Soak City expansion concept

We all know it's long overdue for Soak City to receive some love with the last addition being Tropical Plunge in 2016. I decided to dream up an expansion idea that would be Soak City's largest expansion in years. I based it off of recent CF trends with waterpark additions as well as something new and unique for the area. Here's are what the numbers mean:

1) Twisted Pipeline: a White Water West slidewheel. The second in America. The only other one being Medusa's Slidewheel at Mt Olympus. The ride I used for the overlay is one at Chimelong Waterpark in China. Let me say it fits really well and would be very unique for the park

2) Little Miami cliffs: a cliff jumping experience similar to Mountain Bay cliffs at Canada's Wonderland. Guests would have 3 different levels to jump from

3) Miami River Lookout Landing: a large multi story play structure more than twice the size as the other one (splash landing) would feature more thrilling slides, 2 large buckets, multiple dumping/splashing equiptment that would make for a very fun experience for people all ages.

4) Little Miami waves: a kids wave pool with smaller waves for those who aren't quite ready for the large waves of Tidal Wave Bay. 

Both the play structure and mini wave pool would replace the current smaller wave pool like KD did for Coconut Shores

5) Beach Street: a food truck inspired dining location with multiple food offerings like walking tacos, pizza, seafood, etc as well as a stage with live music on select days in the summer just like KD. Would replace the current pirate ship play structure. However, the additions of the mini wave pool and bigger play structure would make up the loss of that.

Remember, this is just a concept. Nothing has been confirmed by the park, but this was fun to make and it took a while which is why I'm releasing this at almost 2 in the morning lol. 

Here's the picture. Enjoy and let me know your thoughts!

KI Soak City expansion concept.png

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

We all know it's long overdue for Soak City to receive some love with the last addition being Tropical Plunge in 2016. I decided to dream up an expansion idea that would be Soak City's largest expansion in years. I based it off of recent CF trends with waterpark additions as well as something new and unique for the area. Here's are what the numbers mean:

1) Twisted Pipeline: a White Water West slidewheel. The second in America. The only other one being Medusa's Slidewheel at Mt Olympus. The ride I used for the overlay is one at Chimelong Waterpark in China. Let me say it fits really well and would be very unique for the park

2) Little Miami cliffs: a cliff jumping experience similar to Mountain Bay cliffs at Canada's Wonderland. Guests would have 3 different levels to jump from

3) Miami River Lookout Landing: a large multi story play structure more than twice the size as the other one (splash landing) would feature more thrilling slides, 2 large buckets, multiple dumping/splashing equiptment that would make for a very fun experience for people all ages.

4) Little Miami waves: a kids wave pool with smaller waves for those who aren't quite ready for the large waves of Tidal Wave Bay. 

Both the play structure and mini wave pool would replace the current smaller wave pool like KD did for Coconut Shores

5) Beach Street: a food truck inspired dining location with multiple food offerings like walking tacos, pizza, seafood, etc as well as a stage with live music on select days in the summer just like KD. Would replace the current pirate ship play structure. However, the additions of the mini wave pool and bigger play structure would make up the loss of that.

Remember, this is just a concept. Nothing has been confirmed by the park, but this was fun to make and it took a while which is why I'm releasing this at almost 2 in the morning lol. 

That's a cool idea. But I think Kings Island could go bigger with their water fortress and get something like this. https://www.whitewaterwest.com/en/products/play/multi-level-play-structures/fusionfortress/

Also They can go for a new theme instead of Soak City, like a unique Steam Punk Waterpark and rename it back to Water Works.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

That's a cool idea. But I think Kings Island could go bigger with their water fortress and get something like this. https://www.whitewaterwest.com/en/products/play/multi-level-play-structures/fusionfortress/

I used KD's just so we could get an idea, but I agree I think the play structure would be larger like that mainly so the current structure splash landing can be mainly reserved for little kids and the new bigger structure would be for everyone. I also put the mini wave pool in like KD so we can still sorta have a "second wave pool" but for kids. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I used KD's just so we could get an idea, but I agree I think the play structure would be larger like that mainly so the current structure splash landing can be mainly reserved for little kids and the new bigger structure would be for everyone. I also put the mini wave pool in like KD so we can still sorta have a "second wave pool" but for kids. 

That's what the fusion fortress dose. (Beside, it will be cool if given a Steam Punk look.)

Interesting concept, but I don't like the fact that Breaker's Bay would have to be removed for two of the additions. Instead, the kiddie wave pool could go where the slide wheel pic is, the slide wheel could go behind the surfing attraction (I don't remember its current name; I know it as "Wipeout Beach" :D), and the play structure could be put near Tropical Plunge and volleyball courts.

• Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 1:49 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

1. There are many commandments on waterpark attractions, taking out Barrier is one of them. The park desperately needs pools like this for capacity, as someone who worked virtually every slide/attraction before Trop Plunge, it's a serious people eater and keeps lines down. 

2. A cliff jumping attraction could become a serious staffing issue. Having a lifeguard (I'll refer to them as LG's from here on out), on two points, with three other points could become a major staffing issue as already staffing is hard to maintain in that park. IE Trop Twist and Pineapple being closed for several weeks due to not having enough staffing. 

