Coastermania 2023, Cedar Point

I apologize in advance if there’s already a thread. I couldn’t find it.

Tony Clark expressed that CM would have very limited availability this year. This is bittersweet because the reviews of CM often were critical of the crowds, but now there will be a mad rush for tickets and not everyone who wants to attend can. Thoughts?

• Like 2

Been going to Coastermania for over 10 years and this year will be skipping their event.  The last few years, and especially last year, very unorganized and chaotic.  They don’t cut the regular lines off a hour or so before the night ERT begins, so you end up using all your ERT time in line, especially for Steel Vengeance (cutting back on number of tickets/people is not going to solve this problem).  Cutbacks everywhere including no event drink wristbands (thank goodness for the season pass drink plan), no early morning donuts for national donut day, no coaster back lot tours, conflicting boat ride times so you miss lunch, the t-shirt lunch distribution debacle last year, and the new food changes for lunch were not popular, frankly disappointing.  KI Coasterstock on the other hand is a much better and organized event (and got my ticket along with my friends for this year) which is why it sells out in just a matter of minutes.  Last year a month later after tickets went on sale, Coastermania still had tickets available which says something about the overall satisfaction of their event.  Hollywood Nights (also sold out in a matter of minutes in December) is also the same weekend as CoasterMania so likely some have selected that event instead of waiting so long in the calendar for any Coastermania announcements.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Browntggrr said:

Tix went on sale this morning at 10:00am & are still available as of right now.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/coastermania

And just to reiterate:

On 4/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Doesn’t appear to be going well. 

To be fair, I bet Holiwood Nights hurts a lot, but still - open to everyone, very limited attendance. Four hours later and they’re still selling tickets. This is not indicative of any other event. 

When most don't have an enjoyable experience visiting that park these days, whether it be for that event or some random Thursday, they shouldn't be surprised. 

The quality of the performance and offering has gone down and they know it because they dropped gate admission price for the first time in two decades....which will only make CP more crowded and even less enjoyable visits. 

Thank goodness it appears KI is beyond the give the gate away mentality.

https://wmms.iheart.com/content/2023-04-18-cedar-point-lowers-gate-admission-price-for-first-time-in-nearly-20-years/

So far this years schedule looks much more thought out than last years.  Instead of a Lunch the attendees are getting Dinner.  The cruise timing only overlaps events which are designed for you to just drop by in a large enough window you can do all of them without concern.  You have dinner at the Pavilion then have the Q&A immediately afterwards at the Pavilion.

That last hour of the night with only Maverick and Steel Vengeance feels like unless they really limited attendance you’re looking at likely 2 rides total based on previous events.  But that’s really my only big complaint.

Overall massive improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

When most don't have an enjoyable experience visiting that park these days, whether it be for that event or some random Thursday, they shouldn't be surprised. 

The quality of the performance and offering has gone down and they know it because they dropped gate admission price for the first time in two decades....which will only make CP more crowded and even less enjoyable visits. 

Thank goodness it appears KI is beyond the give the gate away mentality.

https://wmms.iheart.com/content/2023-04-18-cedar-point-lowers-gate-admission-price-for-first-time-in-nearly-20-years/

I noticed this a few weeks ago as well. KI is the more expensive park now. I think we're still behind Knotts by a good margin though

• Like 1