2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

Since this topic hasn't been created yet, I did! ;)

My profound observation for this historic thread is this:

Trees.  I have been watching the webcams this week.  All the cut evergreen trees the park purchased for the magic of Winterfest have now been removed and sent to the trash, to be chipped for mulch, or used for fish habitat.  But in the Orion webcam, it was evident that the trees on the north side of the Junkyard Coaster  unused land had cut trees in the lawn area.  Why not plant evergreens instead?  The ones they planted on the south side, near the Island Paradise stand in 2017 are filling in nicely.  And they planted alot of evergreens on the train route for the 2022 season, so it's not unprecedented.

I'd love to see some weeping white pines planted in the area.  They look so nice over between Invertigo and the KI Theater. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I can't wait to see Adventure Port and the 2 new rides! Not to mention the refurbished theming for Adventure Express...

Me too!  I have seen vans parked over by the drummer hill/tunnel.  Here's hoping they are working in there!

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I must be living under a rock. Can you explain to me what KI Universe is?

Coaster or different rides from past to present tell there stories connected to one universe. Like International Street being a place for all people if different culture come together. One of the residents is Scarlet Green (Banshee) And there use to be a theater that was burned down accidentally. (Phantom Theater) Then there's River Town. What use to be a work place before strange and dangerous things happen in the woods. (The Bat/Diamondback/Mystic Timbers/The Beast) And around the corner AREA 72 was created to experience Paranormal things and flight machines. (Orion/Flight of Fear) And the members are in Outpost numbers. The most infamous one being Outpost 5 (Adventure Express/Son of Beast)

That's how the KIU will go I believe.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Isn't that the area the drones were launched from?

Yes, but what is that white thing in the left part of the circle I drew. Or (ik it is hard to tell from the webcam), the white thing behind the tree that from here looks like one of those digging trucks (from where I was watching, it looked like it was moving and digging, but again it is hard to tell.)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Why did you point that out @Hawaiian Coasters 325? Now Kings Island is definitely going to move the webcam. LOL! But this is VERY interesting for sure.

If they do move the cams, that might at least tell us that whatever is happening over there is significant enough to where they would have to move the cams.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

If they do move the cams, that might at least tell us that whatever is happening over there is significant enough to where they would have to move the cams.

I wasn't here back in 2016, but I believe the demolition of the funnel cake stand that led to Mystic Timbers was caught on the KI Webcam back then. Did the park move the cams back then? 

• Like 3

I could be mistaken, but isn't that just the gravel lot they used to launch and land the drones from the Fireworks and Fifty show? I can't remember the gravel plot was in that specific location or if it was more in the middle of the plot, but I remember it being approximately that size.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 9:12 AM, disco2000 said:

There is a worn out inside joke around here that comes to mind LOL...but I will refrain from posting it LOL

Green Intamin 400 ft tall Aqua Trax?

I'll refrain from my thoughts as honestly I don't want to hyper-inflate my expectations but I'm glad to see that the park has still has the enthusiast base getting excited over some new rocks. 

In a more serious and positive note, I'm really excited to get back to the park this year. Considering everything happening I'm excited to see the park get some new, fresh, flat rides and to see what they will do with Adventure Express. I'm just hoping that we can see some more theming and effects set up in the back half as it has felt barren in the past few years. This coupled with the food upgrades at the Mercado (Please for the love of everything good bring shrimp tacos with a pineapple or mango salsa addon to the park), I'm genuinely optimistic for what's coming this year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BB1 said:

Green Intamin 400 ft tall Aqua Trax?

I'll refrain from my thoughts as honestly I don't want to hyper-inflate my expectations but I'm glad to see that the park has still has the enthusiast base getting excited over some new rocks. 

In a more serious and positive note, I'm really excited to get back to the park this year. Considering everything happening I'm excited to see the park get some new, fresh, flat rides and to see what they will do with Adventure Express. I'm just hoping that we can see some more theming and effects set up in the back half as it has felt barren in the past few years. This coupled with the food upgrades at the Mercado (Please for the love of everything good bring shrimp tacos with a pineapple or mango salsa addon to the park), I'm genuinely optimistic for what's coming this year!

Nope LOL, just another worn out joke that flew right over the heads of most that were not around during the Orion decoding....so you don't waste your money :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Nope LOL, just another worn out joke that flew right over the heads of most that were not around during the Orion decoding....so you don't waste your money :P

I'm just glad we don't drone on and on about the news coverage during the Orion decoding thread anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PKIDelirium said:

It's gravel, they probably just haven't bothered to remove it yet. I expect the drones were only for the Fun Fireworks and Fifty show due to operating cost, but there's no rush to remove the gravel pad unless they start working on a replacement for Vortex.

However there are no cranes or marking on the ground as of yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PKIDelirium said:

It's gravel, they probably just haven't bothered to remove it yet. I expect the drones were only for the Fun Fireworks and Fifty show due to operating cost, but there's no rush to remove the gravel pad unless they start working on a replacement for Vortex.

Actually, I know it's the gravel and that is not what I was sharing. I was mainly sharing the white thing to the left of the gravel and the white/black thing behind the tree to the right of it and the day I posted it, it looked like there was some digging going on on the ground there, but again it is hard to tell from the webcam. I agree, it is likely nothing, but it's usually fun to speculate. 

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I'm just glad we don't drone on and on about the news coverage during the Orion decoding thread anymore.

I'm glad I learned my lesson about messaging media personel. I will never ever do that again even though I actually like John and it was great to meet him at the Orion announcement. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm glad I learned my lesson about messaging media personel. I will never ever do that again even though I actually like John and it was great to meet him at the Orion announcement. 

I secretly admire your determination and grit for doing so. It makes for some great story telling and is something you can tell your kids and grandkids about!  I'm glad you got to meet John Matatress!

• Like 2