Food places in KI for 2023

mikejenkins1

So I see that Chick-Fil-A is not returning to Cedar Point this year.,   I had  been hearing stories that the one at KI would be leaving as well for this year.   Also heard rumors that Skyline might be on the outs...

Any one know if either of these are leaving and if so what might be replacing them?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

I don’t think Skyline is going anywhere; however, I think the rumor floating around inferred that it would be taking over the old Chick-Fil-A location (should it be leaving). That would create an open spot on International Street for something new. 

Grain of salt, though!

I’d be down with that as well-especially if they made that area a little “greek mini land” with a fountain and statues in a garden dining setting. Maybe even add gyros and 1-2 other Greek quick serve options to the skyline menu, some “history of Skyline” signs and a better tie to its Greek international origins. Maybe don’t even do dogs here and keep the one in coney more “pure skyline coney dog” so it doesn’t just feel like 2 Skyline locations) Where Skyline is now is way too nice a location on IS with indoor seating and a prime location for something that you can literally get across the street for less. Would like to see sone kind of “upscale” quick service there with more of even a “international” feel and a way nicer dining room. Even if they could relocate the Fast Lane stand and the stuff yo the left of it and do a nice covered seating area. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Where Skyline is now is way too nice a location on IS with indoor seating and a prime location for something that you can literally get across the street for less. Would like to see sone kind of “upscale” quick service there with more of even a “international” feel and a way nicer dining room. Even if they could relocate the Fast Lane stand and the stuff yo the left of it and do a nice covered seating area. 

My thoughts is something along the lines of Grain and Grill at Kings Dominion. I've heard G&G is one of the best restaurants at KD. Like they serve stuff like Roast Beef and Grilled Shrimp. They even have Penne Pesto pasta as a side. Plus all their meals come with pita bread and hummus which as someone who took a trip to Israel a few years ago, I would really love to see KI bring in some Mediterranean food to the park. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I would love a Hugo's type restaurant. I don't think it would really interfere with LaRosa's if they focused on non pizza items like the Calzones, stromboli, pasta and salad dishes.

That should be in The Italian Building, though.  I'd like a bread factory in The Swiss Building.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I would love a Hugo's type restaurant. I don't think it would really interfere with LaRosa's if they focused on non pizza items like the Calzones, stromboli, pasta and salad dishes.

I would LOVE if that was in the Italian building - even if they shared the space and one side was pizza only and the other side other options. May have to do a bit of register re-routing, but it could be done by flipping the entry and exit doors and moving the drink machines to the center point where they would merge and go to 2-3 registers at the 'front door'. That way you could also have a "quick entry" line for doing refills. Personally I wish ALL branded food was simply "featuring..." As in Luigi's Italian Kitchen FEATURING LaRosas Pizza or Coney Chili and Dogs FEATURING Skyline - then you could have more elevated options and some basic, local and kid pleasing pedestrian "safe" options, but the whole place wouldn't BE a LaRosas... Graeters Etc. Take a page from the Disney book and create your own themed spaces that trim the corporate franchise build out. They only get name recognition and the food served, but not the full signage package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

I did heard the Subway is going away too. And what to replace it is the return of the Sweet Tooth.

Kings Island Sweet Tooth.jpg

That would be great - maybe do healthy fresh Deli sandwiches at a new place on Street or in River Town in the LaRosas there. Why do we have limp pizza in 3 locations (4 if you count Soak City)?

I also really want to see Festhaus redone. Like everything changes. We already have 2 Larosas so I think they can get rid of that and then I think Panda Express like Chick Fil A is on its way out at some point. I say do something like BGW does in their Festhaus with Oven Roasted Chicken, Smoked Sausage, Bratwurst, and even German flat bread pizza. I think you could do that where Festhaus Larosas is and then where Panda Express is, do a German pretzel stand where it has pretzel sandwiches and pretzel dogs like BGW. Also add German decorations throughout the Festhaus like flags and banners and do a German show like BGW: 

• Like 2

I would love to see Hugo's somewhere in the park as well.  It would be nice to have some different food options in the park like the calzones.

If the Sweet Tooth location is coming back and put in the Subway location, I would prefer they just do the Ice Cream there instead of the Ice Scream Zone beside Banshee to help reduce the bottleneck in that area beside Banshee.  I doubt they would do it but just tear down the Ice Scream Zone location and put another indoor Coke Freestyle location there to spread out the crowds off the Action Zone midway. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skyrider said:

Would love a healthy food option restaurant that carried low carb entrees.  Doesn’t Cedar Pointe have an option like that already that they could bring to Kings Island too?

