2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

You know what would make spring even better... doing a food/drink event like Frontier Festival at Cedar Point! 

Also seems like they'll have live music on the bandstand during the spring part. If I were to guess probably a Hifi Honey/River City rotation. Not knocking them though as they do an excellent job, but there are other local bands that I would love to see get a shot during that time period as well. Maybe do a "Bands in Residence" program like Cedar Point and Carowinds do. 

Also seems like Fun, Fireworks, and 50 will run for a second season. Not surprising as it was so well done and usually shows tend to run for 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Per Reddit. Yeah, yeah grain of salt…

A2CC3964-E8B8-4F4D-912D-B8571C8B1822.jpeg

I hope this isn’t true. That’s quite a hit the the lineup. 

The Bat being down again is reminding me of Volcano’s final years. I hope I am wrong. 
I don’t know what is up with our Drop Tower lately. I hope it gets fixed soon. June will be a year since it last operated.

I am confused by the last one, I don’t know what that means.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

The Bat being down again is reminding me of Volcano’s final years. I hope I am wrong. 
I don’t know what is up with our Drop Tower lately. I hope it gets fixed soon. June will be a year since it last operated.

I am confused by the last one, I don’t know what that means.

Drop Tower ran until August 9th and was struck that night/next morning by lightning and fried some components that can only be obtained by Intamin and they had a long lead time that kept getting pushed and when it became obvious it wouldn't be here in time for final weekend, they went ahead and started winter prep for the ride early... 

It was down a bit for wind last year, as well as another lightning strike earlier in the summer (July 6th) that knocked it out a few days while the spare part was put in (thus why when it blew again a month later they didn't have a spare available as they were waiting on the part).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beastfan11 said:

Per Reddit. Yeah, yeah grain of salt…

A2CC3964-E8B8-4F4D-912D-B8571C8B1822.jpeg

I hope this isn’t true. That’s quite a hit the the lineup. 

As for The Bat being closed, Kings Island posted on Twitter that all of the coasters except Adventure Express are expected to be open…CC583FE3-1A9C-42EC-AEAC-6ED27C63C0C1.jpeg

Unless The Bat being closed until June was decided in the last few days, this Reddit user’s claims may be false.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

The word "expected" does give them an out if it isn't running.  A lot can happen in the last few days prior to park opening.  Not getting enough cycles in to get the permit in time being one of many issues.

True, or could also be just standard PR-speech for downtime that is unexpected on any attraction, so as to avoid a hypothetical (hopefully unlikely) situation where, say, The Beast goes down and someone says "YOU SAID EVERYTHING WOULD BE OPERATING!"

Basically, I think that would be their answer regardless at any point in the operating season.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kyle100991 said:

I can't wait for all three days. I'll be working Backlot. I'm a little nervous because it's my first time working at Kings Island but I'm excited at the same time. 

I'll be working all 3 days at the Eiffel Tower, Grand Carousel, and Viking Fury. You'll really like working here! This is season 4 for me and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. 

• Like 6

So I bought myself a new platinum pass this year as my previous card was having a hard time scanning within the last few years.  What time does pass processing open?
You do realize you could of just had your card replaced at Guest Services? You didn't have to buy new.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'll be working all 3 days at the Eiffel Tower, Grand Carousel, and Viking Fury. You'll really like working here! This is season 4 for me and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. 

Three different attractions wow. Hopefully I can get trained at different rides this year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If you're at Backlot Stunt Coaster I believe you also have Shake, Rattle, and Roll (or what we call Troika) unless something changed. 

Yeah some of the crew got trained there on Saturday. I haven't yet. I'm going to be at White Water Canyon when it opens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

So is Viking Fury paired with Carousel and Tower this year for ride crews?  When I worked at Skyflyer for Haunt in 2013 and 2014, Viking Fury was paired with Adventure Express (Express Ship).  I guess it makes sense as Express is likely paired with the two new rides this season.  Back then, Delirium was paired with Slingshot (Deli-Shot), Congo was with Invertigo (Go-Go), Drop Tower was with the Bat (Drop Bat), and Banshee and Skyflyer were each their own crews.  Skyflyer requires the ride ops to be 18.

I miss my days of running rides between Coney and KI.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

So is Viking Fury paired with Carousel and Tower this year for ride crews?  When I worked at Skyflyer for Haunt in 2013 and 2014, Viking Fury was paired with Adventure Express (Express Ship).  I guess it makes sense as Express is likely paired with the two new rides this season.  Back then, Delirium was paired with Slingshot (Deli-Shot), Congo was with Invertigo (Go-Go), Drop Tower was with The Bat (Drop Bat), and Banshee and Skyflyer were each their own crews.  Skyflyer requires the ride ops to be 18.

I miss my days of running rides between Coney and KI.

Yup, Adventure Express, Ship and Slingshot (Deli Shot got dissolved at the end of 21 with deli going to Go-Go) were paired until the end of last year and I can confirm that this year Adventure Express is going to be paired with Cargo Loco and Sol Spin 

• Like 3