Kings Island’s Newest Merchandise

standbyme

All of the models in the 50th anniversary shop as of tonight. Definitely buying The Vortex model when I get paid next. (Stood around for a good while trying to figure out the exact price and availability but the staff member was SUPER helpful at the desk tonight!!) They still have several copies of Goodbye Coney in stock, got a few for some Christmas gifts and they’re in good condition! 

511B130B-99AA-476C-8FB5-50A75DDBE0EF.jpeg

F9AF39E5-23B9-41A7-94C5-DA7178BC971E.jpeg

844B1903-39F0-454E-A723-B1ECBCE9FBFA.jpeg

• Like 4

Surprise!  I told you they were saving something good.   I am so proud to have served as lead contributor.  It’s been a long process to get this to reality (5years) but now that it’s out, I couldn’t be more excited.  

Enjoy folks!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Surprise!  I told you they were saving something good.   I am so proud to have served as lead contributor. 

So where’s your signature?!  :P (Maybe you can still run over to the park & sign them before they go out!)

I am looking forward to seeing so much park history all in one place instead of spread out over years of maps, Fun Gudes, press releases etc…and I know that you are swimming in rare stuff, so this should be amazing! I never would have expected a physical book at this point in time, so this is really cool. 

Thanks in advance for your hard work! :)

• Like 1

I was given the chance to proofread the manuscript and page through a physical copy at the IAAPA show last month. It's a beautiful book that's a must-have! As with anything written/published by Barry Hill, it's very high quality. It makes for a fabulous accompaniment to Kings Island: A Ride Through Time. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Just ordered my copy!  Can`t wait to see it.  I am sure it will be well worth the money!  

Me too! Mine comes Thursday. Of course it comes out the one weekend I’m gone! I’ve been excited for this ever since Mr Koontz mentioned it off hand at the 50th birthday celebration. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’ve been excited for this ever since Mr Koontz mentioned it off hand at the 50th birthday celebration. 

There’s a funny story behind that.  It was Mr Wachs that mentioned it in his speech at the 50th and it caught Mr Koontz off guard.  He asked Mr Koontz when it would be available- and he answered “two weeks”…. The book was completed by then, of course, but had yet to be ordered/printed.  

5 hours ago, Shaggy said:

There’s a funny story behind that.  It was Mr Wachs that mentioned it in his speech at the 50th and it caught Mr Koontz off guard.  He asked Mr Koontz when it would be available- and he answered “two weeks”…. The book was completed by then, of course, but had yet to be ordered/printed.  

Do you know if there is a limited selection or will this book be on the store for a few months?

Just now, Orion742 said:

Do you know if there is a limited selection or will this book be on the store for a few months?

The Wachs/Koontz signed copies were a limited run of 50, I believe.

As far as the unsigned copies, they will be available for a while (until they sell all the copies.) 

:-)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KIEagle33 said:

I think I'll save my money for a tack slice of The Bat. Hopefully that doesn't go on sale for a while!

Was this announced recently? That's the first time I've ever heard about that. 

Was this announced recently? That's the first time I've ever heard about that. 
The Bat will be operational for awhile but I don't know when it will be retired hopefully not anytime soon. The trains are being repainted for the 2023 season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

The Bat will be operational for awhile but I don't know when it will be retired hopefully not anytime soon. The trains are being repainted for the 2023 season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking, I didn't know if the park was selling scrap or where that comment came from. :D

On 12/12/2022 at 6:20 PM, KIEagle33 said:

I think I'll save my money for a tack slice of The Bat. Hopefully that doesn't go on sale for a while!

I hope it never goes on sale - meaning of course they never take it out! The Vortex Track was pretty cool but I was poor and couldn't justify buying it...I probably would for The Bat just because I have a real love for that coaster model. If I was a coaster activist for the preservation of one particular model it would be the Arrow Suspended Coaster. They are so unique and deliver an experience not found elsewhere. Idk if there's a way to save them in the long run but it will be very sad if one day they just aren't around anymore. I don't know why S&S hasn't brought the model back. Seeing as there's only 5 (if counting Vampire in UK which doesn't have Arrow Trains) still in operation, you would think some other parks would be interested in them and it would possibly make replacement parts more affordable and available for the existing ones.... I can see the headlines - Revenge of the Big Bad Wolf new for 2024 at Busch Gardens! 

• Like 2