Beating a dead horse

SonofBaconator

38 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

How unimpressive Boo Blasters is and how it should be replaced by a reimagined Phantom Theater

39 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

"All I want from KI is [proceeds to describe a Disney-level experience as if it's the bare minimum], is that too much to ask?"

39 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

The number of buildings in plain sight that are only used during Haunt season

I feel personally attacked :lol:

• Haha 1

I feel a bit responsible for the PT dead horse beating. But I won’t apologize. 

The two that always get me…

1. Son of Beast revival - I don’t get this one at all and I feel like a lot of people who want this to happen never rode the original. Spoiler alert: It sucked. A ground up RMC deserves its own “thing.” 

2. The constant obsession with ripping out attractions for the sake of putting in a new coaster. There’s plenty of room to expand with removing anything. Knock it off, fanboys. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I feel personally attacked :lol:

21 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

I feel a bit responsible for the PT dead horse beating. But I won’t apologize. 

Alright, let me clarify my post real quick.

I'm not singling anyone out. I too have talked about these things. There's nothing wrong with talking about those things. There's a reason they're common topics--they're good topics that many around here care about. You're exasperating no one if you continue to talk about them.

My tone was meant to be playful, while also listing things that get talked about around here a lot. I couldn't care less if y'all were to make a thousand new Phantom Theater threads tomorrow. This is a Kings Island fansite. If you're NOT posting about hopeful you are to speculate that Phantom Theater will be back next year and what it might be like, then I'm not sure what the point of this place even is. Keep doing what you do!

I apologize if anything I listed was hurtful to anyone. That wasn't my intent, but intent matters less than effect.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Alright, let me clarify my post real quick.

I'm not singling anyone out. I too have talked about these things. There's nothing wrong with talking about those things. There's a reason they're common topics--they're good topics that many around here care about. You're exasperating no one if you continue to talk about them.

My tone was meant to be playful, while also listing things that get talked about around here a lot. I couldn't care less if y'all were to make a thousand new Phantom Theater threads tomorrow. This is a Kings Island fansite. If you're NOT posting about hopeful you are to speculate that Phantom Theater will be back next year and what it might be like, then I'm not sure what the point of this place even is. Keep doing what you do!

I apologize if anything I listed was hurtful to anyone. That wasn't my intent, but intent matters less than effect.

Hahaha. No apologies! I got it. All in good fun!

• Like 1

Here are some of mine:

1. Son of Beast- while impressive in stats, the ride was problematic for a number of reasons and not the best ride to re-market to guests from a PR standpoint. 
  2. Demolishing Timberwolf- concert venues are ways for parks to make extra money…rip them out and they lose that potential revenue. Leaving them to just sit is far better than outright demolishing them because once they’re gone, it’ll be very hard to bring them back.
  3. Getting rid of Backlot- even though it might not look pretty, the ride is popular with families. If you rip it out, you lose another family ride (unless of course you immediately replace it with something similar but what’s the point in that?)
  4. Camp Snoopy- I myself have been a proponent of an overhaul to Planet Snoopy but now I’m not too sure it’ll happen on the scale I once thought. I don’t think a retheme would generate a big ROI. Maybe we’ll see something like we did in 2015 where we got a few rides but I don’t think we’ll see a big rebrand. I could be wrong.
  5. A hotel- we’re a regional park first and foremost. If Cedar Fair wanted a hotel, they would have built one for us by now. KI benefits off of local hotels because not only do they get revenue from their guests who come to the park, but they don’t have to pay the hotel staff or pay to keep the buildings operating.

42 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

You guys get to beat your own dead horses around. But I am beating one of the dead horses in particular. When can we see a Vekoma Madhouse at Kings Island.

Well, your poor arms are going to be very tired beating that horse. On the other hand, you will have an awesome set of biceps with all that repetitiveness. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Some of mine have been - - - - - 

Racer needed a repaint

Adventure Port wasn't open for Opening Weekend

Phantom Theater needs to return

We need to address the Tomb Raider building

Vortex needs a replacement

The Bat needs to be saved from demolition in the future 

• Like 1

I know I have said this before on other posts and threads, but if everyone doesn’t mind, I will say it on this thread.

Paramount choosing to put what is now Backlot Stunt Coaster in the middle of the park and in the process removing the original Antique car tracks and the Flying eagles.