Did KI ditch Fast Lane Plus?

PKIVortex

So I just noticed on the KI website they are no mention of Fast Lane Plus, and only Fast Lane. The Fast Lane Plus rides are now listed with the rest of the Fast Lane rides. Sounds like to me we will only have one type of Fast Lane now, I know Carowinds went this route a few years ago.

Cedar Point still list both options.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

So I just noticed on the KI website they are no mention of Fast Lane Plus, and only Fast Lane. The Fast Lane Plus rides are now listed with the rest of the Fast Lane rides. Sounds like to me we will only have one type of Fast Lane now, I know Carowinds went this route a few years ago.

Cedar Point still list both options.

You are right. Kings Island has completely removed Fast Lane Plus. All the rides that were on FLP are now listed on Fast Lane. I wonder if this is because how long the lines were at Haunt. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also this isn’t about Fast Lane but I found it interesting. Cedar Point offers 4 Experiences. Only 2 are listed on the website that they will be going on sale soon. I wonder why they took off those experiences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PKIVortex said:

I seen alot of people going up and upgrading to the Plus when they found out they need that for all rides. But I bet they will sell Fast Lane at the higher price that Plus was.

I hope they do sell them at the higher price, obviously to make more money for the park.

• Confused 4

I always felt like the Plus system devalued some of KI’s rides. Of course newer rides are more popular out the gate so it makes sense that they’re on the plus system, but I always felt like coasters that aren’t on the plus (like Banshee and Diamondback) were deemed “not worthy” and therefore indirectly devalued them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I always felt like the Plus system devalued some of KI’s rides. Of course newer rides are more popular out the gate so it makes sense that they’re on the plus system, but I always felt like coasters that aren’t on the plus (like Banshee and Diamondback) were deemed “not worthy” and therefore indirectly devalued them. 

I guess they needed something good on the regular Fast Lane to make it worthwhile.

As the self proclaimed *Conspiracy theorist* that I am, could this be a step towards yearly operations? This would allow for Fast Lane to become adaptable for what rides are open. If this were the move, this would give us one season of normalizing FLP rides on FL. Again, I am the one *overly optimistic conspiracy theorist* and none of my theories have any evidence.

This is the direction the chain has been slowly moving, Kings Island is not the first Cedar Fair park to get rid of the Fast Lane plus option and I doubt it will be the last.  If I am correct only 3 parks in the chain still have two separate tiers, and there is enough time left for more parks to make this change this year.

• Like 2

You're just moving people from one side of the line to the other. General wait times won't change.
I could see some of the lower capacity rides that were Fast Lane Plus having bit longer Fast Lane ques but we shall see.

The 2023 All Season FL is priced at $799. This is the same price the 2023 All Season FL+ was priced last fall. This suggests to me that the price of single-day FL passes will go up. If their price goes up, less people may purchase FL passes. Ride times for FL customers are also determined by the percentage of customers allowed on each ride by the operator. On busy days last year, FL+ customers could easily queue 20 minutes for a top coaster. At CP, queue times for FL+ customers were often 30 to 40 minutes. At the end of the day, the FL(+) customer pays significantly more to wait less and ride more. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NegativeGs said:

The 2023 All Season FL is priced at $799. This is the same price the 2023 All Season FL+ was priced last fall. This suggests to me that the price of single-day FL passes will go up. If their price goes up, less people may purchase FL passes. Ride times for FL customers are also determined by the percentage of customers allowed on each ride by the operator. On busy days last year, FL+ customers could easily queue 20 minutes for a top coaster. At CP, queue times for FL+ customers were often 30 to 40 minutes. At the end of the day, the FL(+) customer pays significantly more to wait less and ride more. 

I'm pretty sure there is only one all season FL. You can get the one for Kings Island only for 799 or the one for all parks for 999, of course you have to have the Platinum pass for all park options, but either way they are all FL Plus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FastLaneOrNothing said:

I'm pretty sure there is only one all season FL. You can get the one for Kings Island only for 799 or the one for all parks for 999, of course you have to have the Platinum pass for all park options, but either way they are all FL Plus

I agree. There is just one KI All Season FL now. 

9 hours ago, NegativeGs said:

I agree. There is just one KI All Season FL now. 

They have only sold season long FL as one, not two separate offerings (well they had a park specific season long FL and then a platinum season long FL, but that is different).  They did not sell a season long FL and season long FL+.  It was one season long FL that was a FL+ wristband.

• Like 1

I feel if they wanted to offer a park-specific, one day option. With more value, they could offer the Dollywood “limited” timesaver option with a set number of “rides” that you can use on different attractions or all on one attraction, but each time, the card/wristband/lanyard whatever is punched. They even made “top tier” attractions one and done by printing those specific rides on a set number of tabs. 

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there, I have no additional information than what is posted:

Maybe people were buying FL and then finding out the hard way that they need to upgrade once they get to the park. This could have created a less-than-ideal guest experience. Although the rides are listed, it still could be argued as to looking like a bait-and-switch. To be clear, if one is eliminated it will be Fastlane, not Fastlane Plus. They just took the “Plus” off and will sell all wrist bands at the higher price, so don’t think a price reduction is going to come as a direct result of this, if it happens.

Also, I saw on CP Food Blog that Cedar Point still has FL+ for 2023. Maybe it makes more sense there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

I have actually seen people upgrade to the plus after they realized Fast Lane alone didn't include all rides.

Right, but to me, that’ that just tells me that they had the wrong product put in their hands the first time. It’s not a good experience if it happens to a lot of people.

2 hours ago, Browntggrr said:

We went to both CP & KI this past summer during the week (1st week August @ KI of 2nd week of August @ CP) and found that to experience a majority of the coasters at CP in a day, FL+ is necessary. 

At KI, we were able to hit all the major rides by 4pm without FL.

No arguments with your logic here, but the average guest doesn’t know what you do. They’re just going to see that they bought a front of the line wrist band and it didn’t include some major attractions. I could see someone who isn’t into coasters having the regular FL being appropriate for them but would that Democratic really even buy FL? 

On 2/2/2023 at 3:19 PM, Browntggrr said:

We went to both CP & KI this past summer during the week (1st week August @ KI of 2nd week of August @ CP) and found that to experience a majority of the coasters at CP in a day, FL+ is necessary. 

I went to Cedar Point during the last week of August and I was able to ride every coaster in the park, plus many flat rides, plus 7 re-rides on coasters. While not everyone may be able to do it, it's possible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else remember when Fast Lane was introduced there was only one tier to choose from? I have kept all of my wrist bands over the years as little momentos and I still have the early Fast Lane wrist bands from the initial years when there was only one kind to choose from.

This is truly going to be an interesting season with having the one tier FL, ASFL and one time use FL from the Prestige Pass holders. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 5:20 PM, Taylor.B03 said:

As the self proclaimed *Conspiracy theorist* that I am, could this be a step towards yearly operations? This would allow for Fast Lane to become adaptable for what rides are open. If this were the move, this would give us one season of normalizing FLP rides on FL. Again, I am the one *overly optimistic conspiracy theorist* and none of my theories have any evidence.

Ki will never go "all season" our winters are too unpredictable around here. Were not further south like KD or CW. If you have lived here long enough, you know some winters are mild, then some are just brutal. Some we get snow, some we dont. Plus staffing when everyone is back in school. I just dont see it making it worth it to them in the long run. I could be wrong who knows. But i dont see it coming anytime soon.