Food places in KI for 2023

mikejenkins1

7 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

If Subway leaves about time. Who goes to KI and gets Subway? And it was hardly ever open anyway. Year round Mac N Cheese bar please?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I doubt Subway will be replaced with a Mac and Cheese bar as Cedar Point’s Mac Shack just closed. I actually think a Blue Ice Cream stand would be a good replacement because there is not really and I’ve cream place in the back of the park aside from Ralph’s ice cream, which does not even serve Blue Ice Cream and is not always open. I just hope that it doesn’t sit boarded up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I doubt Subway will be replaced with a Mac and Cheese bar as Cedar Point’s Mac Shack just closed. I actually think a Blue Ice Cream stand would be a good replacement because there is not really and I’ve cream place in the back of the park aside from Ralph’s ice cream, which does not even serve Blue Ice Cream and is not always open. I just hope that it doesn’t sit boarded up.

That's a good point! The park does need another location to get Blue Ice Cream and Coney Island is the best candidate.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I think KI could use another good burger place outside of Juke Box.  

Does Brewhouse not exist lol

45 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

That's a good point! The park does need another location to get Blue Ice Cream and Coney Island is the best candidate.

Ik it was talked about on here awhile ago that they could remove Ice Scream Zone in AZ and basically move it to Subway and replace ISZ with a Coca-Cola freestyle stand.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

If Subway leaves about time. Who goes to KI and gets Subway? And it was hardly ever open anyway. Year round Mac N Cheese bar please?

In my experience, the coney mall subway wasn't very good, even by subway standards. I think I can also count on one hand the amount of times I saw it open last season. It was definitely time for it to go.

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Cedar Point’s Mac Shack just closed

This may be a controversial opinion, but that was one of my favorite restaurants at Cedar Point and I'm not happy that it closed! I'll miss it dearly and would love to see an option like it at KI. :lol:

• Like 1

Based on the webcams, it still does not look like the Subway has been touched yet. Hopefully, Kings Island can get its replacement ready for opening day if there is one. I ready think an ice cream place would work really well there, especially since Coney Mall is more of a family oriented area. An additional ice cream location there could serve all those families who get scared away from the huge lines that the other ice cream locations get. I bet a lot of people decide to skip on ice cream when they see those huge lines, and Kings Island could capitalize on this demand by adding another ice cream location, which would increase ice cream capacity. If Kings Island did bring back the Sweet Tooth that was in that location before Subway, they could potentially serve other treats in addition to ice cream.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

Based on the lines I would see, when they were open, a lot of people eat Subway.  Our son frequented it quite often as he is a very picky eater due to sensory issues. 

On a related note, I’ll be curious to see what will go in the Subway location at Soak City.

While on the food topic, can we PLEASE get the Pommes Frittes back at The French Corner????

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 10:29 PM, brenthodge said:

No one said Skyline going away. Just that there might be a better use for that prime real estate than marginal tasteless chili on overcooked noodles. At this point- with the delay in AdventurePort being announced, they should just go ahead and drop the bomb on something new and “original” replacing Skyline. And wait… SKYLINE excited you to use food credits???

I mean, it is consistent? It is far and away the best Cincinnati Chili place for me to go to, but I do love Cincinnati Chili and if I go to International Street the variance in quality is minimal compared to just about anywhere else in the park.

But personally I am perfectly fine having 3rd party restaurants in the park as long as those places are indicative of the region. Kings Island is Cincinnati-ish, so having Cincinnatian food there is acceptable. Tom+Chee, LaRosa, Skyline (better if Gold Star lol), Graeters is all good. Chik-Fil-A and Subway are just boring national chains. Use those spots for more thematic or regional offerings, this includes Auntie Anne's, Starbucks, and Panda Express.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 9:40 AM, chad_1138 said:

Based on the lines I would see, when they were open, a lot of people eat Subway.  Our son frequented it quite often as he is a very picky eater due to sensory issues. 

On a related note, I’ll be curious to see what will go in the Subway location at Soak City.

While on the food topic, can we PLEASE get the Pommes Frittes back at The French Corner????

Many lifeguards used to dine at the SC Subway often as it was close to the break room and it was an affordable lunch.

If they get rid of it I'm sure the park has plans for renovating the space out for a new dining experience. 

• Like 2

Here's an idea for the Soak City subway, how about you move the Skyline Chili Express into there so it gets its own kitchen and stuff and then you turn the current skyline chili express stand into a Coke refill stand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SC has any Coke refill stands. Obviously I could be wrong because I haven't been to Soak City in like 5 years lol. Just a thought. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's an idea for the Soak City subway, how about you move the Skyline Chili Express into there so it gets its own kitchen and stuff and then you turn the current skyline chili express stand into a Coke refill stand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SC has any Coke refill stands. Obviously I could be wrong because I haven't been to Soak City in like 5 years lol. Just a thought. 

There is one stand alone refill stand next to Island Smokehouse.  A refill stand would be nice at the wave pool.  You can refill at the Skyline Express when they are open, but this would be a good option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Born_in_'72 said:

The sign has been removed from the Subway by The Racer.  From the webcam....

image.png

Just noticed it says "Diamondback" at the top......  No idea why....

That just looks funny to me. The subway sign just chillin there on the ground.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

From this post on Reddit, it appears that Skyline has indeed been repainted. The colors look very similar to the color palette of Grain & Grill at Kings Dominion.

image.jpeg

Ive been a good boy - I knew about this a week or so ago, but did what I was told and said nothing and shared nothing - CATS OUTTA THE BAG BUT I DIDNT RELEASE IT  LOL

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

From this post on Reddit, it appears that Skyline has indeed been repainted. The colors look very similar to the color palette of Grain & Grill at Kings Dominion.

image.jpeg

Also you see that pic from the park and your realize what a bleak,  blank slate they made of I street a few years ago. Ugh. 

10 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It's winter.  The royal fountain is empty. There are no people in the park. 

And there are small trees, less landscaping close to the buildings, no gas lights, odd pavement layout (the black “road” is the narrowest with trees in the middle of it and there’s no “ implied curb” like at KD) so without people, yes… it oooks even more depressing. I’d personally take running the parade around the tower circle instead of down both sides of IStreet over the clear cut they did when they redid the area a few years ago. Always seemed odd to me anyway there are two show stops in the same area just on both side of the fountain. 

• Like 1