left unpainted or will be unpainted get repainted after the re-tracking. I hope it’s Gravity Group too! They have done great work on The Racer and The Beast recently!

• Like 5

Baynum is in fact on the contractor list, and I wouldn't be surprised if trackwork is planned sufficiently in advance that not completing the structure was intentional, and also painting newly installed track were both in their original contract.

I don't think the return run needs the Gravity Group treatment, this might be GCI's inclusion in the list to retrack with standard track like they had previously done for both turnarounds.

Beast might still get additional work that hasn't been announced yet, though, as GravityKraft is on the list as well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Baynum is in fact on the contractor list, and I wouldn't be surprised if trackwork is planned sufficiently in advance that not completing the structure was intentional, and also painting newly installed track were both in their original contract.

I don't think the return run needs the Gravity Group treatment, this might be GCI's inclusion in the list to retrack with standard track like they had previously done for both turnarounds.

Beast might still get additional work that hasn't been announced yet, though, as GravityKraft is on the list as well.

We might see Beast be painted this off-season. Hoping to see that red tinted wood come back 

• Like 5

Weren’t the unpainted turn arounds rebuilt in recent years?    It seems the lack of paint there was budget motivated IMO as it is not a highly visible area.  

I agree about painting the new track.   If they don’t, this years paint job was wasted dollars. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, super7 said:

Weren’t the unpainted turn arounds rebuilt in recent years?    It seems the lack of paint there was budget motivated IMO as it is not a highly visible area.  

I agree about painting the new track.   If they don’t, this years paint job was wasted dollars. 

The turnarounds have been re-tracked recently, but I still hope they get repainted if the new sections also get repainted. It doesn’t make perfect sense that Kings Island would repaint the turnarounds after initially neglecting them, but I am hopeful anyways.

• Like 3