2023 GOLD, PLAT, PRESTIGE PASS PREVIEW DAY

RedSummit20

On 3/16/2023 at 10:48 AM, disco2000 said:

Yep - I posted it in the 2023 thread 20 minutes before this thread was made LOL

I think a big problem with this forum right now is  that important things like this get buried under larger umbrella threads so people miss it. 

i.e.: A thread called “2023 season” makes perfect sense until important deals start coming out closer to opening. Having things like Preview Day, minor new updates, show announcements, etc buried into a 100 page mega thread is simply a disservice. It’s less of a TOS thing and more of a community understanding thing. 

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think a big problem with this forum right now is  that important things like this get buried under larger umbrella threads so people miss it. 

i.e.: A thread called “2023 season” makes perfect sense until important deals start coming out closer to opening. Having things like Preview Day, minor new updates, show announcements, etc buried into a 100 page mega thread is simply a disservice. It’s less of a TOS thing and more of a community understanding thing. 

Coupled with that, an admin usually posts these types of things in the "Kings Island Central Newsroom" subforum and we inevitably then get posts in the main Kings Island subforum as well lol

On 3/18/2023 at 12:46 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

ty sir! People get so butt hurt about things, its more for the "convenience" of finding something.  

On 3/18/2023 at 1:49 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Even when I ran KIC, I would always allow the dual topics. People don’t gravitate to or utilize KI News so it’s another good way for people to miss information, although it’s important because it populates the main page. 

As @BoddaH1994 stated. The KI News forums are what we use to populate official news sent to us by the park, or news that we are 100% certain to be factual. This allows the site to have a 100% news forum that contains the official news releases in one place and also updates the front page of the main site. Then the admin makes a determination based on a few criteria about what to do with existing threads. Has the old thread run its course leading to the news release, the value of keeping multiple threads, and how on or off-topic the other thread may be once official news is releaed.  Then we decide to either lock or keep multiple threads going.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RedSummit20 said:

ty sir! People get so butt hurt about things, its more for the "convenience" of finding something.  

Some people are sticklers for the rules. Moderating is an art not a science. 

If it were up to me (and I’m just spit balling here) I would lock the “20__ Season” thread that someone inherently starts sometime around January once actual news starts to come out. Big, long, old threads are intimidating to most, so people will feel like they aren’t caught up and just skip them. That’s why things such as the restaurant changes or Preview Day should have its own thread, rather than being lumped in with the others. Plus it drives traffic since it instantly exposes people to the topic titles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely ready and excited to kick off the season in just a few short weeks. Planning to take the day off from work for preview day. Hopefully the weather is amicable by then. Might even do opening day too, but we shall see. Either way I am fully ready to get back to the park and make some new memories this season!!!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Has there been any news on what shows we will have this year.  The alternate entertainment is a big reason we renew our passes every year.  

Nothing I have seen, but I think some members watch the KI site way more that I do.

• Like 1

No show updates yet. I don’t think anyone was expecting last years level, but the fact that they aren’t using that to create interest in pass sales seems to say there’s not a lot to talk about. Bring on the Kuntry Review in the German Food Hall with the Chinese mall food again LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back on topic, I'm excited to be back for Preview day, I wasn't able to enjoy the full day last year so to be back to ride Banshee and Mystic will be a nice reason to take some PTO. I think for myself in particular I'm most interested to see how the food options have changed for the season; coupled with how Kings Island deals with merchandising as I would guess they still have a surplus of 50th anniversary merchandise. 

• Like 2