2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

36 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Passholder preview Friday April 14th from noon to 7pm.  I guess they figure that will hopefully keep the crowds kinda light.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/gold-platinum-pass-preview?fbclid=IwAR0dqUKycFw2QJuShk8efe1I7Szdiflh-mbPzimMdZgSZyj8V4oStBbvuvg

I noticed it says first look at newly painted Diamondback. So that might mean it won’t be ready by then.

They also mentioned the retracked Racer will be open for preview day!

• Confused 1

Kind of stinks that the preview day hours are 12-7.  Some people that are in school/work won`t be able to get up there until around 5.  Although it is the week after Easter, so some people might be on spring break then.  Bring back the 5-10pm pass holder preview days.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Kind of stinks that the preview day hours are 12-7.  Some people that are in school/work won`t be able to get up there until around 5.  Although it is the week after Easter, so some people might be on spring break then.  Bring back the 5-10pm pass holder preview days.

im just taking the day off, itll be good, less crowds hopefully, or they should do like 1200-1000

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I mean, they could just not do one.  Be glad you get this opportunity.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I am glad that they are opening, I was just stating that the hours of the preview event could be limiting to those that work/are in school.  Seems rather odd to close at 7.  Would have been better to stay open until 9 or 10.

yeah not sure why they dont do at least 9 or heck just open all day

• Like 2

Just now, disco2000 said:

It's called crowd control (they hope LOL)....

Only open until 7 will prevent the masses from showing up after work for only an hour or two.

The crowd in recent years when only open until 7pm was a lot less than staying open another hour until 8pm.

yeah wasnt last year like 2-9 or noon to 9?

4 hours ago, RedSummit20 said:

yeah wasnt last year like 2-9 or noon to 9?

Last year it was also 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM. I really wish Kings Island would do the preview day they announced for 2020 before the pandemic started. Preview Day that year was initially scheduled to be 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Before 2020, it was 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM for a while.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Last year it was also 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM. I really wish Kings Island would do the preview day they announced for 2020 before the pandemic started. Preview Day that year was initially scheduled to be 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Before 2020, it was 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM for a while.

Last year though was Good Friday when a lot of people and students (and thus KI employees) would be off work (either holiday/spring break or vacation). 

But April 14th, the two local Districts Kings and Mason are not on Spring Break and do not have the 14th off, and most schools do not either.  Staffing will be interesting... Wonder how many first timer employees will be working the preview day (one of the benefits of preview day is for training of staff)...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Last year though was Good Friday when a lot of people and students (and thus KI employees) would be off work (either holiday/spring break or vacation). 

But April 14th, the two local Districts Kings and Mason are not on Spring Break and do not have the 14th off, and most schools do not either.  Staffing will be interesting... Wonder how many first timer employees will be working the preview day (one of the benefits of preview day is for training of staff)...

I agree then that 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM does not make a whole lot of sense. 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM would probably allow for not only better staffing but also better attendance.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree then that 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM does not make a whole lot of sense. 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM would probably allow for not only better staffing but also better attendance.

I am guessing here, but maybe they don't want a huge crowd on this day.  Given the past preview days since Mystic Timbers, it has been swamped and there are always technical delays, new employee issues and the like.  Having a smaller crowd would be better for the employees and the clientele.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I am guessing here, but maybe they don't want a huge crowd on this day.  Given the past preview days since Mystic Timbers, it has been swamped and there are always technical delays, new employee issues and the like.  Having a smaller crowd would be better for the employees and the clientele.

I agree, but lower crowds can only be better for the employees if they can work during the hours of preview day.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

hmmm yeah later hours would be nice 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for the season to begin! I wonder when the park is going to announce the Skyline replacement on International Street. They announced Miami River Brewhouse on March 14 and Coney Bar-B-Que on March 27. Based on those dates, I assume they are going to be announcing it soon!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Can't wait for the season to begin! I wonder when the park is going to announce the Skyline replacement on International Street. They announced Miami River Brewhouse on March 14 and Coney Bar-B-Que on March 27. Based on those dates, I assume they are going to be announcing it soon!

Been thinking the same thing!  I've been seeing a lot of posted memories on FB in the past couple of day of past announcements.  Can't wait!  17 days 'til preview day!!!

• Like 3

With almost two weeks till opening day I don’t think the Diamondback repaint will be completely finished by then. I think they will paint it as the season goes on like they did Racer. It is listed on Early Entry rides starting April 15th so they plan to have the ride open then but I just don’t see the re-paint finished by then.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Been thinking the same thing!  I've been seeing a lot of posted memories on FB in the past couple of day of past announcements.  Can't wait!  17 days 'til preview day!!!

I'm on fb too, but where did you find that? What channel?