Camp Cedar No Longer Listed On KI’s Website

SonofBaconator

10 hours ago, italianchef said:

I just noticed that neither Great Wolf Lodge nor Camp Cedar are preferred hotels. Does anyone know why? I find it to be surprising.

I don’t believe GWL was listed as a “preferred” hotel when Cedar Fair operated Camp Cedar for obvious reasons. Now that Cedar Fair doesn’t operate Camp Cedar, I don’t think it makes sense for them to list the property as a “preferred hotel.” We might see GWL return as a “preferred hotel”, now that Camp Cedar is no longer affiliated with the chain but who knows.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 9:22 PM, italianchef said:

I just noticed that ne

I just noticed that neither Great Wolf Lodge nor Camp Cedar are preferred hotels. Does anyone know why? I find it to be surprising.

The deal with GWL expired and either Great Wold, Kings Island, or both declined to renew. I don’t think there’s more to the story than that. 

On 2/9/2023 at 4:19 PM, terry wass said:

just checked the camp cedar website and it definetly needs work. Military discount is spelled "mililtary". I mean really ? was just checking on dates for my vacation availibilty this summer. Some proofreading please.

The beginning of your sentence should be capitalized, as should Camp Cedar...you also misspelled both definitely & availability.

As the saying goes...people in glass houses should not throw stones! ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

It’s a shame that the Beach closed, they could’ve partnered with them following the CF breakup.

Given the reviews of Camp Cedar and the state of The Beach the last few years, they seem like they would’ve been a match made in bankruptcy heaven. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nhimes90 said:

Best. Article. Ever.

1 - Misleading title and photo

41294DB0-34E5-4E89-A419-365A2DB4A097.jpeg

2 - “Camp-themed attraction” WTF?

8906EBD1-CD59-432C-934B-6FBC330152F4.jpeg

3 - There’s more to the story? What are you paying for here? To see that both Kings Island and Camp Cedar declined to comment?

4D8E3836-E0EE-41BA-B1C8-4D1F384F9F15.jpeg

• Haha 2