2023 General Kings Island Discussion

BeeastFarmer

The website has introduced a new chat feature. It is limited to its capacity information currently but glad to see this new upgrade and hopefully support customer service in the future.
192122ad384d6540b6e2509ff30bfe01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It looks like the asphalt was either redone or seal coated behind the Eiffel Tower and maybe in Rivertown as well. Although I would rather Kings Island replace the asphalt with anything but asphalt, the touching up is nice as the asphalt was not looking great as of recent.

• Like 1

If the tennis tournament moves to Charlotte, is there any reason for keeping KI open daily in the second week of August anymore ? Would they consider just weekends only after that first week of August ? The calendar this year already reflects closed Wed. - Fri. during the tournament, and has played a factor as the tennis tournament usually ends the same time as daily operations ends.
Also to consider that schools are starting earlier with sports camps and band camps and college starting earlier also impacts the workforce at the park to switch operations to weekend only after the first week of August. I am seeing this as a new normal going forward.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/warren-county/mason/western-southern-open-owner-proposes-moving-tennis-tournament-from-mason-to-charlotte?_amp=true

9 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

If the tennis tournament moves to Charlotte, is there any reason for keeping KI open daily in the second week of August anymore ? Would they consider just weekends only after that first week of August ? The calendar this year already reflects closed Wed. - Fri. during the tournament, and has played a factor as the tennis tournament usually ends the same time as daily operations ends.
Also to consider that schools are starting earlier with sports camps and band camps and college starting earlier also impacts the workforce at the park to switch operations to weekend only after the first week of August. I am seeing this as a new normal going forward.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/warren-county/mason/western-southern-open-owner-proposes-moving-tennis-tournament-from-mason-to-charlotte?_amp=true

Shhh....don't give them any ideas on taking away operating days LOL.

Thread discussing the tourney here:

• Like 2

With weekday operations starting this Wednesday, May 17th, I wonder how the Diamondback repaint schedule is going to look going forward. While a lot of progress has been made, there is still a decent amount to be done. I doubt that Baynum Solutions will be able to finish in the two days the park is closed before weekday operations start. Maybe Kings Island will close it during the week for repainting? That would be my best guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

With weekday operations starting this Wednesday, May 17th, I wonder how the Diamondback repaint schedule is going to look going forward. While a lot of progress has been made, there is still a decent amount to be done. I doubt that Baynum Solutions will be able to finish in the two days the park is closed before weekday operations start. Maybe Kings Island will close it during the week for repainting? That would be my best guess.

You just need lots of flashlights

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

The painting will stop once the park goes daily and will resume in August when the park goes back to weekends. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Is it true the 275ft platform on the Eiffel Tower is open again? Last year it was barely open from what I was told was mechanical issue with that elevator. If its now open, that's great!

26 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Is it true the 275ft platform on the Eiffel Tower is open again? Last year it was barely open from what I was told was mechanical issue with that elevator. If its now open, that's great!

Yep!  We were up there on Sunday :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad_1138 said:

Yep!  We were up there on Sunday :)

I wasn't working Sunday, but Saturday night my supervisor said something about wanting to open north the next day. Glad they were able to open it.

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Yes they were running both on Sunday as well.

Wdym by running both? The only time the tower has done a double plat in recent years was for fireworks when we could take guests up for that and we haven't done fireworks yet this year and we couldn't take people up for fireworks last year due to the lasers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

275 feet is the upper platform.  The lower platform is 265 feet.

Thank you - follow up question: Which elevator goes to which platform? Or, put another way, can either elevator (left or right) take people to either platform? Thanks again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Thank you - follow up question: Which elevator goes to which platform? Or, put another way, can either elevator (left or right) take people to either platform? Thanks again.

When looking at the elevators from the que entrance, left elevator goes to the 265 and right goes to the 275. Both elevators can only go to their respective levels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

When looking at the elevators from the que entrance, left elevator goes to the 265 and right goes to the 275. Both elevators can only go to their respective levels.

I’ve always wondered what was in the room above the two platforms. There’s a couple AC units up there, which as a child I always liked to imagine that was the park’s “weather office” where the calls to close rides for lightning came from. I’m sure it’s just cell and communications equipment.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Thanks! :D That’s what I figured (as only the left side has been open until very recently).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

I’ve always wondered what was in the room above the two platforms. There’s a couple AC units up there, which as a child I always liked to imagine that was the park’s “weather office” where the calls to close rides for lightning came from. I’m sure it’s just cell and communications equipment.

Scooby and Shaggy got a lifetime deal for an apartment for all the work they did in the 70s and 80s.  Velma, Fred and Daphne can no longer visit as they all have arthritic knees. Maybe if you are ever so lucky, on a clear, low humidity day, you can hear Scoob saying "Rook, Raggy at all the cars coming in on Western Woah Woad!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 8