Kings Island Web Cams New Views

robintodd

43 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Seems as though the first two live cams have been changed.  Good news is a better wider view.  Bad news....They are upside down :) 

Hope they fix it because the new views are fantastic!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/live-video

One says Kings Island Banshee yet it shows Planet Snoopy lol.

Otherwise they look good!

• Like 2

Was watching these for a while after they had gone down for a few hours yesterday before they came back online at night. 

Banshee linked cam is showing Planet Snoopy/Rivertown. 
Diamondback cam is showing more of Coney Mall. 

Forgot that Ohio is actually upside down! Silly Ohio...

These cams also seem to be running either new software or are new cams because they seem visually better in some sense. 

Here's a comparison of the cams. 

Old Diamondback :

file.jpg

New Diamondback: (image was flipped 180 degrees)

image.png

Old Coney Mall:

unknown.png

New Coney Mall: shift the coney mall camera to the left about 30 degrees... 

image.png 

Fun little comparisons! Old photos were from a few days ago I had luckily saved for some reason. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, robintodd said:

The new cameras are definitely pushing more information, you can tell by the studder in the live views.  Looking forward to seeing them during Winterfest!

I have some photos from night too,

image.jpeg'

image.jpeg

The park already looks so good too! So excited to see it with all the lights up!

(these were from last night when the cams had just come back online)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DoomPlague said:

I have mainly used the cams to look at the Diamondback queue and estimate what crowds are like. Now I can see the lines for other rides too, so that's a plus

It's really cool! I like watching the rides run when they do run. It's a fun way to pass time in the summer. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Very cool. Hopefully soon they turn the cameras around, so they’re not upside down.  Nice to see they’re clean too. 

Modern cameras typically let you flip/rotate the image in their settings. I imagine the camera host lets you do that too. Though cameras often have a little sun visor and you typically want that facing the right way...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DoomPlague said:

I have mainly used the cams to look at the Diamondback queue and estimate what crowds are like. Now I can see the lines for other rides too, so that's a plus

Anyone else notice Diamondback’s lift hill lights are not on? It’s weird because Orion and Mystic’s lights are on. Could they be re painting or doing lift motor work?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orion742 said:

Anyone else notice Diamondback’s lift hill lights are not on? It’s weird because Orion and Mystic’s lights are on. Could they be re painting or doing lift motor work?

It's very random when the lift lights are on / off. Sometimes mystics are on and db off, db on mystic off, ect. 

• Like 2