IMO I would love to see a Farmhouse style restaurant come to Rivertown, perhaps where the Big Box-O-FUN currently is. I think adding something in the vein of country style cooking with a rustic view would be perfect for the park. I think adding a sit down with a nice view of a coaster or the woods would deliver something that the park is still lacking in; that is if they don't add a new log flume a la Kenton Cove. 

• Like 1

What I do hope is that KI will address the lines for some of the food stands around the park. 

The closure of Chick-fil-A will help lessen the crowd levels when entering and exiting Planet Snoopy. Now they need to work on creating a better queue for Blue Ice Cream because it spills into the path every time.

• Like 2

Chick-Fil-A has officially been taken off of the park website, Subway, Panda Express, Skyline, Larosa's, Starbucks, Tom & Chee, Cinnabon, Auntie Anne's and ICEE are the last remaining outside food destinations in the park. 

Honestly a major shame as I loved getting a sweet tea on a Saturday afternoon from there. Would be interesting to see if this was a corporate or park decision (Maybe a question for those evergreen headache inducing Q&A sessions at Coasterstock for those who are going this year) as the restaurant was always packed whenever I went to the park. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

Chick-Fil-A has officially been taken off of the park website, Subway, Panda Express, Skyline, Larosa's, Starbucks, Tom & Chee, Cinnabon, Auntie Anne's and ICEE are the last remaining outside food destinations in the park. 

Honestly a major shame as I loved getting a sweet tea on a Saturday afternoon from there. Would be interesting to see if this was a corporate or park decision (Maybe a question for those evergreen headache inducing Q&A sessions at Coasterstock for those who are going this year) as the restaurant was always packed whenever I went to the park. 

My guess is being closed on Sundays didn't help.  You have one location that can make food that is not opened or staffed 1 day of the week.  In my opinion Chick should have made an exception for theme parks, zoo's, etc. when it came to their Sunday policy.  I wonder if CF asked them about that.

I could see people coming into the park just to get Chick, however I doubt not having a Chick would keep anyone away.

Let's see how many people will be asking for a refunds since the choices of the meal plan changed during the off season :) 

• Like 1

Grain and Grille looks like a solid add if they could move Skyline over to CFA (and don’t get me started on how much better their IStreet looks. KI blew it when they redid ours essentially for a parade route that is weird anyway with two show stops in the same area on opposite sides of the fountain. If they could relocate the clutter that is the fastlane   Picture kiosk, they could add additional seating on that corner and even add a small outdoor bar  

90DA4766-5C05-45B4-A9D3-17D50E0B05D4.jpeg

• Like 5

On 2/27/2023 at 12:18 PM, robintodd said:

My guess is being closed on Sundays didn't help.  You have one location that can make food that is not opened or staffed 1 day of the week.  In my opinion Chick should have made an exception for theme parks, zoo's, etc. when it came to their Sunday policy.  I wonder if CF asked them about that.

I could see people coming into the park just to get Chick, however I doubt not having a Chick would keep anyone away.

Let's see how many people will be asking for a refunds since the choices of the meal plan changed during the off season :) 

I've often thought the Sunday thing could have been a major issue -- you're taking away one of the more popular and busier food options on a busy day. 

Personally, I won't miss it. It was a novelty for us coming from Detroit because until a few years years ago, we didn't have any CFAs in Michigan. Now, we have several, including two within five miles of us. For the same reason I don't get Subway or Panda Express at a theme park -- because I can get it elsewhere -- it doesn't really sound appealing to go to CFA during a visit. 

Plus, it was never a great experience. The line was always long and the menu was more expensive than an average CFA (a common theme park issue) and the menu was limited. Plus, I've always thought a big appeal to the CFA experience was the clean restaurant and ultra-friendly employees...both things I never really experienced at KI's. 

Would love to see them put something fun and original in there, but my guess is that with its location,  you'll get another burgers/hot dogs/chicken nuggets-type place to satisfy the kids. 

• Like 1

Not having Skyline at the park would devastate my kids. Though I could probably go back to only needing 2 meal plans instead of 3. Though honestly, I might drop it all together, the food quality has really not been exciting me to try and actually get food at the park anymore. I almost never used to leave the park with unused credits on the meal deal, and I did it almost half the time last year.

• Like 1

No one said Skyline going away. Just that there might be a better use for that prime real estate than marginal tasteless chili on overcooked noodles. At this point- with the delay in AdventurePort being announced, they should just go ahead and drop the bomb on something new and “original” replacing Skyline. And wait… SKYLINE excited you to use food credits???

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1