New attractions at Kings Island in the next 5 Years

johnjniehaus

What Would You Like to See in the next 5 Years?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is a list of a few ideas I've seen discussed over numerous forums this year and I'm just curious as to what the most popular ideas are and as to what time frame people would like to see them happen. Below I will explain each idea so you know what you are voting for. Please feel free to leave some comments about your responses as well! 

#1. Return of the Phantom Theater - This idea proposes that Boo Blasters On Boo Hill be closed for good and restored to the Phantom Theater closely following the design of the original. The new phantom Theater would focus on storytelling and on life like animatronics rather than arcade technology. The original phantom Theater never needed to be an arcade, it was simply a story ride. Vote #1 to Bring back a classic! 

#2. Vortex Replacement - This idea proposes that Vortex be replaced with a new groundbreaking coaster preferably with a 48" hight requirement. This option just solidifies how important it is that Vortex is replaced and doesn't suggest a particular type of coaster. I'll let you make suggestions in the comments. Vote for #2 to get a groundbreaking replacement for Vortex! 

#3. Unseal the Crypt - Ok I couldn't resist that title...it's been over 10 years since anyone has entered the forbidden burial chamber known as The Crypt. This idea proposes a new dark ride that pulls from the nostalgia of Tomb Raider and takes guests on a brand new terrifying adventure. I think a Top Spin is a classic way to go but you could do a Vekoma Mad House themed to an ancient curse for a more family style attraction. Vote for #3 to unseal The Crypt and open the door to a new adventure! 

#4. Camp Snoopy and Soak City Upgrades - Planet Snoopy has been voted as one of the best kids areas and this would be an improvement on the area with new overlay, signage, and a repaint of the classic Woodstock Express rollercoaster. Soak City would also see a new attraction this year as well as upgrades and repainting. Possibly a new theme as well! Vote for #4 if you want to see a upgrades to the Planet Snoopy and Soak City! 

#5. The Dark Forest - Action Zone has wanted for a facelift and retheme for years and with the addition of Adventure Port, it only makes sense to incorporate Viking Fury and the Festhaus into a new German themed area that has taken over Action Zone. First, there is a full refurbishment to The Bat rollercoaster including any re-tracking that needs to be done in order to extend this coasters lifespan by many years. The que is reworked and given some really good thematic elements (I'm thinking like Verboten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg). Second, the Chicken Shack is turned into a new German themed restaurant with new exterior to match the area. Thirdly, the remaining rides (Invertigo, Congo Falls, Drop Tower, EXtreme Skyflyer, Delirium) are either rethemed and incorporated into the Dark Forest or removed to make way for a future coaster and/or flat rides. (Share your opinions in the comments!) Vote for #5 if you want to see the concrete jungle become a mystical German forest with Banshee and a revitalized Bat as the anchor attractions with room for future expansion! 

Would love to have a return of Phantom Theatre so voted that as best.

Don't think any of these proposals are bad but voted Camp Snoopy as the worst just because it's the one I would care about the least as I don't spend much time in that area compared ot the rest of the park. I would like to see it converted to Camp Snoopy overall though with more trees and theming added.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:14 AM, purdude86 said:

Would love to have a return of Phantom Theatre so voted that as best.

Don't think any of these proposals are bad but voted Camp Snoopy as the worst just because it's the one I would care about the least as I don't spend much time in that area compared ot the rest of the park. I would like to see it converted to Camp Snoopy overall though with more trees and theming added.

The kids area brings in a lot of money to the park. They don't want it to get stale.