Why did Kings Island sue?

Gordon Bombay

When I say SOB is rough, i am really comparing it to the better of wood, the "par" if you will, Thunder Run at SFKK is better, Twisted Twins, the rough little dueler is rougher that Thunder run, but they bask in the glory that they are not like Son of Beast, SOB is terribly rough!

I can handle SOB, but I do not like it, it is really really rough!

Sadly though, it seems as though no one was interested in putting in bids for the rolling stock, so I guess they got what was available. I think a lot of experienced people in the industry steered clear of SOB, could ya blame them?

- Todd

Ironically, M@ilman and myself more or less begged Tom Reebie to make some trains for SOB (jokingly, of course). He more or less said that he didn't want anything to do with the project and that there would have to be some serious modifications to the whole system in order for him to even think about it. I guess he just didn't want to get sued. Blame him?

I've always thought SOB was rough, but in a good way. It makes the ride more exciting. And if you expect it to be rough, it can be rough without being painful. It's not near as headache inducing as The Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Besides, it's nice to have a ride that isn't just typically smooth. . . gives it character, which is someting so many other parks lack in their rides. I've always enjoyed SOB, even if I don't think it holds a candle to the original.

I've always thought SOB was rough, but in a good way. It makes the ride more exciting. And if you expect it to be rough, it can be rough without being painful. It's not near as headache inducing as The Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Besides, it's nice to have a ride that isn't just typically smooth. . . gives it character, which is someting so many other parks lack in their rides. I've always enjoyed SOB, even if I don't think it holds a candle to the original.

I agree with you 100%. I wish people would quit complaining about it cause it really is a great coaseter.

Same here, I find SoB rough in a good way. It wasn't necessarily roughness i felt on it either, just a whole lot of bouncing. It felt like the problem was more in the trains than in the ride itself.

Forwards Racer on the other hand I can't take. That ride is back-breaking, jack-hammering rough.

"The people who built The Beast are a lot more skilled than those who built SOB."

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, the same company built both so it's the same skill.

Kings Island built The Beast. RCCA started to build SoB, and Paramount's Kings Island finished the job, hardly the same company, or situation, under which The Beast was built.

Not to mention that The Beast was being built in 1978, SoB was in 1999. I hardly doubt that the same group of people built both coasters.