Ride Removals

BillyGilmore

First of all, I don`t think Vortex is going anywhere anytime soon as they just repainted it for the 2002 season.. Secondly, I don`t forsee Congo going anywhere either as it is such a high capacity ride with 20 guests per boat. I have never seen that ride with its entire queue full, even on the most busy days. Thridly, I don`t think any of the WaterWorks attractions are going anyhere. The park is adding Boomerang Bay and has/is refurbishing some of the older slides. So I highly doubt they plan to remove a water attraction in the near future. if they were going to remove a ride, they probably would have done so in this off season. This is because the water park is in disarray from the construction, so getting construction equipment in to remove the attraction and the need landscaping would not be a problem. in the grand scheme of things, all sections of the park will probably loose an attraction at some point, whether next year or in twenty.

First of all, I don`t think Vortex is going anywhere anytime soon as they just repainted it for the 2002 season.. Secondly, I don`t forsee Congo going anywhere either as it is such a high capacity ride with 20 guests per boat. I have never seen that ride with its entire queue full, even on the most busy days. Thridly, I don`t think any of the WaterWorks attractions are going anyhere. The park is adding Boomerang Bay and has/is refurbishing some of the older slides. So I highly doubt they plan to remove a water attraction in the near future. if they were going to remove a ride, they probably would have done so in this off season. This is because the water park is in disarray from the construction, so getting construction equipment in to remove the attraction and the need landscaping would not be a problem. in the grand scheme of things, all sections of the park will probably loose an attraction at some point, whether next year or in twenty.

If you read my post you would know that I said "In the BROAD SCHEME" meaning, not anytime soon lol. :ph34r:

Was there any warning before the KC was removed? I mean, did rumors circulate about its demise beforehand? I held a season pass that year, but wasn't too much into the park at the time, and just one day they were removing it... I know they announced the last day of PT, did they do the same with KC?

I believe The King Kobra was advertised on online auction sites well before it was removed, so a few people had an idea it was on it's way out.

BTW: I've started an online gallery of photos from Kings Island from days gone past. I'm looking for photos from missing rides, and nostalgia from the park. If you have some photos you would like to add, please contact me. You can view what I've put up so far at

http://www.doomedthemovie.com/gallery/KI_History

There are a couple shots of The Bat which I find to be the hardest shots to find, if ANYBODY has those, let me know, as well as old rides, shots of the park, especially from the 70's.

- Robert E. Waring