3. I think the need for a new kids play area is there, most definitely after the past few years with the advent of the mini slides, I think something like that could be a better fit for the waterpark, perhaps caddy cornered near Pipeline? Or perhaps behind the pirate ship?

Everything else looks like a decent concept, I would realistically say we're looking at a back half of the park renovation as Zoom Flume is aging pretty rapidly even with all of the major renovations we had over the past 5-7 years. Something like a water coaster or a new family raft attraction is 100% on the table; however I don't think adding a slide like a Carousel is something CF wants to tackle yet. Also something that I think you forgot to add is trees/shade, we need a lot more trees in the concrete jungle that SC created. 

• Like 3

I'd really like to see a water coaster added. When I visit Holiday World each year, a ride on Wildebeest and Mammoth are must rides. Plus, my time in Texas at Schlitterbahn showed me how much fun a good tube ride is too. Love that park in New Braunfels!

• Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 1:16 PM, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Also They can go for a new theme instead of Soak City, like a unique Steam Punk Waterpark and rename it back to Water Works.

Agree on new (old) theme. I’d go one step further and call it Miami River Water Works using an old “ghost sign” with WaterWorks overlaid in new font. Play with the idea this is the old “water works” along the river that brought water to the KingsMills area. Keep bold, bright colors, but maybe have all the supports more industrial iron look. Love the more “steam punk” idea and get away from the tired, ineffective “beach” idea. It isn’t fooling anyone. Dollywood Splash country works because it leans into the natural landscape and feels more organic to the area. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Agree on new (old) theme. I’d go one step further and call it Miami River Water Works using an old “ghost sign” with WaterWorks overlaid in new font. Play with the idea this is the old “water works” along the river that brought water to the KingsMills area. Keep bold, bright colors, but maybe have all the supports more industrial iron look. Love the more “steam punk” idea and get away from the tired, ineffective “beach” idea. It isn’t fooling anyone. Dollywood Splash country works because it leans into the natural landscape and feels more organic to the area. 

Yes, Having a Steam punk theme will make it a unique water park. The Fusion Fortress, Water wheel, and a new kiddy splash zone and re theme of existing water slides, will make it a Top tier water park in the Midwest. Probably the world.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 12:33 PM, jbeast said:

I'd really like to see a water coaster added. When I visit Holiday World each year, a ride on Wildebeest and Mammoth are must rides. Plus, my time in Texas at Schlitterbahn showed me how much fun a good tube ride is too. Love that park in New Braunfels!

I'll 2nd that. I've been on the water coaster at Great Wolf plus also the one at Dollywood Splash Country and I found them to be a lot of fun. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is certainly interesting that Kings Island has been focusing on mini-lands recently. Area 72 is a mini-land inside of Coney Mall, Adventure Port is a mini-land inside of Oktoberfest (or vice versa), and Camp Snoopy will be a mini-land inside of Planet Snoopy. In 2025 or whenever the Soak City expansion is, I think there is a good chance that a mini-land will be added to the water park. This mini-land would probably encompass the back portion of the water park. Maybe Mondo Monsoon, Breakers Bay, and whatever replaces Pipeline Paradise. It could also include Splash River and Zoom Flume, as I know there was a construction marker near there. The Tropical Plunge and Tidal Wave Bay portion of the water park already feels like its own mini-area, so maybe they could build on that?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 7:23 AM, Invertigo99 said:

It is certainly interesting that Kings Island has been focusing on mini-lands recently. Area 72 is a mini-land inside of Coney Mall, Adventure Port is a mini-land inside of Oktoberfest (or vice versa), and Camp Snoopy will be a mini-land inside of Planet Snoopy. In 2025 or whenever the Soak City expansion is, I think there is a good chance that a mini-land will be added to the water park. This mini-land would probably encompass the back portion of the water park. Maybe Mondo Monsoon, Breakers Bay, and whatever replaces Pipeline Paradise. It could also include Splash River and Zoom Flume, as I know there was a construction marker near there. The Tropical Plunge and Tidal Wave Bay portion of the water park already feels like its own mini-area, so maybe they could build on that?

KD did something similar in 2021 (was supposed to open in 2020) with their Soak City expansion where it was a new section called Coconut Shores that featured a fusion fortress, a kids wave pool, and the beach street food truck area. Maybe KI could do something similar? I personally would love to see us get a larger water playground like one of those fusion fortress complexes that have some thrilling slides along with kids slides along with more than one bucket. Unfortunately I feel like we would lose Breakers Bay for it as I believe KD's replaced their smaller wave pool. I think the beach street would go where Pipeline was extending onto the midway near Mondo Monsoon. 

• Like 1

I would really love to see a water coaster be added to SC. I feel that would be one heck of an addition. It could even be a family-styled one like Mammoth at Holiday World where it would have a higher capacity and a wider appeal. I doubt this will happen anytime soon since SC hasn't really gotten anything significant attractions wise in awhile, but one can dream. It does give one hope though with the fact that they did some updating to one of the restaurants, I'd like to think that they are slowing sprucing it up for something great.

• Like 1