Ride Wait Times 2023

IndyGuy4KI

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

PSA - in addition to the usual rides being down, Orion will not be going today.Ā  Also more rides than normal seem to be going down making the waits for what is open longer.

Any news why Orion is down and when they plan to reopen it? Hopefully not a longer closure?

• Like 2

Any word on The Beast? It was down Tuesday and Wednesday, I just looked on the app and it still says Down. :(Ā 

What's going on there, it seems to be having a lot of issues so far this year.Ā 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, disco2000 said:

When you don't race The Racer on a random Tuesday lol

Screenshot_20230718_164830_Photos.jpg

Yep. Was there. Hoped after the storm it would be walk-on town, but that certainly didnā€™t happen. Everything being off line about an hour just built up lines and even AdventureExpress was queued up all the way to the entry sign.

17 hours ago, disco2000 said:

When you don't race The Racer on a random Tuesday lol

Screenshot_20230718_164830_Photos.jpg

On the one hand, glad to see Racer is as popular as ever. On the other hand, that's around a 15 minute waitĀ for Racer. (Yes, I know its only running one side, but still lol)

I was there Tuesday as well. Got my first Racer ride of the day before 11 so I didn't have to wait for one sided Racer lol. But after 8:30, it was more or less a walk on.

• Like 2

Can anyone who knows the answer explain how not running both trains keys stay on AE and The Bat helps the park save money? I realize the other side of Racer is like having another ride. That one the logic makes sense to me. The not running an extra train does not, at least in my naive understanding.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Can anyone who knows the answer explain how not running both trains keys stay on AE and The Bat helps the park save money? I realize the other side of Racer is like having another ride. That one the logic makes sense to me. The not running an extra train does not, at least in my naive understanding.

Dumb thought, creating longer lines might encourage people to buy fast lanes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Dumb thought, creating longer lines might encourage people to buy fast lanes?

The Bat doesn't have a Fast Lane line so it wouldn't make sense there

I think they are pulling a six flags in that they don't want to spend money on train wear and tear, I assume that there could be a parts shortage / long wait time for parts for those rides so they are only running 1 train in order to keep those costs to a minimum or there are parts that they need but again, could be a delay in getting them so they can only run 1 and use the other train as a parts train in the meantime. There really is no other reason I could think of that is a good thing about it. It's just all negative.Ā 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

From my understanding, Adventure Express and The Bat are not on one train for cost-cutting reasons but for other reasons. I believe Adventure Expressā€™ second train is awaiting repairs (which have been taking a long time), which is why it has only been on one train on even busy Saturdays. The Bat, on the other hand, has been occasionally running one train over the past few years. Every time I have seen it on one train was on a day with rain in the forecast, so I wonder if there are potential issues with two trains running in the rain.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

10:52 and there is a major delay getting into the park. No ETA on letting us in. As of this post.Ā  Has ANYONE come on the PA to tell us why? Any social media post? Absolutely NOT!

Where is the "communications" department?

Ā 

PXL_20231001_145031232.jpg

Dude, itā€™s early on.Ā 

It takes some time to process, analyze, and diagnose. I can tell you a few cases where companies have been too eager to provide communications and the provided information was incorrect.

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic