Cedar Point Early Entry Ride Selection 2023

So this summer the family is taking a trip up to the Breakers for a day trip at CP. The early entry ride selection was released recently and gotta say I'm a bit disapointed. While it will be nice to knock out Wild Mouse early, the fact that they're only offering two coasters for early entry and none of their flagship rides, I find a bit odd.

I get that the Intamin coasters and Steel Venegence aren't the most reliable for opening on time, however I would always rush to the back of the park to drive and knock out Maverick, Millie, or Steel Vengence in the past. I could see them wanting to save on staffing and just opening the front half of the park, but it would be nice to at least have Raptor, Valravn, or one major coaster. I get that not every park offers early entry, but for a perk heavily advertised for hotel guests and platinum (and above) pass holders, I find it a bit of a letdown. It also makes me worried for KI since they haven't released their early entry ride list yet. But I have faith that the park will still offer a good selection.

Any thoughts?

Cedar Point Early Entry Ride List:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/early-entry

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Take, take, take, with little to no give, give, give,, along with "OH wait, here is an even MORE expensive pass you can buy with iffy "benefits" at best (looking at you Mr. Premier Pass).  I will once again revert to a phrase a highly intelligent former poster made regularly.... They already have your money.  This has made CP an absolutely mandatory FL+ park, and made me realize I can sleep in later when I go up there now.

FWIW,  we went last summer for 3+ days right after Juneteenth (just a coincidence that we picked those dates, but I posted them to give you our time frame).  I didn't actually hit me that we were going there on the day after a day many (some?) companies are giving their employees a day off work.  Anyhoo, I remember thinking....Hmm I wonder if this will be more crowded than usual as we drove up.  We had planned on getting fast passes for a day, so I wasn't super worried about it.  We arrived mid morning on that Tuesday and found crowds to be very light.  Steel vengance was like a 15 min wait, maybe 25.  Milly was like 10 min.  Maverick was up and down, so I actually waited about 45 min for that, but everything was fairly short.  On that Wednesday we went to the water park, where the lines were fairly long as a couple of the complexes were shut down.  Went back to the dry side for dinner and some rides and again everything was short.  Thursday we had planned on getting passes, but looking at the lines the first 2 days we were thinking maybe we could save the money and not do them.  Rides were a little longer on Thursday, but not insane by any means.  Milly was still a 10 min wait, steel vengance was about 25, Maverick not too bad, etc...

Weather was perfect all 3 days, mid 80s, fairly sunny, no rain, etc....  Maybe we just happened to hit the right week (there was even an ACE event going on as we ran into some ACE members and learned a bit about that)

As far as ops go, many of the rides didn't open up on time.  I think day 1 we got there right after the 10:00 normal open time and several rides were still down.  My daughter wanted to ride gemini and I don't think that opened up until around 11:00.  On that thursday we in the park sometime shortly after 9:00 and again many of the rides didn't open up until well after 10:00.  On the plus side, there version of surf dog wasn't technically open yet since it was still about 9:45, but the ride was ready and workers were stationed.  My sons decided to get in line and make that their first ride, the workers decided to open up the ride around 9:50, which was kind of cool.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2023 at 1:36 PM, IBEW_Sparky said:

Take, take, take, with little to no give, give, give,, along with "OH wait, here is an even MORE expensive pass you can buy with iffy "benefits" at best (looking at you Mr. Premier Pass).  I will once again revert to a phrase a highly intelligent former poster made regularly.... They already have your money.  This has made CP an absolutely mandatory FL+ park, and made me realize I can sleep in later when I go up there now.

Man, we need Terp back. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 6:52 PM, CoasterJack said:

So this summer the family is taking a trip up to the Breakers for a day trip at CP. The early entry ride selection was released recently and gotta say I'm a bit disapointed. While it will be nice to knock out Wild Mouse early, the fact that they're only offering two coasters for early entry and none of their flagship rides, I find a bit odd.

I get that the Intamin coasters and Steel Venegence aren't the most reliable for opening on time, however I would always rush to the back of the park to drive and knock out Maverick, Millie, or Steel Vengence in the past. I could see them wanting to save on staffing and just opening the front half of the park, but it would be nice to at least have Raptor, Valravn, or one major coaster. I get that not every park offers early entry, but for a perk heavily advertised for hotel guests and platinum (and above) pass holders, I find it a bit of a letdown. It also makes me worried for KI since they haven't released their early entry ride list yet. But I have faith that the park will still offer a good selection.

Any thoughts?

Cedar Point Early Entry Ride List:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/early-entry

I know that Steel Vengeance isn’t on early entry anymore which is disappointing but I have also heard that it doesn’t even open on time with the park on weekdays? 

Is this true?

To my knowledge Steel Vengeance is scheduled to open with the park.  But at least during my trips last year it never did.  Even during CoasterMania last year it opened about an hour late.  It cannot open until maintenance has signed off on the coaster.  Maintenance just seems unable to get the work done on time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kenban said:

To my knowledge Steel Vengeance is scheduled to open with the park.  But at least during my trips last year it never did.  Even during CoasterMania last year it opened about an hour late.  It cannot open until maintenance has signed off on the coaster.  Maintenance just seems unable to get the work done on time.

Thanks!

So do you think I should try to go there first or wait till the afternoon because it may not open?

On 5/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, Orion742 said:

Thanks!

So do you think I should try to go there first or wait till the afternoon because it may not open?

Sorry for the double post. Steel Vengeance hasn’t opened since the park opened today. Park opened 2 hours ago.

• 2 weeks later...