Allegheny County District Attorney says Kennywood is not safe

Interesting news. I have yet to visit Kennywood (which is actually a bit surprising given that I've visited numerous other PA parks that are much further away), but apparently the county's district attorney wants security changes to prevent another incident like what happened back in October.

https://www.wtae.com/article/zappala-kennywood-safety/43409986

• Like 1

Wonder if he would be saying that if reps from the company contributed more to his campaign LOL :P....

While I see his argument as it relates to issues with bars and other establishments, those typically have a much more frequent incident rate that can be used to justify it.  While I am sure the police are called plenty of times to Kennywood or any park, one incident of this level doesn't necessarily elevate it to the same as problematic areas that he has shut down in the past.

• Like 1

A few hours before this announcement there was a news story about this district attorney and a possible scandal.  In one instance a prosecutor refused to dismiss charges, then presented no evidence and called no witnesses, explaining to the judge that he could not just dismiss the charges because it’s election season.

This feels like a political stunt to distract from being caught playing politics.

• Confused 1

What background does this DA have to make a statement like this on the heels of the security changes being implemented both last year & during offseason?

He also had an interesting decision when it came to lawsuits filed after the terrible synagogue shooting in 2018:

https://triblive.com/news/top-stories/commonwealth-court-says-zappala-erred-in-ignoring-criminal-complaints-on-gun-legislation/