Kings Island 2023 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

2023 is shaping up to be another exciting year for the culinary offerings at Kings Island. This year we have a new executive chef named Joseph Perez. Click here for details.

20230405_201048.jpg

We have the new Grain and Grill on International street. Grain and Grill will offer Eastern European and Mediterranean flavors including grilled and rotisserie meats like Moroccan Chicken, Glazed Pork Shoulder, Shrimp Skewers, and fresh seasonal sides.

Grain and Grill Rendering 2023.png

Then, announced last year the old Hanks will become Enrique’s. Click here for details.

Kings Island Adventure Port - Enriques Quick Service Restaurant.jpg

Over the past 10 years Kings Island has put a lot of effort into increasing the quality and variety of food choices at the park. KICentral is excited to hear what its members experience and feel about the food offerings at Kings Island this year. We will use this thread to keep each other up to date on new offerings and reviews of your culinary experiences at Kings Island.  Don't forget to include those sweet treat reviews as well. 

PXL_20220625_210924731.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

So this is like the 3rd thing this has been ever since Diamondback was built. First snake pit, then Tom and Chee, and now Outpost Frozen Cocktails! Speaking of Outpost, maybe Rivertown could someday get an Outpost Cafe like KD? Maybe relocate Linus Launcher somewhere else within Planet Snoopy and use that area for it? 

Snake Pit 1 (Philly cheese steak), Snake Pit 2 (burgers and hot dogs), T+C, now this. Although it didn’t change names, everything about it changed during its run as Snake Pit, so I’d consider it a total of four turnovers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Maybe employ nurses in the Diamondback and MT stations like rough coasters of old used to do, only this time for protein spills and hangovers. ;)

I don't know that they could recruit RNs to work those stations with the abysmal pay they offer, at least as of last year. I know your post is said in jest, but my view on their pay is not. 

48 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I don't know that they could recruit RNs to work those stations with the abysmal pay they offer, at least as of last year. I know your post is said in jest, but my view on their pay is not. 

As someone who's spent over 100 days with nurses around, you're preaching to the choir on RN pay. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

So this is like the 3rd thing this has been ever since Diamondback was built. First snake pit, then Tom and Chee, and now Outpost Frozen Cocktails! Speaking of Outpost, maybe Rivertown could someday get an Outpost Cafe like KD? Maybe relocate Linus Launcher somewhere else within Planet Snoopy and use that area for it? 

Linus Launcher being relocated would be a perfect opportunity to retheme the flume and return it to Rivertown. That location for it would be very out of place if the flume switched back but a Snoopy ride stayed right there. Tear up the concrete between the flume queue and the Flying Ace exit, landscape it up to create separation, and you've got a proper area border again.

Diamondback's lift structure is looking good in the background of that photo, the completed project will be so much better than it's been since the first few seasons before the fading started, and the color scheme will fit Rivertown properly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

Linus Launcher being relocated would be a perfect opportunity to retheme the flume and return it to Rivertown. That location for it would be very out of place if the flume switched back but a Snoopy ride stayed right there. Tear up the concrete between the flume queue and the Flying Ace exit, landscape it up to create separation, and you've got a proper area border again.

Diamondback's lift structure is looking good in the background of that photo, the completed project will be so much better than it's been since the first few seasons before the fading started, and the color scheme will fit Rivertown properly.

That whole zone needs to be cleaned up a bit, but I actually don’t mind the flume being a “pivot ride” since the theming (except the old Snoopy at the end that looks pretty crappy) doesn’t alter the ride experience. If the whole area was softened a bit and the restrooms given a more “rustic” exterior I think it still works as a transition between the two areas. I’d still love to see the whole “camp Snoopy” retheme. That would really make it a non issue if that area just flowed (no pun intended) right into Rivertown with a more rustic look and feel. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I thought the cocktail thing was an odd choice, especially since Brewhouse is right around the corner.

Beverage choices aside, that is a great use for that space! Excited to check out the new Tom + Chee location where Chik-Fil-A was, though.

-MDMC, who does not drink

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

IMG_0781.jpeg

IMG_0782.jpeg

IMG_0783.jpeg

IMG_0784.jpeg

IMG_0785.jpeg

I met the head pastry chef Belen yesterday. I talked to her extensively about her process since she is almost solely responsible for the creative side of things such as Sweet Spot. Super nice lady! It would be cool if they had her on the KIC podcast some time. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I met the head pastry chef Belen yesterday. I talked to her extensively about her process since she is almost solely responsible for the creative side of things such as Sweet Spot. Super nice lady! It would be cool if they had her on the KIC podcast some time. 

Or the Attractions Group Podcast :) 

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic