NEW KI I-STREET WEBCAM NO MORE MYSTIC

RedSummit20

27 minutes ago, rlentless said:

Wasn't this the same camera we had from a weather or news channel a couple of years ago?  When Orion was being built?

There used to be a weather bug camera there, it was removed a year or so ago. This new one is a video stream and not a photo stream

• Like 1

From a marketing stand point this makes a lot more sense.  It really does a better job of showcasing the park.  The view is fantastic, and I look forward to seeing what it looks like at night.

But the conspiracy theorist in me immediately assumed the old Tomb Raider building will be torn down.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That is if they don't turn off the webcam for that lol

Would not be at all surprised if that happens. Also wouldn’t be surprised if the camera is off while lasers and lighting are being programmed.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kenban said:

From a marketing stand point this makes a lot more sense.  It really does a better job of showcasing the park.  The view is fantastic, and I look forward to seeing what it looks like at night.

But the conspiracy theorist in me immediately assumed the old Tomb Raider building will be torn down.

Pretty sure that this camera view will give you a much better indication of when the Tomb Raider building comes down (IF it comes down), as in this view you can actually see the building......  See circled area below.  However, I personally don't believe it will be coming down any time soon.

image.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

Pretty sure that this camera view will give you a much better indication of when the Tomb Raider building comes down (IF it comes down), as in this view you can actually see the building......  See circled area below.  However, I personally don't believe it will be coming down any time soon.

image.png

IMO i dont think they would tear that down, they might, the building is HUGE as we all know. Its already maintained. They could really do something with that if they wanted. But only time will tell i guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSummit20 said:

IMO i dont think they would tear that down, they might, the building is HUGE as we all know. Its already maintained. They could really do something with that if they wanted. But only time will tell i guess. 

That building was designed by Paramount to construct any flat rides inside that building. So they can build like a Madhouse inside without stripping the walls down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

That building was designed by Paramount to construct any flat rides inside that building. So they can build like a Madhouse inside without stripping the walls down.

yeah has the huge a$$ garage doors in the back side too! 

2 hours ago, Taylor.B03 said:

Seems like an employee stress test of sorts, likely the people are friends and family of employees

Correct, tonight was friends and family preview night for associates. Each associate got 4(?) tickets for them and anyone they wanted to bring along.

• Like 1

Weird that the fountains are on today when (at least to my knowledge) there will be not guests of any type today. I’m sure there’s a reason, but I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s being stress tested or they’re doing photos of something. A myriad of possibilities, I suppose. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Weird that the fountains are on today when (at least to my knowledge) there will be not guests of any type today. I’m sure there’s a reason, but I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s being stress tested or they’re doing photos of something. A myriad of possibilities, I suppose. 

Maybe they are trying to fix the broken area near The Italian Building.

• Like 2

Looks like the fountains have a couple of issues for the nozzle jets are not streaming in the front and 2 on the right side. Hopefully to be corrected in the coming month before fireworks show starts.  Also it looks like they moved the camera up more so you cannot see the KI sign anymore. 

Edited by jdf21972
  • Like 2