Red Racer Retrack Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

4 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I rode the red side of Racer today.

In my genuine opinion, Red racer is now BUTTER SMOOTH for a wooden coaster. I would even go as far as to argue that this will be the best Racer has ridden ever since it was built in 1972. Period.

I rode it 2 more times today, and it has moved up so far on my favorite rides list. 

• Like 2

It is racing now. Usually it does not start racing until right before 12:00 PM when a new shift is scheduled to arrive.
Keep in mind Blue Racer only currently has one train. So you will see red run solo from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I rode it 2 more times today, and it has moved up so far on my favorite rides list. 

Would you say that it has broken in more compared to last week?

21 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

Keep in mind Blue Racer only currently has one train. So you will see red run solo from time to time.

That makes sense. Red Racer was running many solo runs today. Hopefully, Kings Island gets Blue Racer’s other train up and running soon.

What happened to the other blue Racer train?
Apparently it's still in the maintenance shop. Not sure if they just didn't finish its annual maintenance or what. But it only has one train on the track.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DownInRivertown said:

slightly off topic, but is there literally any chance the backwards track will ever return? they may physically not be able to do it anymore but people would RIOT if they did. me included! 

Not with CF owning the park, they made the decision to return it forward. 

On 4/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, silver2005 said:

That and PTC kinda preferred them go forwards only. 

If I remember correctly, and this is all allegedly; PTC preferred the cars to face forwards instead of backwards because of more stress being applied to the track.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheBeast54 said:

If I remember correctly, and this is all allegedly; PTC preferred the cars to face forwards instead of backwards because of more stress being applied to the track.

Which, I don't completely get because I did ride recaR and backwards Racer 75, and it didn't feel much rougher/smoother than the forwards side. 

Now, I do think that GG and GCI said that Timberliners and Millennium Flyers respectively can be made to go backwards. 

Hmm....now I want backwards Mystic Timbers.  B)

5 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Which, I don't completely get because I did ride recaR and backwards Racer 75, and it didn't feel much rougher/smoother than the forwards side. 

Now, I do think that GG and GCI said that Timberliners and Millennium Flyers respectively can be made to go backwards. 

Hmm....now I want backwards Mystic Timbers.  B)

To be fair though, Maverick's heartline roll in theory wasn't rough on the riders; but rather it was too stressful on the track and would make upkeep because of wear a nightmare. Perhaps it was a situation like that in which the track could've became a repetitive pain to work on or somehow the blue trains would become damaged over time because of the reversal?

Backwards Mystic in back row would be absolutely more intense than Banshee or Invertigo, no doubt :lol:

1 hour ago, TheBeast54 said:

To be fair though, Maverick's heartline roll in theory wasn't rough on the riders; but rather it was too stressful on the track and would make upkeep because of wear a nightmare. Perhaps it was a situation like that in which the track could've became a repetitive pain to work on or somehow the blue trains would become damaged over time because of the reversal?

Backwards Mystic in back row would be absolutely more intense than Banshee or Invertigo, no doubt :lol:

But recaR ran for what...25 years or something?  Wasn't the reason given was that it was put forwards again to keep operations consistent among all Cedar Fair parks?  

I never rode it backwards and wouldn't if they offered it again.  

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

But recaR ran for what...25 years or something?  Wasn't the reason given was that it was put forwards again to keep operations consistent among all Cedar Fair parks?  

I never rode it backwards and wouldn't if they offered it again.  

Yeah about 25 or so (I think 26 cause if I remember it was '82-'08), and I'm not too sure the main reason as that was just speculation on my part. It sort of makes sense if that was the reason officially but it still confuses me a bit.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2023 at 5:42 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

Yes, it was a Cedar Fair decision. 

• Like 1