2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

I know who he is, I was making fun of the person who said he has stories to share with his kids and grandkids about who he met.

Yeah I know you have been around long enough to know the story lol, but we have many here were not here and do not know who he is or the backstory, which was why my attempt at a joke a few posts up fell flat LOL.  

But it is also a lesson for the youngsters to not do what had happened that ended up making this an inside joke here LOL.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

What does everyone think?

Interesting! I think the brown will blend better in the wooded part of the ride. With it peeking out of the woods for the crests of the hills. 

Estimated Color Visual: (it'll be very similar to this, but we'll likely get photos soon of the new colors!)

Mushroom Brown: image.png RGB (144, 110, 88)

Crimson Red: image.png RGB (124, 41, 42)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Does anyone know photoshop? It would be cool to see what it will look like!

I recall someone posted a video of DB with the new paintjob back when people saw the tests on the supports. 

It looks really good, if I can find it I'll edit the message.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

What does everyone think?

I think that, unless material technology has improved drastically since 2016, they are blowing it by once again painting a track red.  I use 2016 as an example because that is the year Dragster was repainted crimson red, and look at current photos of the tophat to see how well that has aged.  The brown supports will be cool for the reasons already mentioned, but the red track gets a no from me, dawg.  Granted, my opinion means all of zilch, but there it is for better or worse.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Right after I post DB’s supports look brighter, KI goes ahead and makes me look bad with a post that says the support color will change. Lol.

I am really excited to see the finish product! I think the new support color will fit much better in Rivertown.

Did you see a picture of the new paint job?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Did you see a picture of the new paint job?

On the webcams I thought the yellow supports looked brighter. Then KI said the support color is changing to Mushroom brown. That is what I was laughing at because 1 hour after I posted that KI said they were changing the color of the supports to not be yellow. Lol.

I haven’t seen mushroom brown on any of the supports yet. Just the images here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Orion742 said:

On the webcams I thought the yellow supports looked brighter. Then KI said the support color is changing to Mushroom brown. That is what I was laughing at because 1 hour after I posted that KI said they were changing the color of the supports to not be yellow. Lol.

I haven’t seen mushroom brown on any of the supports yet. Just the images here.

I know there was brown test paint on Diamondback's supports a few weeks back and was discussed in another thread.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I am not a fan of the changes. Kings Island changed many of the early 8:00 PM closings to 7:00 PM as well. I am almost positive these changes are not because of staffing too as it is so early and the park had normal hours last season. It’s probably just for Cedar Fair to save money.

• Like 2

Yes, it does stink that there are no 10pm closings in April/May on Saturdays.  I am sure they had their reasons why the change.  Likely to save on labor costs for one.  Maybe that last hour just wasn`t as profitable as they had hoped.  I am sure that Cedar Fair/Kings Island have analyzed things like that and know how much they typically make for any given hour based on the time of the season.

• Like 4

Opening Day and Saturdays in May are VERY busy. The more I think about it, the more I think the changes were made because of staffing even though I previously said otherwise. The last few days in August seemed to struggle in terms of staffing, and I assume a lot of the workforce is still in school until late May.

• Like 1

Based on this, they're likely pulling a last year and won't start fireworks until Memorial Day weekend. Gives them time to get it ready and based on the interview with the guy from Rozzi Fireworks it'll be similar to Fun, Fireworks, and 50. Sucks, that hours are shortened though. Like 7 pm on Sundays? That's 2020 hours lol. 

• Like 3

I too thought about the not having Fireworks until Memorial Day weekend.

Yes, that does seem odd to close at 7pm on Sundays.  Likely due to schools being in session though.  At least we still have the 10am opens.  There was a year where the park was opening at 11 during Covid.

• Like 3

Quick question, I have a friend who lives in Cleveland that I want to buy a bring-a-friend ticket for. I forgot when time frame of when those tickets decrease to lower than their usual $39.99. I am thinking it's in June or July they do that. Does anyone remember when that typically happens? (I am not looking to buy the tickets asap, only when it is further discounted)

• 4 weeks later...

The 2023 Haunt and Winterfest hours were silently added to the website. As of right now everything is the exact same as last year other than the fact that New Years will go from 4-12 AM instead of 4-1 AM. The addition of Sunday haunt hours remain in place from last year's test run.

Park Calendar & Hours of Operation | Kings Island (visitkingsisland.com)

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...