Vekoma Madhouse in 2024?

Cedar Fair Fanboy

Oh boy, I'm going to get flag all over again... but yea I think my hopeful ride in K.I. inside the Crypt building is probably gonna happen next year. Not saying it's true or not. But with Mike Koontz saying that he will evanescently and for Vekoma to show that they're working on the next Madhouse in this video on that time frame. https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx4muIHXPpASWKjC7BRmwZbJy-2KRQD5u- I think Kings Island will finally get one of these, and I do have evidence to show if it happens.

1. Vekoma is starting to resurge to America after a long time. Started off with their Family Suspended coaster, with Circuit Breaker and Big Bear Mountain, I could see the possibility that Cedar Fair will hop on the Band Wagon and add one of these to the park, and for Kings Island to finally have a chance to ask for a Vekoma Madhouse for there park.

2. Madam Fatales been inside that building for a decade, Kings Island needed to replace that maze with something else. Mike Koontz wanted to see that building to house a new ride inside. The Madhouse can easily fit inside without even striping or tearing down the building, and can decorate the outside to make it fit in River Town. Which brings me to evidence 3.

3. That building was design to build a flat ride even if the walls are up. You can thank Paramount on this one, They manage to build a Huss Giant Top Spin inside to hide what they're building. You can do the same with a Madhouse. They might dig a few feet under to fit the Motors that spin the house upside down, and pour new concrete for the support of the Room and Gondola and electrical wirings, but they could manage it.

4. The last evidence is that it will be a people eater like a B&M coaster. With Pre-shows and even more theming, it can easily bring and move riders in this ride. Every Madhouse must have a Pre-show or shows to tell what is going on, and importantly to make sure that it doesn't delay the ride for it. And even more cool is that it has no minimum height for kids to ride, But they're will be a minimum height for guest to ride alone, somewhere around 48' inches. But it will not only bring all the family to ride, but also can give kid a chance to ride some of the rides that goes upside down. Being a illusion ride, it can give the kids a head start on going upside down before the real deal.

That's all the evidence that I think a Vekoma Madhouse might come next year. If I'm wrong don't rant about it, after all it's just my prediction. But you can post your opinions or ideas in reply. Thanks for reading and remember my catchphrase. "Keep the Madhouse WILD!"

Madhouse ride.jpg

• Like 3

I've always liked this idea and all of your points are valid! In my personal opinion whatever they are cooking up to replace Vortex can wait till 2025 and they need to either give us the madhouse or they need to restore boo blaster to the phantom Theater. Either one works for me! 

• Like 3

I don’t think it will ever happen. These depend on theming and story elements to sell the illusion, and 2 points to that 

1) even though it’s way better than before, Kings Island  has limited success in keeping theming functioning at 100% (see spotty MysticTimbers swinging lamps, flickering lights, Banshee flickering lights, Banshee lighting package, etc) and 2) these are so story driven that once you have experienced the story a few times, there is limited “re-ridability” which is critical at a regional park KI. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

I don’t think it will ever happen. These depend on theming and story elements to sell the illusion, and 2 points to that 

1) even though it’s way better than before, Kings Island  has limited success in keeping theming functioning at 100% (see spotty Mystic Timbers swinging lamps, flickering lights, Banshee flickering lights, Banshee lighting package, etc) and 2) these are so story driven that once you have experienced the story a few times, there is limited “re-rideability” which is critical at a regional park KI. 

Can I counter that.

1. Cedar Fair are doing theming, Aeronautica Landing at Carowinds and the new Fiesta Village at Knott's are changing what Cedar Fair is doing. They're giving us a premium experience. Madhouse is on that category of something premium.

2. I agree the story is a one and done deal. But it's actually have re-rideability, cause it's not the story, it's the peoples reaction when in the ride. Also it can draw in guest around the world to ride. And can have the guest to ride it multiple times every visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Can I counter that.

1. Cedar Fair are doing theming, Aeronautica Landing at Carowinds and the new Fiesta Village at Knott's are changing what Cedar Fair is doing. They're giving us a premium experience. Madhouse is on that category of something premium.

2. I agree the story is a one and done deal. But it's actually have re-rideability, cause it's not the story, it's the peoples reaction when in the ride. Also it can draw in guest around the world to ride. And can have the guest to ride it multiple times every visit.

Agree to disagree on both points. What CF is doing with all these projects you mentioned plus Adventure Port and Boardwalk is more architectural “themed structures” where are easier to maintain than theatrical effects needed to make a mad house interesting enough to “draw guests from around the world”. Got it-you want one-I’d like to experience one once, but just don’t see it being a solid investment for the park. I think it’s telling that there aren’t to a of them around outside of Europe. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I think it’s telling that there aren’t to a of them around outside of Europe. 

Actually I think that's what makes the ride model more compelling to me is that very few American amusement parks have them! Now maybe some people aren't thrilled with them and they are a once and done type of ride but I enjoyed Houdini's Great Escape at Six Flags Great Adventure so much I rode it numerous times that day. Just the mechanics of how it works has always amazed me and I think it's a great family ride. (Plus did we forget to mention they are indoors and operate during the rain?) I saw people of all age groups on the one at Six Flags - kids, teenagers, and grandparents and it seemed to scare the teens the most actually....

42 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Waiting till Passholder preview and Opening day to see Constructions going on around the Crypt building.

If there were to be a madhouse in there, they likely wouldn't start construction until late in the season. In fact, you can probably still do the Haunt in there and have the new madhouse open by the next season's opening day. 

On 2/10/2023 at 8:57 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If there were to be a madhouse in there, they likely wouldn't start construction until late in the season. In fact, you can probably still do the Haunt in there and have the new madhouse open by the next season's opening day. 

Madhouse does take longer to build. The entire room must be decorated after they build the rims around the ride, and after the platform has been build with all the benches, after they dug the concrete inside the building and place the motors in, AFTER they get the ride parts all away from Denmark. That's more time to construct than it is to construct the 2 new rides at Adventure Port. 

Edit: I've got a feeling that we might get a bit of tease during Coaster Stock this year.

• Like 1