Eiffel Tower cams upside down!

skyride72

21 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

They replaced the cameras and fixing it is low priority until they get to it LOL.

With Winterfest happening, pretty much everyone is super busy working on keeping that going. I wouldn't be surprised if it took until well into the offseason if the cameras get fixed.

19 hours ago, Snowball said:

With Winterfest happening, pretty much everyone is super busy working on keeping that going. I wouldn't be surprised if it took until well into the offseason if the cameras get fixed.

Being a programmer I can say that it would be relatively simple to rotate the video tag(s) using css.  It's a transform function.  5 minutes tops.  But I can understand they are busy.  The problem is one of public perception.  "If they can't get a video image correctly orriented can I trust them with my cc info?"  I understand it's apples and oranges but there are plenty of the GP that taste and orange with an apple in their hand, you just have to repeat the lie enough times for them to believe it.  (sorry, for the tangent, but I think some of you will get my meaning :) )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Glad they fixed it!

Can’t wait to watch the Diamondback re paint on the webcams! I am very interested to see the color change that has been talked about!

Don't worry, they will mysteriously go down again lol...and I don't know if I would call it a color change...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

It also has an ' that isn't there LOL...  Last I checked we are Kings Island, not King's Island...

That tends to make me think this was done at the corporate level and simply called it Camp Snoopy since that is what other parks are...

My assumption is the park wants to keep the camera online but also try and not expose a lot of the work being done on Diamondback. This is just a guess, not official. 

They have (and will) hide stuff as they deem necessary. In this case, Diamondback cam is now the Camp Snoopy cam until further notice. Someone internally had to rename it too so it’s certainly on purpose. 

Still kinda funny that the Banshee designated cam is the new [DB]/Camp Snoopy cam and the Diamondback cam is the Coney Mall cam now. 

Whether they move the Diamondback camera back is unknown, hopefully they do, as it’s a lot more fun to watch than camp snoopy. Though, you can see the parking lot a bit more here! 

• Like 3

And that parking lot view is precisely why that view will be LONG gone by the 14th of April, just like CP makes sure the Power Tower cam NEVER shows anything but the premium parking lot, so you wont know until you are already on the causeway and at that point are a captive audience.  I have never gotten the whole Cloak and Dagger shtick of this industry, if I had been the park Id have had a 4K best of the best camera installed on the top of The Beast's second lift all last winter as a for instance.  I would WANT it all seen, and the whole "They don't want anyone to possibly see a construction accident if there ever was one" or "The mystery drives ticket/pass sales" garbage.  Those are both 100% BS, show the projects, they are a lot of fun to watch!  I feel it keeps the stupidity from the YTers and the 'Gram ers to a minimum since they don't have anything to report for clicks if its already reported in a forthcoming manner from the park.  Sorry for the rant, but if there ever was something that deserved a spot on "C'mon Man" its that entire thing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

And that parking lot view is precisely why that view will be LONG gone by the 14th of April, just like CP makes sure the Power Tower cam NEVER shows anything but the premium parking lot, so you wont know until you are already on the causeway and at that point are a captive audience.  I have never gotten the whole Cloak and Dagger shtick of this industry, if I had been the park Id have had a 4K best of the best camera installed on the top of The Beast's second lift all last winter as a for instance.  I would WANT it all seen, and the whole "They don't want anyone to possibly see a construction accident if there ever was one" or "The mystery drives ticket/pass sales" garbage.  Those are both 100% BS, show the projects, they are a lot of fun to watch!  I feel it keeps the stupidity from the YTers and the 'Gram ers to a minimum since they don't have anything to report for clicks if its already reported in a forthcoming manner from the park.  Sorry for the rant, but if there ever was something that deserved a spot on "C'mon Man" its that entire thing.

I wrote up a rant myself but I deleted it in favor of just agreeing with you. 

It feels silly almost, but that's just how their corporate works. I love the park don't get me wrong, I go way too often, but nothing is perfect. 

Either way, glad they at least flipped the cams around.

• Like 2