What do you want to see for the 2005 season

In an attempt to be both proactive and reactive, I'm coming to the community asking what you guys want to see on PKIC for the 2005 season.

We already have things in mind, mainly we know this is going to be a big video year for us.

I ask you: what did you and did you not like about our updates from last season? What would you like to see more of? Do you have any original ideas that you could propose?

Hopefully with the ideas that we have lined up and the input of the community, we can make PKIC an even better place!

We've actually toyed with that idea. The problem is, if we wanted to do a live stream, then we'd have to broadcast out of Nexigen, and if we wanted to record a show, then why not just listen to "In the Loop". Quite frankly, there's no real news that we could give you that you wouldn't see on the forums beforehand. I suppose we could always have special broadcasts in which we interview people for special occasions, but we'd still need to pick up the technology for that.

• 1 month later...
Ewww wink.gif j/k. We need some contests in the park, last year there was PKIU vs. PKIC, which i know cant be done now, but something like that... other than survivor, just a one day deal in BB or something

Good idea... anyone want to pitch some contests?

PKIC Avatars

More staff oppertunitys

New site look

*(A page for my pics, where I can give info on the plane and Stats on my flights.)

A more advance employee lounge forum

An RCT/NoLimits exchange place

An intro movie when entering the site

Member of the week and/or month

If I think of anymore I'll make sure to post them.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a track record showing all of the coasters we have been on? You would put it in your profile.

F5, I think it's been suggested about the RCT/No limits exchange and it was decided that it would take up too much bandwidth, I think.

I would like to see an interactive park map on the site. Visitors could click on a ride/restaurant and get detailed info on it...

For rides:

Ride name (along with any other common names for that ride)

When it was put in

Who built it

Ride capacity

Height requirements

Any other interesting details you want to add

For restaurants:

A menu listing all the items the restaurant sells and how much each item is.

The best way I can think of to do this would be to use Flash (although I don't know anything about it, so I can't help).

Currently, only a few rides have detailed information listed, and there isn't anything listing the height requirements for the rides.

An interactive park map on the website would be a great feature because guests would know what to expect before they visited.

Also, I would love to see the return of costumed characters wandering through the park during the day, in addition to the current scheduled "meet and greet" things. I remember how much fun it was to "meet" Yogi Bear and other Hanna-Barbera characters when I was little, and I'm sure that it would be a lot of fun for kids today as well.