Which Winterfest has been your favorite since 2017?

SonofBaconator

Winterfest  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

I still love the 2017 winterfest because it was all brand new and something I'd never seen at the park. (And their sweatshirt quality is impeccable! I've worn that shirt for 5 years and it still looks very new) however, I have enjoyed Tinker Toy Factory in the Festhaus immensely (saw it 3x in one night and many times thereafter) so that's a pro for 2022....

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 10:22 PM, johnjniehaus said:

I still love the 2017 winterfest because it was all brand new and something I'd never seen at the park. (And their sweatshirt quality is impeccable! I've worn that shirt for 5 years and it still looks very new) however, I have enjoyed Tinker Toy Factory in the Festhaus immensely (saw it 3x in one night and many times thereafter) so that's a pro for 2022....

It wasn’t in FestHaus in 2022. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 9:35 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

This year simply because Tinker’s is where it belongs, in the KIT. 

But does it, really? I still say that’s a waste of a theatre with a full fly rail to have a unit set that doesn’t use the fly other than to hold up some windows. Tinkers didn’t work in festhaus - as I don’t feel any show with a “plot” does since it’s such a loud, high turnover location.  I even felt The 70s show and Swinging into Christmas were both about 10 minutes too long for the space -would rather see a shorter 15-20 show with different playlists more frequently so the stage was almost in constant use. But I think that KI theater needs to be used for a much more produced, longer (40-45 min) show, then move Tinkers to a renovated International Showplace (the existing iron work even looks like the original set) and bring back a modified Charlie Brown Christmas Spectacular in the peanuts theatre and find a new home for Sounds of the Nativity-which is also a bit of a waste of a performance space with lots of covered seating and better production capabilities than needed for a 4 person vocal combo with a petting zoo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brenthodge said:

But does it, really? I still say that’s a waste of a theatre with a full fly rail to have a unit set that doesn’t use the fly other than to hold up some windows. Tinkers didn’t work in festhaus - as I don’t feel any show with a “plot” does since it’s such a loud, high turnover location.  I even felt The 70s show and Swinging into Christmas were both about 10 minutes too long for the space -would rather see a shorter 15-20 show with different playlists more frequently so the stage was almost in constant use. But I think that KI theater needs to be used for a much more produced, longer (40-45 min) show, then move Tinkers to a renovated International Showplace (the existing iron work even looks like the original set) and bring back a modified Charlie Brown Christmas Spectacular in the peanuts theatre and find a new home for Sounds of the Nativity-which is also a bit of a waste of a performance space with lots of covered seating and better production capabilities than needed for a 4 person vocal combo with a petting zoo. 

I think it’s appropriate there, at least as it stands now. I do admit that I kind of wish they would do more  things with the theater’s capabilities, such utilizing the aforementioned fly rails. I’m not sure why they didn’t, but it may just be a creative decision that you and I disagree with.

As it stands now, Tinker’s is the standout show for the event.  Could they do something bigger and better in there? Sure. But that’s not the situation they’re in right now. I think the much bigger atrocity was having the Charlie Brows Christmas thing in there. The live parts were fine, but half the show was people in costumes with an overdub track. I think that was a far bigger waste. 

If they were going to use your idea of somehow enclosing the Showplace and putting Tinkers in there while putting a large signature show in the KT, I’d be for that. I don’t know if I’d want it to be longer, though. I saw Smoky Mountain Christmas (Dollywood) this past year. It was about 50 minutes. My girlfriend and I both agreed that although the show was good and clearly high budget, they probably should have just cut out the slow parts and made the show 30 minutes. You could tell that about a minute into the solo songs, they stayed to lose people and you can see them grabbing their phones. I have a feeling that any show would fall into that trip. Even the best Disney shows have stretched that feel really long, and it’s pretty obvious that they are just trying to fill an hour. 

3 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think it’s appropriate there, at least as it stands now. I do admit that I kind of wish they would do more  things with the theater’s capabilities, such utilizing the aforementioned fly rails. I’m not sure why they didn’t, but it may just be a creative decision that you and I disagree with.

As it stands now, Tinker’s is the standout show for the event.  Could they do something bigger and better in there? Sure. But that’s not the situation they’re in right now. I think the much bigger atrocity was having the Charlie Brows Christmas thing in there. The live parts were fine, but half the show was people in costumes with an overdub track. I think that was a far bigger waste. 

If they were going to use your idea of somehow enclosing the Showplace and putting Tinkers in there while putting a large signature show in the KT, I’d be for that. I don’t know if I’d want it to be longer, though. I saw Smoky Mountain Christmas (Dollywood) this past year. It was about 50 minutes. My girlfriend and I both agreed that although the show was good and clearly high budget, they probably should have just cut out the slow parts and made the show 30 minutes. You could tell that about a minute into the solo songs, they stayed to lose people and you can see them grabbing their phones. I have a feeling that any show would fall into that trip. Even the best Disney shows have stretched that feel really long, and it’s pretty obvious that they are just trying to fill an hour. 

I agree that all the Dollywood Christmas shows are a tad too long (“it’s a wonderful life” clocked in easily a full hour a few years ago) I guess I was meaning “a proper feeling show” that if it was interesting and full of production numbers with several set changes, you wouldn’t mind if it clocked in a bit longer than the magic 25 min mark. 

Well, I voted the 2022 Cedar Fair Winterfest at Kings Island because I like everything the best including seeing the Winterfest Wonderland Parade for the first time.....Definitely enjoyable....Second of all, after I was there for the last day of Winterfest plus my birthday two weeks ago......got my birthday buttons (1 on my lanyard & 1 in front gate), rode the Antique Autos and to top it all off with getting my first ever Cedar Fair Winterfest mug with free hot chocolate for my birthday through Guest Services......  I can tell you that is why 2022-2023 Cedar Fair Winterfest at Kings Island is definitely my #1 favorite for the holiday season.

11 hours ago, brenthodge said:

It wasn’t in FestHaus in 2022. 

Yes I meant the KI Theater...for some reason whenever I type Tinkers Toy Factory the Festhaus automatically feels natural to type next. (I've already had to correct another forum so thanks for catching me again) My favorite winterfest is probably 2017 or 2018 but Tinker's Toy Factory being in THE Kings Island THEATER (did I finally get it right? :p) was a highlight of the 2022 Winterfest.