2023 KIC Off Season Poll Series Week V: What Major Capital Investment Do You Want To See in the Future at KI?

BB1

Every year I like to sit back with a few of my fellow KI enthusiasts and discuss the future of the park, while discussing the current standing of the park. We are getting a major overhaul of a part of the park that has been in limbo for years being strained between two different themes; however that doesn't mean we can't look to see what else the park could do in the future as the park is growing in various facets. This week's poll is to discuss just that, what you would like to see as the next major capital investment into the park. Note that this topic is strictly to major additions, think along the lines of a resort, coaster, area refresh, or water park addition/overhaul.

Personally I think that the park could seriously use a new water coaster or a full out purchase of the Great Wolf Lodge next door. The waterpark has been due for some TLC with a new slide for a long time, while I do believe that we need a new refreshed kids area, I believe giving the park a new water coaster could seriously enhance the pull away from guests who want to maybe see what Holiday World has to offer, and deliver a more holistic approach to what the waterpark has been lacking for a long time. Another major feat I would like to see is maybe buying outright the Great Wolf Lodge property. The waterpark and hotel keeps a steady stream of guests throughout the year, while also giving the park an opportunity to give a true resort feel to the current business model they have. We have seen hotels popping up at other parks recently, and I believe it would be the perfect way to expand the Kings Island brand once again for years to come.