Red Racer Retrack Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

So I just got off the Red Racer. It has now had the rest of its tracked completely. Overhauled. That is the best ride on that I have ever had on The Racer. 

You can tell the track is still a little stiff, but as soon as it wears in a little bit, holy cow. Post your thoughts below when you have a chance to ride it.

Photo_1681489295986.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Not yet, but it looked like they painted underneath white already, so I am sure it is coming.

I feel like I remember someone saying that the new track can't be painted for a while after it gets installed, but I can't remember why.

Is it pressure treated wood?  If so, painting it too soon can actually cause the boards to warp, plus you run the risk of major paint adhesion issues. After a few months, give it the tried and true moisture test. Dribble some water on the surface, and if it soaks right in the wood is ready to coat.

• Like 1

A nice wooden rumble but not a painful jerking about, it's about as smooth as can been expected. Great ride.

8 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

I don't think Blue is gonna be doing much winning this year...

I told my wife the same thing

• Haha 1

Red was running very well when I rode it. Really hope they do blue this next off season. That trim on the red turn around didn't hit very hard when I rode it today so I'm thinking that blue is going to have a very hard time catching up now seeing as typically red always arrives at the lift first and drops first. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

My only critique would be to fix the bump at the bottom of the last hill before you do the turn around. You fix that and it is butter smooth.

That one hill is a why I think Blue Racer has the better first half. That hill was retracked on Blue Racer for the 2021 season but oddly not on Red Racer.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KingsMills79 said:

Every time I look at the webcam, it seems Red Racer is the only side running. Are staff shortages causing a "no race" Racer or is it because it's too early in the season?

Just curious.

It is racing now. Usually it does not start racing until right before 12:00 PM when a new shift is scheduled to arrive.

• Like 1