Kings Island hot take predictions

ldhudsonjr

Hey all, I'm working on a video for the channel (think along the lines of the "Buy or Sell" series by Airtime thrills, and could use your help! Give me your predictions for what will happen in the future of Kings Island! What kinds of new attractions do you see coming? Is there a ride you don't think we'll make it much longer? Whatever it is leave it below!

1. The Bat will not live for another five years.

2. Whenever The Vortex plot is occupied, it will be with a Mach coaster. 
3. Kings Island will never go back to a “conventional” nightly show after “Fun, Fireworks, and Fifty.” They will look to innovate each year. 
4. Boo Blasters will be replaced within four years

5. Cedar Fair will own Camp Cedar within 10 years

Just some fun thoughts.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Congo Falls is likely to be removed soon(ish).  

The next coaster will not go in the old Vortex spot.

I expect a large renovation of Action Zone in the next few years into a completely new land.  Likely tied to my first two predictions.  Although this might not be the next coaster, it might just be the next big coaster.

Kings Island is the only park in the chain now without a wild mouse style coaster.  The one which was just built at Cedar Point would fit perfectly where the old arcade is located between Zephyr and the Antique Cars, with the queue between the wild mouse and Zephyr.

Boo Blasters will be replaced, the replacement will also likely be a shooting ride.

When a coaster is built on the old Vortex spot I am expecting a dive coaster.

• Like 1

I'll give this a try...

1. Kings Island will have an RMC product within the next decade

2. Cedar Fair will sell a park within the next decade

3. Cedar Point will work with Intamin on a new project before 2030.

4. No B&M coasters will be built within the next decade at KI

5. International Restaurant will open for regular operation by 2026

• Like 3

1. Invertigo will be Invertigone within the next 5 years (Depending on what happens with The Bat)
  2. The entrance plaza will not be renovated in the foreseeable future
  3. There will be a new skyline built within a year or so in the park
  4. The next roller coaster addition will be in The Vortex plot
  5. Action Zone will get an Aeronautica landing styled treatment
  6. Panda Express will leave the park within the next 3 years
  7. BOLD: Kings Island will play with the idea of Year round operations within the next few years (This is dependent on the success of Carowinds and Kings Dominion as well as additional infrastructure needed for the park such as more indoor rides and restaurants) 

2 hours ago, Kenban said:

The one which was just built at Cedar Point would fit perfectly where the old arcade is located between Zephyr and the Antique Cars, with the queue between the wild mouse and Zephyr.

Don’t touch my beloved KillMart! :lol:

• Like 3

Heres mine:

1) Phantom Theater will be revived in the Boo Blasters building within the next couple seasons

2) The Crypt building will be used for a ride again

3) Action Zone will be completely different by 2030 likely with multiple rides being replaced with new flat rides

4) The next coaster will go on Vortex plot and will be a multi launch of some type

5) The Bat will be retired immediately after the next coaster gets announced

6) Soak City will only recieve one new ride this decade

7) Planet Snoopy won't become Camp Snoopy

8) Festhaus will recieve a complete food overhaul with a menu similar to Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Festhaus

9) The Bat gets replaced by a large scale GCI Titan Track coaster (likely GCI/Skyline Attractions' crown jewel project)

10) The park goes year round within the next couple seasons

11 BOLD PREDICTION) The International Restaurant and current front gate get replaced by a new 2 level entrance building that also features a restaurant on top but with easier access so the restaurant can be open as a normal restaurant year round and also features a patio overlooking I street. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snowball said:

Don’t touch my beloved KillMart! :lol:

Yeah, I was wanting to go see the zombies on Saturday as the weather was Haunt-esque (and then the temp dropped to Winterfest levels lol)

More on topic:

Invertigo will get removed at some point

Backlot Stunt Coaster will get some sort of refresh (spinning trains would be great!)

KI might try opening later (like in May) like they did in 2020 and years following due to this year's slow start to the season (Adventure Port/restaurants not ready, rides closed, etc.)

1. In keeping with the trend of removing corporate chain restaurants for custom food offerings for the park, and to balance out the last bit of German flair in Oktoberfest with the Latin American/ Ancient Mexico theme of Adventure Port, Panda Express will be removed from Festhaus and replaced with a signature food option that combines German flair and healthy options, possibly with goetta (who doesn't love goetta?).

2. When Mystic Timbers needs to be retracked after several years, Kings Island will go with The Gravity Group's engineered precut track like on Racer and The Beast over GCI, despite GCI building the ride.

