Is Coney opening this year?

burlguy41005

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, that is probably accurate. All these years later, and I still miss working in the rides department there.  I still think it was a bad business decision to remove them.  Its not like they have invested in new water slides or expanded the pool area.  Most of the rides side sits now unused.   The Storybook Pedal boats and Cincy Mini Golf are still there and open on weekends in the summer.

• Sad 4

On 4/23/2023 at 8:44 PM, CoastersRZ said:

Unfortunately, that is probably accurate. All these years later, and I still miss working in the rides department there.  I still think it was a bad business decision to remove them.  Its not like they have invested in new water slides or expanded the pool area.  Most of the rides side sits now unused.   The Storybook Pedal boats and Cincy Mini Golf are still there and open on weekends in the summer.

I was fortunate enough to be have been part of the second life of coney, was working with the concession group and met a number of great people there on Kellog. 

• Like 1

Removing the rides was definitely a bad business decision in my opinion. I know they likely lost out on a lot of money from company picnics because of it. The company my brother-in-law used to work for was reportedly looking for somewhere else to hold their picnic after the rides were removed, though I believe the pandemic got in the way of that anyway. Coney used to be a place the entire family could enjoy regardless of whether you liked the pool. Now if you don't want to swim there's really not much point in going out there - there are numerous mini golf places in the area and several of the county parks have paddle boats. I haven't been back since they removed the rides except when I went to a concert at Riverbend last year (and that was just driving through to get to the parking lot).

• Like 3

I know this would have been unlikely, but I wish that history would have been kinder to Coney and that this area would have a small park similar to, say, a Knoebels, or a Waldameer, etc where Coney had like one centerpiece classic wood coaster and a bunch of classic flat rides and the like, obviously nothing at Kings Island's level, but a small alternative to KI.  I really wish the Cincinnati area had a small park like that.

You’re both wrong anyways, it’s 4 days :D.  

Before someone corrects me, I know it’s really 8, but the park does not count the extra 4 due to it being a community fair which is held at the park annually.

ACE has an event at Strickers Grove this year, I believe July 29th.  If your a member I recommend going, if not find a friend who is and go as a guest.  It is one of the small business days for groups that cannot buy out the whole park.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Citybeat says the pickleball courts at Coney will be $20 an hour to rent. The Cincinnati Pickleball Club website meanwhile says you can go to nearby Lunken Playfield and rent a court for two hours at a rate of $5 per person. A group of four could go there and pay the same price and get the court for twice as long.

I will admit that the "soccer billiards" thing sounds somewhat fun, but not something I'd go there to do. I sincerely doubt the street curling will draw much interest at all. I do have to wonder what they were thinking with that.

I also find it funny that absolutely none of this information is on their website or Facebook page at all.

• Haha 1