3. Half of Action Zone will be gone in 10 years. 

• Like 3

Bold predictions for KI 

1. Slaughter house and Crypt building to be torn down and new ride built in the area. 

2. The Bat will be torn down to make way for a drop B&M coaster

3. Soak City will be renamed to Kings Mills Beach

4. Kings Mills Beach to get a water coaster 

5. Winterfest to start earlier in the day

6. KI will inherent 2 rides from California Great America as it will be closed by 2026.

7. KI theatre will be refurbished 

8. Action Zone will be rebranded to include Adventure Port

9. Starting in 2025 KI will be open year round with limited ride operations 

10. Start selling webcam subscriptions to view around the park. 

11, Planet Snoopy to add new rides as the outdoor theatre is town down

12. Boo Blasters removed and a new dark ride will be replacing it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

Bold predictions for KI 

1. Slaughter house and Crypt building to be torn down and new ride built in the area. 

2. The Bat will be torn down to make way for a drop B&M coaster

3. Soak City will be renamed to Kings Mills Beach

4. Kings Mills Beach to get a water coaster 

5. Winterfest to start earlier in the day

6. KI will inherent 2 rides from California Great America as it will be closed by 2026.

7. KI theatre will be refurbished 

8. Action Zone will be rebranded to include Adventure Port

9. Starting in 2025 KI will be open year round with limited ride operations 

10. Start selling webcam subscriptions to view around the park. 

11, Planet Snoopy to add new rides as the outdoor theatre is town down

12. Boo Blasters removed and a new dark ride will be replacing it

Crypt building wont be tore down. Dback's supports are on top of the entrance for that. I mean im sure they could but that would be a lot of work. 

Everyone seems determined that The Bat is going to be demolished soon. Frankly, I don't see it. I personally see The Vortex plot as far better real estate for the park in regards to a new coaster being built. If we are going by the "service life" mumbo jumbo, I don't feel you can really compare The Bat to Vortex just because they are both Arrow coasters. Vortex was far rougher than The Bat currently is and didn't really fill much of a niche for your average person. This being said, I don't feel like it is impossible that they decide to remove it within a five year time frame. I just feel there are far more likely candidates such as Congo Falls or Invertigo, the latter of which has a horrendous throughput. I personally expect to see close to another ten years out of The Bat, but we shall see.

gribble.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roughness is only one component.  But I still think Vortex got a bad rap because of the smoother coasters that came along after it...and everybody that rode Vortex when it opened were a lot older and most bigger when it closed, adding to the roughness factor LOL

Roughness isn't why Vortex left...

Forces on the track of a suspended coaster are usually higher than on a traditional coaster.  So in the case of The Bat versus Adventure Express and Vortex, the issue is that the suspended coaster track is always in tension with the train cars pulling the track away from the supports, whereas Adventure Express and Vortex track is in compression pushing the track into the supports.  Now of course the design accommodates those forces, but it is still an issue that needs to be considered.  Constantly trying to pull something apart versus pushing it together usually results in an object failing first by trying to pull it apart than by squeezing it together.  Probably a reason why we will see Banshee leave before Diamondback even though Banshee is newer...

Part of me gets superstitious about jinxing things that I want to happen. So I'm just going to list things that I would rather not see or don't care about, and then either I get what I want or I can at least say "Hey! I was right!"

1. The Bat will be the next coaster to go. A lot of people are saying this and between the recent problems and the fact that Arrow isn't around all make this seem likely.

2. The park will get two new coasters this decade but one will be a family coaster and the other will be a B&M that enthusiasts and KI fans won't want.

3. There will be at least two coasters removed this decade, so the park will have fewer coasters in 2030 than it did in 2018.

3. They will continue to cut down trees throughout the park and make it look like a barren concrete jungle.

4. Action Zone will get a drink stand in 2039

• Sad 1

Ok, you want a prediction, here's my prediction.

1. The Crypt building will get a Vekoma Madhouse inside.

2. Kings Island will make their own version of a M.C.U. based it around the dark rides and coasters of Kings Island.

3. Flight of Fear interior will get a make over and the spaghetti bowl will add theming to make it scarier.

4. The Beast will get a walk in pre show like Orion. The same thing with Banshee.

5. Banshee will get a big theme overhale to make it a bit scary and to tell what is going on.

6. Haunt will get more mazes in the upcoming years.

7. There will be roam around characters in River Town, International Street, Area 72, and Adventure Port.

8. The next coaster in Area 72 will be a indoor family coaster style like CHAOS from Opryland.

9. Planet Snoopy might get Snoopy Racing Railway and become the first ART engineering family coaster in the USA.

10. Phantom Theater will return where Boo Blaster once was and be manufacture by Sally.

Everyone seems determined that The Bat is going to be demolished soon. Frankly, I don't see it. I personally see The Vortex plot as far better real estate for the park in regards to a new coaster being built. If we are going by the "service life" mumbo jumbo, I don't feel you can really compare The Bat to Vortex just because they are both Arrow coasters. Vortex was far rougher than The Bat currently is and didn't really fill much of a niche for your average person. This being said, I don't feel like it is impossible that they decide to remove it within a five year time frame. I just feel there are far more likely candidates such as Congo Falls or Invertigo, the latter of which has a horrendous throughput. I personally expect to see close to another ten years out of The Bat, but we shall see.
gribble.JPG.d5005a9923f901500b7ceef2d9b2277e.JPG

There is a reason it hasn’t opened this year. I’d ride it when you can if/when it opens again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Vortex’s replacement will bring with it a new theme to the back area of the park (the area encompassing WindSeeker, SRR, and BLSC)
  2. Phantom Theater Returns
  3. Soak City gets some major changes within the next 10 years as some slides begin to show their age
  4. More passholder specific perks
  5. Something is done with the former Wolfpack building (recycled for another haunted house, demolished, something else, idk just something)
  6. Experimental Haunt Thursdays
  7. We see another coaster leave by 2030
  8. Planet Snoopy gets overhauled within the next 10 years.
  • Like 1